• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon X and Y (SPOILERS THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it might be similar to caterpie/weedle in gen 1 where it's way easier to catch one of the pokes over the other depending on which version you have

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
it might be similar to caterpie/weedle in gen 1 where it's way easier to catch one of the pokes over the other depending on which version you have
There were weedles in blue?

I didn't know that

I don't think I ever caught one

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Why is Mega Gengar Ghost/Psychic? It was supposed to be the Fairy destroyer...

Now that I actually look at that chart Skrelp is the only new poison type introduced so far (please let his evo be cool GF).

This is why Goomy/Sliggo's final form NEEDS to be Dragon/Poison. It'd be the only Dragon in existence that Fairies couldn't hard counter.

EDIT: Just realized by looking at the type chart that Fairy/Ground provides perfect (non-resisted) coverage. Everything Fairy is ineffective against (Steel, Fire, and Poison) would be smacked by a super effective Ground move. If GF ever makes an offensive Fairy/Ground type it'd be pretty OP.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Guys please stop linking pictures from 4chan, upload them to imgur or something because the threads 404 in a matter of hours and the images disappear.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think everyone saw this coming...

Looks like some sort of final battle... I guess that's one thing I'll appreciate about Megas: they'll definitely make the game much more challenging (assuming you're not using one yourself).

Spire

III
BRoomer
I need to see a profile view because as it stands, that looks hilarious. I'm sure it looks fantastic, but the perspective is laughable. Also: I guess you fight on the sun???

mood4food77

Smash Hero
so weather apparently lasts 5 turns, and i mean weather from drought, snow warning, sand stream, and drizzle

and SR might do only 10% to neutral targets

**** got real......again

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
EDIT: Just realized by looking at the type chart that Fairy/Ground provides perfect (non-resisted) coverage. Everything Fairy is ineffective against (Steel, Fire, and Poison) would be smacked by a super effective Ground move. If GF ever makes an offensive Fairy/Ground type it'd be pretty OP.

Kotaku review: http://kotaku.com/pokemon-x-and-y-is-everything-you-wanted-pokemon-to-be-1441044517
As such, you can probably forego using most moves that aren't attacks...not that single-player is boring or anything! I've found myself having to consider the make-up of my team more than in previous Pokemon games, partially because of the balance, and partially because there are a lot of curious new type combinations. Ground-ghost Pokemon? Ground-Fairy Pokemon? Sure!
So I'm pretty much a fortune teller/genius... Guess this pretty much confirms a Fairy/Ground type after all.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Can someone please chop the testicles off the dude whose idea Fairy type was?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Like I said above, it's Greninja, Zard X and I against the world. I just WANT a few decent fairies to choose from. The designs for Slurpuff and Aromisse(?) just don't appeal to me at all. Hoping Flabébé's turns out good. If it HAS one.

I swear, the fairies that aren't Sylveon and Xerneas are like the Wormadam and Cherrim of Gen 6. Ugh.
Competitively, things will works things out soon enough.

In-game though, I don't think having a Fairy type is going to be a pre-requisite. You didn't need a Dark or Steel type to get through Gold and Silver, did you?

Also, Nintendo is super-pissed about the leaks. They wanted to keep things a surprise, worldwide releae and all that. But hey, leaks happen eventually.

http://www.geek.com/games/nintendo-...they-flew-someone-out-to-get-it-back-1572709/

Spire

III
BRoomer
Loving all of these, especially Gourgeist. Though if it's capping at 70 new Pokémon, that's an all-time low. Didn't think that Mega Evolutions would take up space.

However, I read on kotaku that there are now 700+ Pokémon. Does that include Mega Evolutions or not? Anyone know?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
well, with the current 67 that aren't megas, we've seen plus the old 649, that's 716 pokes

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Goodra might be my absolute favorite of Gen 6. Willing to bet it's a Dragon/Poison (aka the dragon to take down fairies).

Shame it's most likely the psuedo legendary which means I won't be using it on my initial run through (they take too long to obtain most of the time).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Clauncher evolution:

Skrelp evolution should be up soon.

EDIT: Skrelp evo!

Sliggo evo!!

I hate you clauncher for having mega launcher

If you have more moves than Mega Blastoise that use it I'll hate you even more

Also Goomy's final Doesn't look as good as I hoped, BUT I still like it. I still hope it's Dragon/ Fairy. It doesn't look like a water type anymore

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Electric-type weather is possibly confirmed. Magneton apparently used a move called Electric Terrain, which was described as an electric-type rain dance. **** just got real.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Electric-type weather is possibly confirmed. Magneton apparently used a move called Electric Terrain, which was described as an electric-type rain dance. **** just got real.
Didn't rain dance already help electric types though with the whole thunder thing?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Kinda sorta, not to the same extent that Electric Terrain probably would. I'm not too worried about it this gen as I doubt there's a weather setter like Politoed so it'll probably be little more than a gimmick. Next gen, we'll talk.

edit: Thanks! I've seen some hilarious rage while playing stall. That was probably my favorite.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are now on the Goodra is Dragon/ Poison thing

But I'm still holding out for Dragon/ Fairy

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I really want Goodra to be Drag/Poison and maintain its great bulk. We need one of these ****ers to be a great defensive option and I'd greatly appreciate it.

This and Aegislash might be everything I've ever dreamed for.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just can't get excited about a Dragon/ Poison

All I imagine is EARTHQUAKE

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if goodra is dragon/poison and stays a special wall, it has really good synergy with skarmory, like really ****ing good synergy

goodra would resist electric, fire, water, fighting, grass, poison, bug
skarmory resists ground, fairy, grass, bug, dragon, normal, flying, psychic

that's every type that isn't ghost, dark, rock, ice, and fighting, pretty sure you could cover those easily

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
GAH! Goodra is so cool!!! The more I stare at it, the better it gets.

Dragon/Poison is best because no weakness to fairy, and holy crap does poison need more ripping this gen. Also immunity to toxic.

I'll also accept Dragon/Fairy though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently people have already figured out Doublade with eviolite is probably going to be better than Aegislash

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Apparently people have already figured out Doublade with eviolite is probably going to be better than Aegislash

we can't say that yet, aegislash has an attack form as well, i also think aegislash has a ridiculously high base defense (i mean duoblade has base 120)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm slightly disappointed honedge's third form isn't roronoa zoro or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom