• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire announced for November

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Today The Pokemon Company announced two beloved games in the Pokemon series are being remade. Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire are being re-released under the new names Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. These titles will be released sometime in November 2014.

The official site can be found here with the following message contained from Nintendo:

Announcing Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems! Prepare for an epic adventure exploring a world filled with Pokémon!

Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Look forward to Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire when the games launch worldwide in November 2014!
Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire in Smash 3DS and Wii U

Super Smash Bros for 3DS will have the Prism Tower as an exclusive stage

Super Smash Bros for Wii U will have the Kalos Pokemon League as a stage. Both Super Smash Bros on Wii U and 3DS will have Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, and Greninja as playable characters. The only Pokemon as Pokeballs that have made their debut in third gen so far are Metagross, Latias, and Deoxys

Stay tuned to SmashBoards for more Pokemon updates as the launch gets closer. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire come out November 2014!

Thethirdkoopa is a Game Producer, Game Collector, Musician, Gamer, and Smash Fanatic at heart. He's a friendly guy too. He can be reached on Twitter, @Thirdkoopa.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Did anyone else think that Groudon's box art looked a lot like the Groudon from that Jirachi Pokemon movie?

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested to see the Kalos stage. I think we'll see a lot of the same pokemon from previous games in pokeballs. Am I the only one who misses onix as a pokeball pokemon? I think the only other playable pokemon we will get is jigglypuff.

I never played the gen 6 games but I might just get omega ruby.

Last edited:

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
"Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire."

Or you know, the exact same generation. ;)

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
Choose your team...

Team (A)lpha or O(M)ega : Team (A)qua or Team (M)agma!

"Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire."

Or you know, the exact same generation. ;)
Maybe they plan on expanding it? I mean, like a sequel of sorts like Black 2 and White 2 but with an expanded region like Gold and Silver. Since now it looks like the legendaries have some new mega evolutions (if not item-specific transformations).

Proobie44

Smash Cadet
While I'm sure this will be an enjoyable game it's pretty obvious that Nintendo is doing this to make up for their financial losses since the Wii U still isn't doing good.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
One thing I predict is that both groudon and kyorge are getting new forms/megas in this game if we can believe the box art. If you compare the box art to of sapphire to kyorge then you can notice a few differences (most notably the face tattoo it has now). same with the ruby box art but less noticeably. I wonder what's in store for this new game.

rikochet

Smash Cadet
Now.. Ruby and Sapphire, your cool and all. And ima let you finish.
But Pokemon Emerald was the best gen3 Pokemon game of all time. :denzel:

But honestly tho this is amazing

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
One thing I predict is that both groudon and kyorge are getting new forms/megas in this game if we can believe the box art. If you compare the box art to of sapphire to kyorge then you can notice a few differences (most notably the face tattoo it has now). same with the ruby box art but less noticeably. I wonder what's in store for this new game.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got more new mega evolutions.. at least for some that were missed out on. They can just patch Pokemon X and Y.
They'll definitely give us the starters and the box legendaries, at least, I would think.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
inb4 Sceptile in Smash 4.

We already have a fully evolved fire starter and a fully evolved water starter.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Honestly I wish we had a remake of Pokemon yellow and Pokemon crystal instead of this
It already happened. For Yellow, they are called Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen; for Crystal, it's called HeartGold and SoulSilver.
The next logical step was to remake Hoenn instead of remaking games that were already remade.

Last edited:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This, along with Sm4sh of course, made my year.

And we haven't even seen Zelda U yet.

AkashicSword

Yokai
Choose your team...

Team (A)lpha or O(M)ega : Team (A)qua or Team (M)agma!

Maybe they plan on expanding it? I mean, like a sequel of sorts like Black 2 and White 2 but with an expanded region like Gold and Silver. Since now it looks like the legendaries have some new mega evolutions (if not item-specific transformations).
As of this morning, Iwata has confirmed they are "full remakes."

Source: serebii.net

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
inb4 Sceptile in Smash 4.

We already have a fully evolved fire starter and a fully evolved water starter.
Noo, Serperior, Black/White was released after Brawl (and it's my second favourite pokemon).

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Noo, Serperior, Black/White was released after Brawl (and it's my second favourite pokemon).
The fact that Black and White were released after Brawl really do not hold much, if any, importance. Especially since the Ruby and Sapphire remakes come out around a month before Smash 4, based on the estimates that Nintendo has given.

As I mentioned earlier, we already have both a fully evolved fire starter, and a fully evolved water starter. Therefore, it is not illogical to assume that we shall see a fully evolved grass-type starter.

Since we have that established, we have to take a look at the fully evolved grass-type starters throughout the Pokemon games. Many of them are large quadrupeds (Venasaur, Meganium, and Torterra), which probably are not suited for a fighting game. Serperior is unlikely because of its snake-like body structure, and the difficulty of creating moves that comes with such a structure. This narrows it down to Sceptile and Chesnaught. I would not be surprised if Chesnaught were included in Smash 4. However, I feel that Greninja's inclusion in the game hurts Chesnaught's chance of making the cut, because they are from the same games. This pretty much means that Sceptile is the most likely to appear as a playable character by default.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
It already happened. For Yellow, they are called Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen; for Crystal, it's called HeartGold and SoulSilver.
That's not what he meant. Yellow and Crystal are fundamentally different to their respective twin brothers in their plot and Pokemon selection; for example, in Yellow you start out with Pikachu. He wants remakes of Yellow and Crystal specifically, not of their generations.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Well sceptile's chance just shot through the roof especially if we get a mega for him and swampert which also seems likely if they wanna include mega's in this and judging by the box art they do also don't forget the other pokeball pokemon we saw in the CGI part of greninja's trailer

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
The next logical step was to remake Hoenn instead of remaking games that were already remade.
They actually skipped Crystal and yellow,
Heart gold= Gold
SoulSilver= Silver
Fire Red= Red
Leaf Grean= Green/Blue

Top Bottom