• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon characters for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
So evidently these Mega evolutions only happen during battle when your Pokemon is holding a certain item. Seeing as it's temporary, these will most likely be Final Smashes for their respective Pokemon.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
O_O New Lucario looks boss! Blaziken does too. He kinda reminds me of White Kyurem. Lastly, If they make a Mega Charizard that is Fire/Dragon, I will flip my ever loving ****.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
A MegaCharizard would just be Ridley.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Mega Lucario and Mega Mewtwo should be transformations that are earned in the middle of battle, Lucario by maxing out his aura and mewtwo by inflicting so much damage, the new forms would make them better characters overall, they revert to normal after you are KOd though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think this discussion should go into the Pokémon thread. Merging...

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Here's my 5 predictions:

1) Pikachu
2) (New) Pokemon trainer
3) Jiggilypuff
4) Lucario
5) Mewtwo (w/ new form)

and just in case:

6) Genesect

My wishlist:

1) Pikachu
2) Jigglypuff
3) Mewtwo
4) Genesect
5) Scizor

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I'm a little indifferent about Jigglypuff staying, I never cared or liked it. I just think some of the newer Pokémon deserve a spot rather than Nintendo basically feeding the scum known as genwunners. But you bring up some good points.

Then why are you claiming you hate Jigglypuff in other threads? :rolleyes:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
My Pokemon Predictions
Pikachu (Confirmed)
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer Red
Lucario
Mewtwo

Other likely characters
Meowth
Eevee
Second Pokemon Trainer
Zoroark
Genesect

On an unrelated note, would Ampharos be a good Smash character?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Then why are you claiming you hate Jigglypuff in other threads? :rolleyes:
Cause I have a personal vendetta :p Even though she's probably coming back, I'll never like her. And I never say I expect her to be cut like an ignorant person, just want. I've come to a point where I'll accept it but not like it. I'm never serious :joyful:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
MegaKangaskhan (that's a mouthful)

[collapse=Cute!]
[/collapse]

About time that little Kangaskhan got some attention. Probably won't have a role in Smash (maybe trophy at best) but cute and interesting nonetheless.

Oh, it can also attack twice a turn.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mega Kangaskhan is a real thing now?? Regardless, the baby attacking is awesome.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Mega Kangaskhan has actually got me excited. A clever creative use of a mega evolution? YES.
More of this please Gamefreak.

Also no more Eeveelutions please. We have more than enough now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What does Mega Kangaskhan look like? Havent seen any pics yet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I've seen it before, but... I was expecting something else. Only looked at the mother though, didn't gave the baby much attention. But now I domste it, and I think it's quite clever.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Now I really want a Mega Evolution for Dragonite, finally he has the potential to turn into something worthy of a Dragonair evolution, not just some rejected derpier version of Dudley the Dragon. :rolleyes:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally, I wish the Pokémon roster for SSB4 would be: Pikachu, Meowth, Pokémon Trainer Gold, Deoxys, and Zoroark...

Instead of like this: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokémon Trainer Red, Mewtwo, and Lucario...

Because I want to play as brand-new Pokémon characters and I want the Pokémon roster to wow me instead of boring me with the same old Pokémon characters that I already played in Smash games. I want Sakurai to blow my mind away and make me hype for the Pokémon characters.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
If we were replacing Pokemon I would rather have Darkrai and/or Golurk.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think Pokemon Trainer should have certain advantages over other transforming characters like Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS.

For starters, since he is NOT on the battlefield, he doesn't have the enemy pressure like Zelda, for example.
Which means, PT should be able to switch Pokemon ANY time he wants. Including when:

-A pokemon is getting grabbed
-A pokemon is in the air
-A pokemon is getting infinite'd
-A pokemon is dizzy, asleep, stunned, frozen (even if when you bring him back he's still in this state)
-A pokemon catches the negative zone effects
-A pokemon is slowed down

It would at least indirectly improve him and his pokemon as a character overall, with the ability to transform out of ANY sticky situation.

AS for Pokemon Trainer replacement: I would only take Jesse and James with playable Meowth and support Arbok, Weezing and Wobbuffet.

Angiance

Smash Lord
If Mew were on the roster, I'd master Mew and be a Smash U Wi-Fi warrior; prolly won't happen, oh well-I can still drop heavy Pikachu comboes online (unless Sakurai made Pikachu bad in Smash U)

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think Pokemon Trainer should have certain advantages over other transforming characters like Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS.

For starters, since he is NOT on the battlefield, he doesn't have the enemy pressure like Zelda, for example.
Which means, PT should be able to switch Pokemon ANY time he wants. Including when:

-A pokemon is getting grabbed
-A pokemon is in the air
-A pokemon is getting infinite'd
-A pokemon is dizzy, asleep, stunned, frozen (even if when you bring him back he's still in this state)
-A pokemon catches the negative zone effects
-A pokemon is slowed down

It would at least indirectly improve him and his pokemon as a character overall, with the ability to transform out of ANY sticky situation.

AS for Pokemon Trainer replacement: I would only take Jesse and James with playable Meowth and support Arbok, Weezing and Wobbuffet.
I completely disagree with this. Although that's how it works in the anime, in the games switching out is more similar to Smash. That would make it pointless to use the negative stone, freeze, stun, etc against pokemon trainer.

If they want to make pokemon trainer better, all they need to do is take out stamina or make it longer. The effect of fatigue should be after 5 or 10 minutes.

Angiance

Smash Lord
Regarding PT: there is absolutely, no reason for fatigue; if a Pokemon is out, and gets KO'd, it should NOT auto-switch, the same Pokemon should just respawn like any other character. Those 2 things NEED fixing-also, being able to switch out of any situation wouldn't be balanced in any way.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I was referring to the item from Earthbound which turned you into a Dragon and deal massive damage to your enemies.
I know, but it still gives me that impression...

"Hey kid, wanna buy some dragonite, I'm telling you man, it turns you in to a fooking DRAGON"

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Snorlax moveset:

(Final Smash for Pokemon Trainer)

Snorlax is basically impossible to take down. Not much balancing would need to be done to him because he's SUPPOSED to be OP, as he would be a Final Smash (according to this moveset). Of course, it could just be limited to all 4 SPECIALS only, but just out of cortesy, I'm providing a full moveset.

A: Double slap
Atilt: Mega Punch
Adown: Mega Kick
Aup: Pursuit

Fsmash: Takedown
Usmash: Headbutt
Dsmash: Body Slam

B: Rollout (Like Jiggly's, only x3 stronger)
Btilt: Pound (Like Jiggly's, only x10 stronger)
Bdown: Rest (10x) ((this move ends the final Smash))
Bup: Smack Down (The Pokeball move from past SSBs) ((this move will tire out Snorlax, he'll use rest afterwards, ending the FS))

Snorlax has a time limit of 15 seconds to take down opponents. After that his time is up, he'll automatically use REST, and end the Final Smash.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's not even necessary for him to have a FULL moveset. The 4 Specials are more than enough, even if it makes him look like a giant Jigglypuff. Maybe he could have a few directional attacks. But his point would be to corner opponents and then use his UP+B or DOWN+B which are devastating.

Final Smash: None, (he IS the Final Smash)

((Super wishful thinking))

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Veterans: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer
Newcomers: Gen 6 Pokemon (that is like a lucario), Dedenne (Pikachu type character with fairy type moves, Maybe?)

No Mewtwo I don't see why Nintendo wants a melee only it abolishes the pattern it throw it off if a character is in those two games but not the one between (O-m,X-b,O-wu) a new form I feel is unnecessary to represent that is like if melee included every Pokemon that gained evolutions in gen. 2 or if brawl included every Pokemon that gained evolutions in gen. 4 so that is the same scenario with Mewtwo. The new form is higher stats and new ability so would that mean they would have to include every Pokemon because they got an ability. People justify Mewtwo returning just because of a new form but i feel that justification can get messy. I discredit Mewtwo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh damn, I always wanted Snorlax as a Jigglypuff semi-clone secretly.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
My roster has Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario and Meowth as the Pokémon characters. That's what I want and what I think is more likely to happen. But instead of Meowth we could have May with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken. Or Genesect. Or Zoroark. Or Victini. Or Eevee. Or some random Pokémon.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think the choices for Pokémon reps in Smash 4 are obvious as of now.
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokémon Trainer
Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom