• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Rival? What pokemon hsould he use?

Black/Light

Smash Master
I personally don't get this "Pokemon Rival would make Pokemn trainer less unique" stuff. I mean, it seems people have this high lander themed thought when it comes to unique PCs. . .as in "there can only be ONEE!!".

IMO its not the sole fact that a character has a certain game play trate that makes him or her unique, it's how they set them selves appart AFTER the gameplay trate that makes them completely unique.

It's like, the winged chars for example. We have MK/ Pitt and Char with this new feature right now. Did MK become less unique because he shared the wing feature with Pitt? Did either of them become lesser when Char was confirmed? They play completely different (Pitt and MK being abit rivals). . .what does it matter that they share one gameplay trate if they are soo different?

Does Olimar make the IC less unique? It's the same basic princpal, one leader followed by follower(s) who helps him attack. . . Pikmin are just used more like throw away weapons than a actual partner in this respect.

IMO PR wouldn't make PT any less unique. They would simply share the ONE THING Pokemon is about. . . a trainer battleing with their pokemon. PT would still be the only one with a flying fire blasting dragon/ A plant dino with a flower on it's back/ a turt that shoots water.

(Take into account that I don't think there will be another PT like character in BRAWL. But I can hole heartedly see it happening in SSB4 with either 5th gen starter pokemon or some combo of gens that counter PT.)

Now, I think this could work out. . .
Final evol starter - Feraligatr/ Swampert (counters Char)
Mid evol starter - Combusken/ Monferno (counters Ivy)
First stage starter - Trecco (Counters Squrt and is the only non 4 legged or turt grass starter)

That could work out fine. . .maybe even make the rival a girl:p

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I personally don't get this "Pokemon Rival would make Pokemn trainer less unique" stuff. I mean, it seems people have this high lander themed thought when it comes to unique PCs. . .as in "there can only be ONEE!!".

IMO its not the sole fact that a character has a certain game play trate that makes him or her unique, it's how they set them selves appart AFTER the gameplay trate that makes them completely unique.

It's like, the winged chars for example. We have MK/ Pitt and Char with this new feature right now. Did MK become less unique because he shared the wing feature with Pitt? Did either of them become lesser when Char was confirmed? They play completely different (Pitt and MK being abit rivals). . .what does it matter that they share one gameplay trate if they are soo different?

Does Olimar make the IC less unique? It's the same basic princpal, one leader followed by follower(s) who helps him attack. . . Pikmin are just used more like throw away weapons than a actual partner in this respect.

IMO PR wouldn't make PT any less unique. They would simply share the ONE THING Pokemon is about. . . a trainer battleing with their pokemon. PT would still be the only one with a flying fire blasting dragon/ A plant dino with a flower on it's back/ a turt that shoots water.

(Take into account that I don't think there will be another PT like character in BRAWL. But I can hole heartedly see it happening in SSB4 with either 5th gen starter pokemon or some combo of gens that counter PT.)

Now, I think this could work out. . .
Final evol starter - Feraligatr/ Swampert (counters Char)
Mid evol starter - Combusken/ Monferno (counters Ivy)
First stage starter - Trecco (Counters Squrt and is the only non 4 legged or turt grass starter)

That could work out fine. . .maybe even make the rival a girl:p
This has got to be the best post on this thread this is the point im trying to make in what way does PKM rival take away anything from pokemon trainer, I mean link has a sword but so did Roy and marth and now Ike does that make link less cool?? No.

thefindingmoon

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of a pokemon rival but im not sure how much i would want him in
i think i would go for a all second stage team like bayleef , quilava, crocknaw, or something.

i also think mewtwo and lucario are completely different and are both good but i still want blazekin

also howmany think about ditto being a character especially since sakauri is goin for this unique stuff its like a personnel double ganger for everyone

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I think if ditto was a character it would take loads of time and building since he would have to change and mimic every single playable character in the game, and unless you want another delay i really dont want him in for time purposes.

Top Bottom