• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Stadium 1 good for Meta Knight? o.O

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I just had a battle and I fought a meta knight while I was sheik. I killed him on the first stock without much trouble and had little dammage, the battle was looking good for me. Then the level changed into the earthy area that has some metal in it, has the big wall (not a tree, that's a different area) on the left and just to the right of the wall, theres a space that you can get in to with the wall to your left and a metal bar to your right (hope I described it well). Afterwards, I decided to go down there to be safe and charge needles, then Meta Knight came down there by me and started using his neutral A attack and it got me stuck. I wasn't able to DI out of it or anything and it brought me from about 17% to 247% and he was able to finnish me off right as the stage changed back with a down smash before I could move.

Sorry if this has already been known, just wanted to point it out because it seems like something that could help meta knights on that level since it's basically a 0% death kill.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
yeah any stage with a wall like that allows MK to pull off an infinite jab. ive never gotten to use it in a serious match, as I rarely play stages that its easy to pull off on... but its a known thing.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Here's some good info from Tomanater33's counterpick thread about MK and PS1:

Tomanater33 said:
Pokemon Stadium 1: This stage seems to be the one that jumps back and forth from neutral to counter pick, but I feel with the new physics of the windmill and game overall it belongs as a counter pick. One overall advantage for MK on this stage is on its ledge. There is a little grove right below and inward from the sweet spot, from most angles during game play you can’t really see it. All characters up B moves, except MK, that I have seen get stuck in it if they miss time it and they fall to there death. You up B will fit right in the groove and sweet spot you right onto the stage, unless your opponent is ledge guarding AND invincible, then you glide into the pole to your death. If your opponent is not invincible he will either A) get hit away from the stage forcing him to recover giving you a chance to gimp him or B) he will get hit down off the stage giving you a chance to attack or toadstool hope the to there death. (Note: at higher percents your opponent will get spiked off the stage)

Transformations:
Basic- This form of PS1 is very similar to battlefield minus the center platform. It generally helps MK from projectiles and campers giving him a higher platform to jump to and attack from, it also helps gives him height if you’re trying to go off stage into a glide attack a recovering opponent.

Jungle/Forest- There are three platforms on this one, two in the center and one on the right hand side. There is also a small dip on the stage floor here there is a river. This transformation has generally the same advantages for MK as its basic due to the platforms. Just be careful as snake can drop his bombs and stuff on the floor making it harder to see due to its darker color so if you hit one it can mess you up badly.

Water/Windmill- This stage is one of the big changes from melee. There are two platforms on the right side, the far right one being higher up. On the left there is the windmill. On the windmill you can no longer phase through the platforms but because of how small the windmill platforms are almost all attack boxes go through it. First Campers will run here trying to mess you up or spam a projects at you. People who will not approach you will normally try to stay on top or run around trying to keep you off balance and attack at the smallest opening. Generally since MK has more jumps and mobility in the air you can match most of there moves, and if you have good control of MK punish them for trying to get on top of it or around it. Also because the platforms you can no longer phase through MK gains a good advantage underneath it. He can use his tornado to bounce him off it and lead it into another attack, tornado, or a laser lock with his jab. He can build up a lot of damage here if you lead them to it. Be careful though since if your tornado hits the windmill platform you will bounce the other way, resulting in a SD if the tornado is almost complete. Overall a good MK can really take advantage of this transformation.

Fire- The house on the right has a platform, in the middle there is a dip, followed by the dead tree wall, and past that on the left there is another platform. MK is safe from all Infinites on the wall that I have seen due to the dip in the level right before the wall except laser lock, but then again MK can also laser lock there too for as long as the stage stays this way. D3 Can not chain grab infinite because of the dip, Marth can not down tilt to death you because of the dip, but he can build up a good bit of damage. Also none of your attacks go through to the other side but many other characters attacks can and hit you. (if anyone has any other knowledge of this with MK please let me know)

Rock/Mountain- There are five platforms in the center area and on the left there is a giant rock wall that has a ledge grab toward the top. There is also a small area on the left side that you can trap opponents and build up some damage, but they can too so be careful. Attacks go though all the platforms in the center and it is extremely easy to gimp some off stage on the left with the rock wall. Many people will camp behind the rock wall since there is a really small place that you can stand and try to lead you there. If you are recovering on the left, and use you up B here you can hit them off the wall, often providing in there death at higher percents as long as hey don’t tech it.

Overall: MK can use this stage to his advantage but you do need to be careful because campers will counter pick it also trying to use it obstacles to help them build up damage and keep you away.

Amide

Smash Lord
It's one of the best levels for MK, but some say there are better. The infinite jab is very situational.

SlitMyMemories

Smash Rookie
**** Then You Got Owned,Once You Caught You Cant Get Out Unless The Field Or Items Touch You,But Youll Probably Dead By Then.

acv

Smash Journeyman
i am not sure pkmn stadium 1 is the best for meta knight.
i was on a money match and i tried to glide under the stage on my last stock.i got stuck when i noticed the stage does not float like everything in brawl.it is sustained by a giant pillar that was build with the 20 dollars i lost.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
i am not sure pkmn stadium 1 is the best for meta knight.
i was on a money match and i tried to glide under the stage on my last stock.i got stuck when i noticed the stage does not float like everything in brawl.it is sustained by a giant pillar that was build with the 20 dollars i lost.
lol wow that sucks...

Top Bottom