• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Ancestral Tree

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
How is Magmar/Magmotar a Grounded/Aquatic Bird?
Well if you see here in Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magmar_(Pokemon), it clearly states that it seems to be a combination of a booby or duck and a mythical salamander... seeing as ducks spend most of their time on land (I don't think I've ever actually seen one fly, except on TV and movies) they could be grounded, as for aquatic considering its a fire type.... yeah I don't know where we're heading with that.

Also, just noticed, but doesn't anybody think that Magmar also looks like a bit like a Flamenco dancer? I mean look at the spikes on its arms, it looks like one of them ruffled sleeve shirts that they put on... maybe it could have some sort of connection with the humonoid group of Pokemon maybe?

Also, Ditto is genderless... maybe he doesn't necessarily turn into the Pokemon itself, but more like a machine that enables the Pokemon to put the eggs, even if it IS not able to breed with others of its kind (I used the machine example because I couldn't think of anything better to use an analogy for)

Thunda-Moo

Smash Apprentice
I lifeguard at a lake, so I can accurately say that ducks fly a ton, swim a ton, and are almost never on land. Geese spend time on land, but almost never ducks. So it still doesn't make sense.

I got it! Maybe ditto transforms into a Pokemon egg and then uses asexual reproduction on itself!

But probably not. I don't think we'll ever understand how Pokemon mate. My guess is that the make eggs the same way they make fire, bubbles, and magical leaves. Breeding is like a helping-hand style double battle attack. Don't think too much about that.

Oh, and mew came a ways after Arceus, not at the same time. Mew couldn't be around before time and space were created.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well lets think Mew like this:

Arceus made 3 Pokemon: Giratina, Dialga, Palkia. They each have their own realms however. So maybe Arceus made Mew for our realm, which promptly started having its own eggs (maybe asexual) or Mew was somehow made by a chemical reaction due to extreme heat and dust, gases, etc. that was in the new universe at the time...

It's kinda hard to explain, but that's my opinion on the whole "Who came first? Mew or Arceus."

So on the tiers I believe you should put Mew AFTER Arceus, not beside Arceus. Hell, while you do that, why don't you put Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga besides Arceus too since they were created at the same time too

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Well if you see here in Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magmar_(Pokemon), it clearly states that it seems to be a combination of a booby or duck and a mythical salamander... seeing as ducks spend most of their time on land (I don't think I've ever actually seen one fly, except on TV and movies) they could be grounded, as for aquatic considering its a fire type.... yeah I don't know where we're heading with that.

Also, just noticed, but doesn't anybody think that Magmar also looks like a bit like a Flamenco dancer? I mean look at the spikes on its arms, it looks like one of them ruffled sleeve shirts that they put on... maybe it could have some sort of connection with the humonoid group of Pokemon maybe?

Also, Ditto is genderless... maybe he doesn't necessarily turn into the Pokemon itself, but more like a machine that enables the Pokemon to put the eggs, even if it IS not able to breed with others of its kind (I used the machine example because I couldn't think of anything better to use an analogy for)
hehe...you said booby....

Spire

III
BRoomer
I never finished my diagram, but I'll upload what I have so far later tonight. I can't say that I ever will finish it, so maybe someone else will pick up on the system.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
As long as I know what your knew idea/diagram/grouping system is I'd be glad to help you out.

Although you'd have to edit it into the OP, haha.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Probably got accidentally moved here and never moved back

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well this could be researcher-ish. I mean this IS studying the family tree of the whole pokemon world. This could qualify as us researching this topic...

Anyways, I'd like to carry on as well or at least take part of continuing the diagram...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Then again, the Pokémon Research is about the 'serious business' aspect of Pokémon. This clearly doesn't fit here.
This is serious research as far as Pokémon goes in terms of what can be taken seriously with a franchise about catching and battling cartoon monsters.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I fully support this and I still don't understand why its here.

Its no more beyond normal play than most the other topics in the PC

Spire

III
BRoomer
For the record, I don't recall moving it. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. I honestly can't remember.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Was it maybe Chill? Although I do agree on the seriousness of this project I belive it's something non-Researchers should be able to contribute to as well.

Might as well move it back?
And how goes your new idea, Spire?

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've literally had no time to work on any of my personal projects. I tried to get back to this to fix it up so I could upload to photobucket and such (cause it's a mess), but I've been bottled down with my job and school. I have time to post passive posts like this here and there, but nothing more.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Agreed with Pink Reaper. Although clarifying that Pokemon who are able to learn Fly doesn't necessarily put them out of the Grounded tier. Dodrio is an example.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Bulbasaur has never used gust.

That one is just a mutant with large lung capacity.

Top Bottom