• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokeball update: Bonsly

T-major

Smash Champion
We knew about this guy from E4All...
but we didn't now WHAT he did... he was only in one video, and nobody knew how to use him... I remember that some people thought he used Self Destruct, because a bomb blew up near him as soon as he vanished, so it looked like he made the explosion.

so yeah. this is new, and also awesome. Bonsly FTW!!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You fail at making awesome titles.

That aside, this was an okay update; now we found out that Bonsly DOESN'T such, but is in fact a powerful item!

Rash

Smash Ace
At first I thought this update sucked, just because it was a Pokemon. However, reading on, it's really not too bad at all. The only Pokemon right now that can be thrown is Electrode, so I'm all for more Pokemon who can be tossed for high damage, especially Bonsly considering that he has short range.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Should of been a double update. Even if it's two lame updates then at least it's two. Here's to hoping something good in December. Christmas maybe?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Heh, I've just learned to not expect alot from updates, far less disappointment that way.

Smash Ace
I didn't know Bonsly was seen at E for all.
anyhoot, this beats Smash 101.
=2007=

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Bonsly would be evidence stating that the weight of items affect your movement, this is not proven. And yes the metal box was an item that affected your weight. Let's see if other items do so, i hope not.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
It's a little like electrode in the k.o department. But I wonder how much slower the characters will move when you pick it up. (Maybe as slow as when they pick up a box or barrel.)

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I think that this new pokemon is actaully really good. Its a weird pokemon that I'm assume anyone can pick up and its use is really balanced. You walk slower and you can't throw it far (which needs to be set for most items) and it packs a bigger punch.

And think about it this way: the likely hood that you'll get him is very rare. I mean, in one scenario you might have to pick up a barrel and throw that, out comes a pokeball. Then you have to throw that. Out comes Bonsly. Then you have to pick up him before anyone else does and hope that someone is stupid enough to be right next to you or come near you without using a ranged attack to disarm you.

tutter

Smash Apprentice
It is very cool that you can interact with the pokemon, but we need a shocker update soon.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Wait.. I thought Bonsly Exploded if you left him alone long enough. Thats what Bulbapedia says at least.

Any Pokémon update rules in my book. Those are the only items I use anyway. I really would have preferred to see Latios and Latias instead.

Good stuff though. I love Diddy's reaction to sending Bowser flying.

linkrulezz

Smash Cadet
i was realy hoping for a character update
no but wat came a bonsly -_-
PFFFF i realy hope they will do a good update on cristmas or on new jear

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
so if Bonsly's a rock pokemon...and only damages ppl when it gets thrown....so does this mean Pikachu and PT's (AKA Red) Pokemon can do Rock throw?????? O___o j/k

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Hey a disapointing update again? That's sure a surprise! :D
Well, this isn't the only dissapointing update I've seen. More new character updates!!
I'd complain...but it'd be redundant. So instead I'll say that I love Bonsly. I trained one in Pearl, and it was very useful until I got my shining little Lucario. And then I boxed it away, never to see the light of day again. Poor Bonsly...

i was realy hoping for a character update
no but wat came a bonsly -_-
PFFFF i realy hope they will do a good update on cristmas or on new jear
There is so much wrong with that post.

Top Bottom