• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon 2019 Press Conference Recap

Sleep.jpg

The Pokémon 2019 press conference yesterday contained many announcements for the business plan for Pokémon, including custom-tailored shirts, talks of Detective Pikachu’s box office reception, and more. Four big game announcements were held.

The first is a sequel to hit 3DS game Detective Pikachu and will be available on the Nintendo Switch, but sadly no release date has been announced yet. The only information we know about the plot is that it will pick up right after the first game’s cliffhanger.

The second game announced is a cloud-based service called Pokémon Home available for iOS and Android that’s expected to launch in early 2020. Pokémon Home expands beyond Pokémon Bank’s system for 3DS titles and extends to Pokémon Go and all Pokémon titles on the Nintendo Switch. Pokémon Home is expected to launch in early 2020.

Pokémon Sleep is the third title announced and will be available on iOS and Android. Pokémon Sleep will be an application that judges the amount of sleep you get for different interactions. It will work with a new Pokémon GO++ device that can be placed on the bed next to you and use sensors to help play Pokémon Sleep. Pokémon Sleep will launch in 2020.

The final game announced is Pokémon Masters, which will be available on iOS and Android in 2019. Game Freak and The Pokémon Company announced Pokémon Masters, with a teaser trailer and more gameplay being shown in the future. All we know currently is that many Pokémon trainers will be included.

For any interested in watching, the link is here.

Author’s Note: While it was a bit underwhelming for me,I’m glad to see E3 season finally begin. What did you think of this presentation? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

masters sounds good and home sounds useful, i did enjoy the first detective pikachu so ill probably get the second

Top Bottom