• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Rival? What pokemon hsould he use?

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
His Pokemon would have the advantage in an actual battle but not in Brawl. For example, Pikachu won't be dealing twice as much damage to Squirtle and half as much damage to Ivysaur as he would in an actual Pokemon game. I think it would just be consistent with the games to give the Rival a seeming advantage over the regular PT (like how he always chooses the starter yours is weak against).

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Lol that seemed to have skipped my mind because brawl doesnt deal with pokemon weaknesses doesnt lol. i knew that *Duh* lol

Machete

Smash Ace
I still have to beat D/P so I don't know. Regardless, I think Lucario has a better shot than Rival anyways...
Well, that's obvious. Lucario is most likely going to be in; the Rival won't be in.

Oh, please: Can anyone explain me why Lucario would take Mewtwo's place?

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Oh, please: Can anyone explain me why Lucario would take Mewtwo's place?
I can't explain it. I just fear that Sakurai will choose to cut Mewtwo in favor of the "classic" Jigglypuff. Maybe I am on crack. Maybe it is four in the morning. Maybe Dunsparce will make it in.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
me too really, any reason why people want him to take mew2s place is because of his b attack would obviously be pulse blast, but that fact that its would be weaker and either follow the oppenent characters or be like lucas/ ness pk thunder would make a great sence keeping them both. they are completely different.

Machete

Smash Ace
I can't explain it. I just fear that Sakurai will choose to cut Mewtwo in favor of the "classic" Jigglypuff
Pokémon is the second biggest franchise of all time. It deserves 5 characters.

I mean... I don't know why a generic pokémon could take the first ultimate legendary's spot.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong, Mewtwo is freaking awesome. If I had to pick only one more rep, it would be him. I just hope they improve him so that i could actually use him this time.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
As far as Jigs goes. I still think pound is an awesome move. I kind of mained her back in the 64 era. i then realized I liked Pikachu more. I sure have changed since then.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Hahaha yeah trip down memory lane i used to kick Butt with ness but i just cant seem to pull it off with him anymore.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon trainer would be cool Imo. He should have starters also, but from different generation.

My list of necessary pokemon reps:
1.Mewtwo
2.Pokemon rival
3. LUcario
4. Jiggs

Jiggs is pretty boring imo. I would want Mewtwo for most and lucario is in between. Rival as a rep would be full of win.

Pokemons could be:
-Feraligatr
-Grovyle
-Combusken/Charmeleon?

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Those Lucario-replacing-Mewtwo fanboys are really annoying. Mewtwo is, by far, the best pokémon (the other pokémon are prescindible scum). No, Lucario's not cooler, he's a blue dog with shorts; and a generic pokémon.

Why not both?
I don't support Lucario (in fact, I hate him), but he's popular and the most recognizable 4th gen pokémon, so he should be in. BUT, Mewtwo is the most recognizable legendary pokémon, and it's one of the most popular pokémon worldwide. Both of them should be in, along with Jigglypuff. That's 5 pokémon reps.

Pikachu as the face; Trainer as the main protagonist; Mewtwo representing the Legendary pokémons; Lucario representing the non-1st gen pokémon and Jigglypuf... is cute.

Oh, and the Pokémon Rival is a bad idea. Pokémon Trainer is awesome because he's the most unique fighter ever (even more than Ice Climbers and Olimar). Two trainers is a bad idea.
This is as close as you can get (IMHO) to a perfect Pokemon crwod.

Like he said... Pikachu as the icon, PT as the main character, Mewtwo as the Legendary, Lucario as the 4th Gen rep, and Jiggly... Yeah.

I would love that Pokemon roster.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Rival is just PT with different Pokemon. Can't see why we can't have two. Doesn't matter anyways. He probably won't make it. Let's hope for him in the next game!

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Who Rival should have (based on the whole "type-advantage" thing, IE Rival would choose the one with the type-advantage in the Pokemon games):

Feraligatr (Water > Fire, 2nd gen)
Monferno (Fire > Grass, 4th gen)
Treecko (Grass > Water, 3rd gen)

S3rious

Smash Cadet
He should use noone i odnt even want him in hes a *****. and a bootlegged PKM Trainer.

S3rious

Smash Cadet
Excatly my point thats one thing i hated about melee too many reps from one series like pikachu pichu and jigglypuff, we could just deal with pikachu alone right?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Excatly my point thats one thing i hated about melee too many reps from one series like pikachu pichu and jigglypuff, we could just deal with pikachu alone right?
I agree with that about melee But multiple reps from each series are appearing in brawl.

:034:

Smash Hero
If he has Pokémon I really like (Feraligatr <3) I support him all the way. Otherwise... No. It really takes away from PT's originality. But if he'd use Feraligatr, I'd be more than willing to make an exception (yes biased).

Top Bottom