• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Stadium, Part Deux

vinternet

Smash Cadet
Some people have kind of said this but I want to lay it all out. I'm not saying this is a definite or anything, just keep an open mind:

From Smash to Melee we got an increase of 20 stages (from 9 to 29, not including 1P mode stages). In this there were three Past Stages that were accurate remakes of original N64 stages. There were also a few new stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, the new Dreamland, Mushroom Kingdom, Yoshi's Story, Zebes, and Corneria that shared common themes or design with an old N64 stage. This made sense - some stages were improved upon and made "new again" while others (the 3 Past Stages) were brought over quickly as retros. The only inclusions that might be considered "strange" would be like Dream Land, because of its similar look and the Whispy Woods in the background, etc.

Here's the point: so far, 14 stages have been shown for Brawl. 3 of them are very similar in motif and/or design to older stages (not counting Rumble Falls=Icicle Mountain or Mario Circuit = Mute City). Battlefield is visually changed but is a very similar stage, Yoshi's Island is a new stage design with new elements but shares a visual style, and now Pokemon Stadium 2 seems to be the same thing as Pokemon Stadium 1.

The point here is - they wouldn't bother differentiating 2 from 1 unless 1 and 2 were on the same Disc, just as they didn't differentiate any of the aforementioned similar stages. Extrapolating on this, it can be guessed that Pokemon Stadium 1 will be included as a returning stage in Brawl. Extrapolating further, it can be assumed that if only a few past stages were to be included, they would be chosen for their uniqueness, and since Pokemon Stadiums 1 and 2 are so similar, Pokemon Stadium 1 could not possibly be one of only a FEW Past Stages included.

Therefore (and these are all big assumptions, I know I could fully well be wrong) it can be guessed that there are MANY stages making a return in Brawl from Smash and Melee.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
So far I see 2 pokemon in each stage Cubone and dugtrio excluding omanyte fossil its a fossil not a pokemon in the ground stage skarmory and drifloon in sky stage anything in ice stage???

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I took a 30 minute nap and now this thread is completely over-run by two people spamming and double-posting like crazy, half of the time completely off-topic and talking to no one but each other.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
shadenexus18 not you what is that small screen in ice stage???
Hold on, you're going to have to improve your grammar because I didn't understand most of your post. And I don't know what that thing is. One things for sure though, it's gotta be a pokemon.

And you called me an idiot for accidently saying that 4th generation pokemon should be an assist character or what have you. Get outta my face!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
It irritates me grrr I think (emphaisis on think)I see a camera on the crowd thus the little dots that are colored.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I said no offense, everyone is so emotional anyways don't criticize me I think I see walrein or sealeo in the ice of the ice stage the whiskers in the ice next to wario's hand.

Wii Wanderer

Smash Cadet
n00b*

What is Fox's FS? Any ideas? I think he should.....

Fox grabs the Smash ball and calls out his squadron who fly down and Fox jumps on an Arwing and they all shoot super missiles at once at the stage then Fox jumps off and does his up Special but Super since he has the SB and sets the stage ablaze for 5 seconds.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I said no offense, everyone is so emotional anyways don't criticize me I think I see walrein or sealeo in the ice of the ice stage the whiskers in the ice next to wario's hand.
really hard to see...oh well we'll see when i comes....out...*prays that it come out for Japan first*

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
n00b*

What is Fox's FS? Any ideas? I think he should.....

Fox grabs the Smash ball and calls out his squadron who fly down and Fox jumps on an Arwing and they all shoot super missiles at once at the stage then Fox jumps off and does his up Special but Super since he has the SB and sets the stage ablaze for 5 seconds.

Whoa this thread is about pokemon stadium 2 not fox I like fox and all, but that is considered spamming .

Wii Wanderer

Smash Cadet
My Ideas for Foxs Fs is amazing, isn't it?! You know it is. Next week will be the character Ryu (From Street Fighter) and Meta's Stage, The Halberd. :)

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
You can get reported if you get off topic in a forum then banned also what is the shadow overlooking pikachu and kirby???Ice stage is the most mysterious one so far.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I'd say this takes the spot of Smashville as my favorite stage so far. I just love the details of the background, and the Pokemon appearences add a nice touch. The ice and wind themes look like some pretty sweet gameplay changes too. Can't wait to see what Electric is like =). I love how Sakurai always leaves some mystery to every stage he updates.

Top Bottom