• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If I played Ruby version, and caught every single Pokemon possible in game, had them all at least 10 levels above every Pokemon and trainer, (rounding, if a trainer has a lv.17 I would raise my Pokes to lv.20) and I would fully evolve them, (EX: Get Ralts, evolve to Gardevoir, not get Ralts raise to lv.**, get Ralts and evolve it to Kirlia lv.**, Gardevoir lv.**...) how long would it take until I would get to the Elite Four?

I'm doing this, I've found 2 shinies, have 60 hours, and I'm at Dewford town with the goal to have all level 30's until I leave. (2nd badge) Also, how would this effect my Pokemon's EV's? I am assuming they would be totally messed up, since I fight only Pokemon in one area and then move on. (EX: In a cave from lv.25 to lv.30) Just want to get an idea of what this is going to look like if I ever get to the E4.

This is a serious question. :ohwell:

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
When you win a badge, the Gym Leader sometimes says, "This badge raises the Attack power of your Pokemon"

or another stat like Defense. What does that mean?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
After receiving the badge, all of your Pokemon's stats raise 12.5% of its original in the stat specified.
Wait? So, if I trade a perfectly EV'd team from Diamond into a new save file of Pearl, beat all the Gyms for stat bonuses, start over Diamond, trade the Pokes back, and repeat... will I get godly Pokemanz?

yes

Smash Rookie
NNID
smokio
3DS FC
0989-1886-7815
Hey all. I am now only ten Pokemon away from completing the 4th gen Pokedex, and I need some help with the last few. If anyone has any of the following and is willing to trade, please make an offer. I have most anything available to trade.

Lugia
Celebi
Nosepass
Gliscor
Probopass
Darkrai

I also need to trade and evolve my Slowpoke and Clamperl (into Slowking and Gorebyss respectively). I have the necessary hold items and pokemon, and just need someone with whom I can trade. If you also need these two, then we can work out a deal that works for both of us.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Hey all. I am now only ten Pokemon away from completing the 4th gen Pokedex, and I need some help with the last few. If anyone has any of the following and is willing to trade, please make an offer. I have most anything available to trade.

Lugia
Celebi
Nosepass
Gliscor
Probopass
Darkrai

I also need to trade and evolve my Slowpoke and Clamperl (into Slowking and Gorebyss respectively). I have the necessary hold items and pokemon, and just need someone with whom I can trade. If you also need these two, then we can work out a deal that works for both of us.

i have a *hacked* darkrai that a friend gave me.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Ok. Also, how can I find out my rank?
In order to figure out anyone's rating, type in /record *insert username here* in the chat box.

For you, it'd be KrazyGlue, of course. I occasionally do this during ladder matches to figure out if I should be proud of my win or not. :)

Oh, and the rating system is more or less a range in which you should be placed. The range gets smaller and smaller with every match you play. The thing called validity also helps with the ranking as well. Validity starts at .06 and goes down or up (although I've never seen anyone's above .06, so it may not go up) depending on how often you participate in the ladder and how consistent your rating stays. If you have a low validity, it usually means that you either battle very often or you're extremely consistent in your win/lose streak. Or both. More often than not, it's probably both. So basically, your validity tells you how accurate your rating is. Hope that helps. I can't tell you what the conservative rating estimate is, though. I never really figured that out.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if I asked this before but how can I be sure if my Wurmple will evolve into Silcoon or not? Does it depend on nature, or is it random...

Could I keep restarting the game before evolution and hope that one restart it'll be silcoon?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
For some reason, shoddy worked twice and when I recently closed it and tried to reopen it, it didn't work. It gives me the "java starting" message, then this "Unable to run the application" window pops up. When I click on details, it says at the top that there an "unexpected" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. Has anyone had this error, or know how to fix it?

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
First off, when a pokemon levels up in the nursery, will it be a rare candy-like lvl up where EVs are ignored, or a normal Pokemon Battle Lvl up, where evs aren't ignored.

2nd. What kind of Blissey would go best with an all out attacking Porygon-z and Metagross, standard wall hipowdon, Trick room dusknoir, and Lead Yanmega?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
First off, when a pokemon levels up in the nursery, will it be a rare candy-like lvl up where EVs are ignored, or a normal Pokemon Battle Lvl up, where evs aren't ignored.

2nd. What kind of Blissey would go best with an all out attacking Porygon-z and Metagross, standard wall hipowdon, Trick room dusknoir, and Lead Yanmega?
1. I think EVs that you already had effect it, but it doesn't get new ones.
2. Probably a defensive set (ex. Aromatherapy, Softboiled, Toxic, Seismic Toss). Post your team in the Rate My Team section if you want it reviewed.

For some reason, shoddy worked twice and when I recently closed it and tried to reopen it, it didn't work. It gives me the "java starting" message, then this "Unable to run the application" window pops up. When I click on details, it says at the top that there an "unexpected" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. Has anyone had this error, or know how to fix it?
Lol never mind, I restarted my computer and it works now.:)

Okay, so I'm trying to catch Raikou in LeafGreen, but unfortunately, I used my masterball on Mewtwo. How am I supposed to catch this mofo? He's got ROAR dammit!
Yeah, false swipe, ultra balls, and thunder wave. You can also try timer balls. If you don't like roar use 6 pokemon that are the same OR use taunt.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just to note, in a wild Pokemon battle, Roar ends the battle...that's the problem with it.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Okay, so I'm trying to catch Raikou in LeafGreen, but unfortunately, I used my masterball on Mewtwo. How am I supposed to catch this mofo? He's got ROAR dammit!
You could always use taunt like KrazyGlue said, but the problem with that is that the taunt will go away eventually, and you'll have to keep on laying it out. Another option, which I recommend, is to train a Pokemon that can learn both imprison and roar. And luckily for you, there is one! :) Vulpix learns roar at lvl 9 and then imprison at lvl 25. After you get what all moves you want for it, just evolve it and train it high enough so that it can both outrun Raikou and survive quite a few of its attacks, and you're all set.

Zerxion

Smash Apprentice
How does evolution play into pokemon stats?

Let's say I want a good Blissey. Should I hatch it as a Chansey or a Happiny? Are there any prime times to evolve them? Should I try to evolve them asap, or does it matter as long as it's in the final stage before lvl 100?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
You could always use taunt like KrazyGlue said, but the problem with that is that the taunt will go away eventually, and you'll have to keep on laying it out. Another option, which I recommend, is to train a Pokemon that can learn both imprison and roar. And luckily for you, there is one! :) Vulpix learns roar at lvl 9 and then imprison at lvl 25. After you get what all moves you want for it, just evolve it and train it high enough so that it can both outrun Raikou and survive quite a few of its attacks, and you're all set.
You all forget that Raikou runs away after the first turn. If Raikou uses roar, you can still catch it, you just have to find it again, (I'm 95% certain of this).
Seriously, the best suggestion I can think of is False Swipe, Thunder Wave, and lots and lots Ultra Balls. Either that or trade over another Master Ball. It's a freaking legendary, who ever said that any of them, whose names aren't Palkia or Dialga, would be easy to catch?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
You all forget that Raikou runs away after the first turn. If Raikou uses roar, you can still catch it, you just have to find it again, (I'm 95% certain of this).
Seriously, the best suggestion I can think of is False Swipe, Thunder Wave, and lots and lots Ultra Balls. Either that or trade over another Master Ball. It's a freaking legendary, who ever said that any of them, whose names aren't Palkia or Dialga, would be easy to catch?
Oh yeah...I did forget about that. Thanks for reminding me. :\

who's the best counter to a sleep talking suicune?
I really can't think of much, but there's obviously always using a thunder-type. The other option is to probably just predict when it'll rest so it can sleep talk and use ATK buffer moves when it does. That way you can put some more oomph in your attacks and possibly kill it before it's able to rest again. I'd still recommend the first, though. Just use Jolteon or something.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Does anyone have a list of Japanese to English/English to Japanese translations of natures? I'm trying to find the natures of my Pokemon in Platinum. (which is conveniantly a Japanese copy)

Niiro

Smash Ace
Okay, this is an opinion question:
What set is better for Gallade, Sub-punch, normal SD, Bulk up drain, Choice Band, Choice Scarf, for a team that are Kingdra, Vaporeon, Metagross, Heracross, and Porygon-z

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
If I taunt, it will merely run away. If I imprison, it will still run away (this is leafgreen, btw, so hopefully those attacks existed by the time this game was released). If I try mean look or arena trap it will roar me and the battle ends. I'm not sure, but it might regenerate health if it succeeds in escaping. Even if this weren't true, it takes 30 minutes-an hour to find him. I'd have to find it about 2-3 times just to get it down to a catchable condition, then I'd get to throw one ultra ball at it every time I see it?!?! Yeah.... no. I'm getting a lot of stupid advice.

Is there anything that can learn both mean look/arena trap and taunt? Does taunt even exist in leafgreen?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
He's got ROAR dammit!
This is what's keeping me from giving better advice ;_;... There are no Pokemon that can learn taunt and have an ability that keeps the other Pokemon from switching. You could always use mean look or have a Pokemon with the ability and hope that it doesn't use Roar right away. BTW, most if not all Pokemon capable of using Mean Look can learn taunt as well so...
Also, you kinda ****ed yourself when you used your master ball, so don't complain about stupid advice; you already used your smart option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom