• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Battle Revolution

Sandy

Smash Champion

Pokémon Battle Revolution (ポケモンバトルレボリューション, Pokemon Batoru Reboryūshon?) is the first Pokémon game on Nintendo's Wii home console. It is also the first Wii game to use the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and also to wirelessly connect to the Nintendo DS handheld. It was released in Japan two weeks after the Wii launch, and will be released for other regions in 2007. The US release date for the American version was revealed in a Nintendo press conference to be June 25, 2007.

Pokémon Battle Revolution features 10 different colosseums in a new land named Pokétopia. Other announced features include stadiums that have their own special effects, such as randomizing the order of one's Pokémon.

A double battle: Dialga and Palkia against Kyogre and Groudon.

Players can fully customize their trainer to use on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Players can customize their characters with hats, shirts, glasses, and other items. Minigames, which appeared in the N64 Stadium games, are absent from this game. A trainer can choose 6 Pokémon and get a Battle Pass; however, if Pokémon Diamond or Pearl is connected, a player can upload their trained Pokémon and get an Original Pass.

In the game, Pokémon can actually strike at the opponent physically while both Pokémon are rendered on the screen, instead of seeing one Pokémon attacking and then cutting away to the second getting hit by the attack as in previous titles. However, it's assumed that the same style of gameplay as the older games will be used for slower Pokémon and/or moves to keep the pace of gameplay up. When an attack that strikes both opposing Pokémon is performed, it hits both of them on screen simultaneously, instead of showing it as the attack striking one Pokémon first then the second Pokemon next. The game features destructible environments. The game also features a 100 trainer battle when it's completed for the first time.

The game features ten different colosseums, each with special changes to normal play or prerequisites and a Colosseum Leader. 6 out of the 10 Colosseum Leaders wear Pokémon costumes; for example, Marin of the Water Colosseum wears a Kyogre costume. Also, the Crystal Colosseum can hold up to 16 players, the battles are done in a 16 person tournment mode. Only the Gate Colosseum is open to a rental pass holder. As the player progresses, the pokemon available to rent become more powerful. The models for the pokemon are new and are re-used as were the models for the gamecube titles.

Battle Revolution is the first Wii and Pokémon home console title to go online. It uses its own 12-digit friend code, separate from the Wii's code. This has received widespread controversy, because the use of a Wii Number was believed to eliminate the need to have a friend code for each online game, as with DS Wi-Fi games.

The game was first announced by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata at a Nintendo marketing event in Japan on June 7, 2006. At the event, Iwata described Wii-to-DS connectivity using the game as an example, stating that gamers with either Pokémon Diamond or Pearl can play battles using their Diamond or Pearl Pokémon to Pokémon Battle Revolution using their DS as a controller

The DS linkup feature was demoed at 2006 Nintendo World Tour for the first time. As well as allowing Pokémon from a Pokémon Diamond or Pearl cartridge to be used in-game, it replaces the on-screen battle menu, normally used in conjunction with the Wii Remote. However the Gamecube controller is also compatible with this game similarly to how it was used in Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD. The battle menu is displayed on the DS touchscreen instead, and is navigated with the stylus. Up to eight players can play in a 1 on 1 tournament, much like the Battle Frontier Battle Dome in Pokémon Emerald.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I have heard of this game , but never the release date. This looks to be a game with amazing graphics. I can't wait, since I was always a Pokemon fan. Anyway, thanks for posting this:chuckle:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
In the game, Pokémon can actually strike at the opponent physically while both Pokémon are rendered on the screen, instead of seeing one Pokémon attacking and then cutting away to the second getting hit by the attack as in previous titles.

When an attack that strikes both opposing Pokémon is performed, it hits both of them on screen simultaneously, instead of showing it as the attack striking one Pokémon first then the second Pokemon next.

The game features destructible environments.

Best parts.

Sandy

Smash Champion
(PLEASE MOVE THIS TO POKE CENTER)

Pokémon Battle Revolution has received a score of 5.0 out of 10 from IGN. IGN cites that the game omits several features demonstrated in previous games such as Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Colosseum, stating that the game lacks a role-playing mode. The multiplayer and online functionality of the game is also criticised for lacking functions such as tournament play. The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection feature for this title is also criticised for frequently giving off error messages.

~rh

Smash Lord
I bought this Thursday and it's still in my car xD

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Even though I like pokemon. This game really does suck. I wont buy it off the shelf from a store, I'd just get mine used or from ebay. Because its definitly not worth $50, and Im not going to buy a crappy game like this, to encourage the makers to keep on making more crappy pokemon games like this. If they want my money, they will have to make it a good game at least.
I'd suggest you guys should buy it used or online so nintendo wont get much money from this crappy game and so that you can save your money. This game should cost $30 at most... definitly not $50.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Right, maybe, in the future, they'll make a XD-Like Game which allows you to go throughout each region... maybe but his game should've at least allowed you to walk around a little instead of using that menu. Overall an 6.9/10 If you just began the game but 7/10 when you've played through, this game gets better over time.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I played it tonight finally, kinda disappointed... to me at least it kinda just seemed like a PokeBox kinda thing: Transfer your pokemon to a different system and play them on there. Why waste money just to see your team in 3-d? With the exception of custom trainer options, you can pretty much do everything on D/P as on this one.

To easily sum it up, Battle Tower = basic "plot" of game (I find the BT boring anyway, so that isn't so great). If you like pitting your team in the Tower, or liked the classic system of Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, you'll probably have a decent time with this game. Need a plot in your games? Leave it on the shelf, save your money, buy some ice cream. Oh, one last thing...

There's still the ever-annoying friend codes to deal with.

Last word: If you like Pokemon in general, rent it. If you like real games with a storyline, get something else. I give it a 6/10 at best :(

Patinator

Smash Champion
I'm not even sure the graphics are incredibly impressive. I can understand, since it seems to be cel-shaded. But COME ON! From my perspective (Which is HD, mind you XD), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for GCN has slightly superior graphics, although a comparison between serious and cartoony can't really be made.

Plus, the game can be really frustrating at times. Ten times to get through Neon Colosseum!!!

But I don't think any less than 6.5 is its value. I'd be more towards 6.8/6.75. It's definately no Mario Galaxy, although that remains to be mine.

Top Bottom