• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
http://pokebeach.com/2012/02/pokemon-black-2-pokemon-white-2-announced-on-pokemon-smash

Junichi Masuda just appeared on Pokemon Smash and announced Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2, the sequels of Black and White. Both games will be released for the Nintendo DS in June 2012 but will apparently sport additional DSi and 3DS features. The game mascots will apparently be the two new formes of Kyurem that were shown in the movie poster earlier. They seem to be some sort of combination of Kyurem and Reshiram (Ice / Fire?) and Kyurem and Zekrom (Ice / Electric?). Their names, Masuda promised, will be revealed later.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Black_and_White_2_revealed_on_Pokémon_Smash!

In another rare personal appearance on Pokémon Smash!, Game Freak director Junichi Masuda has announced that Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 are in development, and will be released in Japan in June for the Nintendo DS. The games were also announced on the official Japanese and international websites.

New formes were also revealed, but as of right now, it is difficult to determine whether they are of Kyurem or Reshiram and Zekrom. The Kyurem/Zekrom forme will be the mascot of Black 2, while the Kyurem/Reshiram forme will be the mascot for White 2, in contrast to the original Pokémon Black and White.

If these games are direct sequels of Black and White, as the title would suggest, they would be the first direct sequels in the Pokémon main series.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looks like Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem DNA Digivolved. :p

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I must admit, these make me like Kyurem even more now!

People have been nicknaming them Kyurom and Kyuram (KYUrem + zekROM and KYUrem + reshiRAM respectively), though I prefer the names Kyurem-Z and Kyurem-R personally. Seems more like something Game Freak and Nintendo would do, given how the forme names have been previously.

Speculations also include Ice/Electric for Kyurom and Ice/Fire for Kyuram, which seems understandable, but I'm not entirely sure if they'll do that. They more likely than not will probably stay Ice/Dragon, and just be able to learn Freeze Shock and Freeze Flame or whatever those two attacks are called that were never used.

Personally, Kyurem-Z (Kyurom/the one that's gray and black mostly) looks like a strange gargoyle being, while Kyurem-R (Kyuram/the one that's gray and white) looks like it's got a strange feminine-esque body, due to the slenderness of it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I TOLD YOU MOTHER ****ERS THE B/W SEQUEL WOULD BE A NINTENDO DS RELEASE AND NOT A 3DS ONE! Everyone who called me crazy and said I was wrong can kiss my ***.

/rant

BTW the new Kyurem forms look terrible IMO.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Well it's pretty obvious they'd release the games over here as well, but we don't have a release date, while Japan only has a rough estimated one (June 2012). I still can't wait though, personally, seeing as I've been a fan of the games since Red and Blue first came out.

D

Deleted member

Now it's just a matter of whether these are the "Gray" version or direct sequels.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
They're so cute!!!!!!!11

It's like some teleporter machine mishap.
Also, wanting a sequel here.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Oh, release date is June 2nd, 2012 for Japan.

The names for the Kyurem forms (according to Pokebeach) are "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem".

... What original names. --;

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The names for the Kyurem forms (according to Pokebeach) are "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem".

... What original names. --;
They look more like Zekrom and Reshiram then Kyurem...

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Looks like a bad fan sprite mixture, the color palette doesn't mix, they should've reworked rather than splice pieces together

:phone:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This may be an early indication that Game Freak has officially ran out of good ideas as far as original Pokemon are concerned.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
They look more like Zekrom and Reshiram then Kyurem...
That's true, but there's lore behind Kyurem that states Reshiram and Zekrom were once one Pokemon, and when they became two, Kyurem was basically the shedded scales of the one whole dragon.

Personally, I think that's a pretty nifty concept, though I'd rather have had Kyurem's alt forme be that one and not these two. Now that Nintendo's shifted stuff around, maybe they'll make Pokemon Gray be the third game, while Black 2 and White 2 will essentially just be literal sequels of the first ones.

Best money-making scheme if I've ever seen it.

As Fry would say:
Shut up and take my money!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Initial reaction: Wait, am I reading this right? B/W2? o.o

The Pokemon look kinda ..... bad... though. :|

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Ugliest Pokemon to date?

They do look kinda weird, but I'm hyped for .... ugh...."black and white 2" as much as I hate to say it. I hope they consider a namechange. Black and White 2 sounds really dumb to me. My personal opinion says these pokemon are ugly as hell, honestly. They look like (pardon my rough comparison) a couple feraligatrs mixed with.. uh.... some things to make them really ugly...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since they are forms of Kyurem, I can assure everyone this IS the "grey version" of this generation.

Now that I know they are forms of Kyurem, I feel a little better about them. Kyurem was the orignal dragon that Reshiram and Zekrom broke from.

In other words, Reshiram and Zekrom are Piccolo Daimato and Kami

TL?

Smash Ace
This is cool. A full sequel instead of an update? Sounds great and it's still on the regular DS so I can play it. lol

Tacket

The Innovator
I'd much rather have Grey than two new games, but beggars can't be choosers.

I'm just happy the I'll be able to immediately trade an egg from my tourney winning Shuckle over to the game, so it can be my starter instead of one of the trio. I already have all three in my team of 120+ on Black.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe this will get me back into pokemon.

This gen just can't keep my attention like the last

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
And this is what happens when I go to bed really ****ing early one day.

I miss the initial minutes of an announcement

Whatevs

Life

Smash Hero
My first thought: Oh cool.

My second thought: STAB BOLTBEAM

They're kind of ugly, but then, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Other than the hideous looking fusions I actually like the idea of a "sequel" for B/W... Assuming B/W#2 implies a sequel. It's something new I guess.

Top Bottom