• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team is coming to NSO + Expansion Pack

PMDRescue.jpg

Nintendo has just announced that Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team will be coming to the Game Boy Advance catalog of the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion pack. You can watch the trailer below.

Originally released in North America in 2006, Red Rescue Team has you and a partner exploring dungeons as you take jobs from a bulletin board. The player is a human who turns into a Pokémon without any memory of their previous life, and they become intertwined in a recent string of natural disasters. The game also received a Switch remake back in 2020.

Red Rescue Team will release on NSO on August 9th as part of the Expansion Pack’s GBA offerings.

Author’s Note: Well, this was an unexpected surprise. Think this means we’ll eventually get the mainline Pokémon games on NSO? As always, let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Perkilator Perkilator
Editing: @Sari
Thumbnail Graphic: Zerp Zerp

Nicholas “Perkilator” Perkins

Comments

Wait... they already released a full remake of this a few years back.

Not holding my breath, but I'm hoping that means they can also remaster the 3DS remakes of the N64 Zeldas + Star Fox 64 on the next console.

Crazy how we have two different PMD games on the Switch now, but both are actually the same game lol. Anyway, I'm convinced someone at TPC interacts with the PMD community because what are the odds of it being announced right before Mystery Dungeon day? Absolutely no way they didn't do that on purpose.

I was wondering why it was just Red Team and not Blue, and then I remembered this was that weird game where they put one version on GBA and the other on DS.

Speaking of which where's my DS Switch Online, Nintendo?

Last edited:
I was wondering why it was just Red Team and not Blue, and then I remembered this was that weird game where they put one version on GBA and the other on DS.

Speaking of which where's my DS Switch Online, Nintendo?
You'll have to wait until they get the dual-screen peripheral ready for the next console.

Wait... they already released a full remake of this a few years back.

Not holding my breath, but I'm hoping that means they can also remaster the 3DS remakes of the N64 Zeldas + Star Fox 64 on the next console.
OoT and MM 3D were landmark games for my childhood which is why I feel robbed that I can't play them outside of their original hardware.

If the remasters happen (which I think is possible given the LM2 remaster) it'll be the one time I won't complain about buying $60 old games from Nintendo.

Top Bottom