• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's alright.
Yeah, if you don't mind...but do you also happen to have a Mudkip? O_o Just wondering.

It's...Eastern Daylight Time i think over here. Also, i can go on right now if you can.

Mewter

Smash Master
Yeah. :) I've got a Swampert.
Although it will take time to breed them, but that's not a problem.
Maybe tomorrow?

D

Deleted member

Ah, okay thanks! :bee:

Just VM/PM me your code and tell me when you're ready.:)

highfive

Smash Lord
Question:
I've been dabbling in a generation II Crystal game I dug up, and I want to know a good moveset for Skarmory. I personally want to deck it out with:
Curse
Drill Peck
Sandstorm
Agility

but want to get the best moveset out there. Any suggestions?

highfive

Smash Lord
Thanks. I'm just goofing off with the game until I can get Platinum (haven't owned a pokemon game since Gen II) What about:

Meganium @ Bright Powder
Giga Drain
Double Team
Razor Leaf
Reflect

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Giga Drain is an lol move and Double Team is banned.

Meganium @ Leftovers
~ Razor Leaf
~ Reflect / Light Screen
~ Leech Seed
~ Synthesis

Requires egg move breeding. Smogon Copypasta ftw.

highfive

Smash Lord
Really? Clause right?

Synthesis from Victreebell right? or was it Vileplume?

So who is the best starter for Platinum in your opinion?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Actually, it's Leech Seed from Hoppip, Sunkern, Tangela, or Exeggcute lines. Chikorita learns Synthesis at lv. 12.

IMO, Chimchar, but I've always gone with the fire starter, so it's complete and utter bias.

highfive

Smash Lord
Err. yeah. I Forgot. I normally don't put self healing moves on in game pokemon.
What features does platinum have for trading that the others don't?
I heard a few things but can't get my facts right.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Err. yeah. I Forgot. I normally don't put self healing moves on in game pokemon.
What features does platinum have for trading that the others don't?
I heard a few things but can't get my facts right.
Platinum has this new feature called spin trade. Basically, you and some IRL friends get together with eggs and the game randomly exchanges them. There's also a minigame involved where if you receive the egg that landed in the bonus area, you get a berry. Not sure if anything else is different from D/P.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Platinum has this new feature called spin trade. Basically, you and some IRL friends get together with eggs and the game randomly exchanges them. There's also a minigame involved where if you receive the egg that landed in the bonus area, you get a berry. Not sure if anything else is different from D/P.
im pretty sure thats the only new trading feature. though i have all 3 i dont often use the trade features just the original, basic one (maybe the GTS)

highfive

Smash Lord
sounds cool. What about the Battle Frontier? what's that all about?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
The Battle Frontier is a facility where only the best trainers are allowed hone their skills. [/corny game-like description]
Basically, there are 5 buildings (in the Platinum version; Emerald has 7) each with different rules where you can test your battling skills. Pokemon will be brought to lv. 50 for the battles. Wins get you a currency called Battle Points (BP) which you can use to buy certain TMs or items. Win enough times in a row in a building, and you'll be able to face a Frontier Brain, they're like Gym Leaders but much tougher.

Battle Tower: Just the basic 3 vs. 3 (4 vs. 4 if double). No gimmicks or anything. Try to beat all 7 trainers in a row. Your Pokemon will be healed after each battle.

Batttle Factory: Another basic 3 vs. 3 (4 vs. 4 if double). However, the only Pokemon you're allowed to use are the rental ones they provide for you. After each battle, you get a hint about your next opoonent and then you get the option of switching one of your rental Pokemon with one of the opponents. Try to beat all 7 trainers in a row.

Battle Arcade: Another 3 vs. 3 (4 vs. 4 if double). However, before each battle, a giant game board appears and will determine what effects will happen in the battle. It randomly land on different colored spaces; Black affects the battle on your side, red on the opponents, gray affects both. The effects include status ailments, weather changes, level changes, berries and more. Try to beat all 7 trainers in a row.

Battle Castle: Another 3 vs. 3 (4 vs. 4 if double). Unlike the others, your Pokemon don't get automatically healed after each battle. However, before your first battle, you will receive a type of currency called Castle Points (CP... Yes, CP hur hur dur). You can use these to heal your Pokemon's HP, PP, both, or buy items for use inside the Battle Castle, such as berries. You can also see their opponents' Pokemon and even increase or decrease their levels by five. You gain more CP (hur hur) by defeating other trainers. Try to beat all 7 trainers in a row.

Battle Hall: You enter one kind of Pokemon and can only use that Pokemon for the whole thing (or else your streak resets). All battles are 1 vs. 1 (2 vs. 2 if double). You can choose what type of Pokemon you want to face though. However, face that type too many times and they will increase in level. Try to beat all 10 trainers in a row.

I tried to tl;dr.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Dragons have nice, broad movepools to make up for the fact that their STAB attacks only hit other Dragon's super-effectively.

Grass and Psychic are probably the worst types you could choose. Like Exeguttor.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Is knock off useful? Also who would be a good knock off candidate. Right now I am trying out mespirit.

What is a good endgame UU sweeper? I made a status team and I need a good clean up pokemon.

Is knock off useful? Also who would be a good knock off candidate. Right now I am trying out mespirit.

What is a good endgame UU sweeper? I made a status team and I need a good clean up pokemon.
knock off has its pros and cons but I find it useful to get rid of certain walls' leftovers and other annoying items. Tentacruel is a good user of knock off and I would think you made a good choice. The major con being that it does insignificant damage to basically everything and you might accidentally knock off a choice item at the wrong time.

Hitmonlee and scyther are good UU choices for physical sweepers.

D13

Smash Ace

Knock off is a very good support move. I'd say use it.

As for sweepers, Suuwo's suggestions are good. Drapion, Toxicroak, and Sceptile are also decent SD users.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
This has probably already been asked somewhere in this massive thread, but is using an Action Replay to get 999 rare candies in D/P/Plat dangerous to your game or system? I have no interest in using any other cheats at all, and all the pokemon I want to use are all fully EV trained and I don't have the time to train each one by hand.

Thanx 4 da' help :)

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Fly on Pikachu is a Gen III only event move. Since migrating requires HMs to be deleted, it would only be legal in Gen III tournies. Besides, Fly is a gay move. Gives the opponent a free turn to switch in a counter and it isn't all that powerful anyway.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Im playing Ruby and was wondering If Pika would be a good electric type to get. Shuld I keep him Pika or is raichu better?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Im playing Ruby and was wondering If Pika would be a good electric type to get. Shuld I keep him Pika or is raichu better?
Do you have a light ball?

Personally I prefer Electivire or Magnezone...But neither of them are in Ruby

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Would it be better to keep it a Pika or let it evolve, assuming i have the light ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom