• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Things are really slowing down around here..

In honor of the current stage discussion thread, I have a burning question. Why doesn't Snake wear the outfit from Twin Snakes since it was one of his few appearances on a Nintendo console?
Edit: And at the time of Brawl, his most recent.

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I think you guys should give Charizards f tilt a fire effect, would be a cool reference to the move fire fang

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I think you guys should give Charizards f tilt a fire effect, would be a cool reference to the move fire fang
I think it should be done only on the sweetspot.
Things are really slowing down around here..

In honor of the current stage discussion thread, I have a burning question. Why doesn't Snake wear the outfit from Twin Snakes since it was one of his few appearances on a Nintendo console?
Edit: And at the time of Brawl, his most recent.
The colours are pretty similar to Snake's standard colours, but everything else is different enough that it'll definitely work! Now you'll have to forgive my lack of Metal Gear knowledge, but isn't the Big Boss costume from the Metal Gear remake on the 3DS?

Tuxedo

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
In terms of Bowser's run animation, why not just make it like it was in Mario 64? It's not cribbing Smash 4 and still pays homage to the games. I just really hate the stupid Bowserkart run because he's never done such things in a mainstream Mario game.

I mean granted, DK never fought Samus in a DK game, either, but these are supposed to be tributes to their characters in full, not having any made-up things that they don't have to. Hell, base it on the animation from the Olympic Games series, just give me a Bowser that doesn't pretend he's a damn vehicle every time he runs. :p

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
If I'm remembering correctly, his run from 64 is very robotic like he can't move his limbs fluidly. Not sure if that will translate well to this.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
That's why you would base it off the run from Super Mario 64 DS, which is better animated and the modern version with a very similar posture to Smash Bowser.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
In terms of Bowser's run animation, why not just make it like it was in Mario 64? It's not cribbing Smash 4 and still pays homage to the games. I just really hate the stupid Bowserkart run because he's never done such things in a mainstream Mario game.

I mean granted, DK never fought Samus in a DK game, either, but these are supposed to be tributes to their characters in full, not having any made-up things that they don't have to. Hell, base it on the animation from the Olympic Games series, just give me a Bowser that doesn't pretend he's a damn vehicle every time he runs. :p
Oh my god
Yes, please. This is honestly so funny. Just look at his lil' stubby arms

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Wouldn't the Brawl design be closer to the 64 design than the more recent designs though? The base design is improved from Melee, which is based off of a fancy 64 design... To an extent. I feel like the similarities from Brawl to the 64 is closer than Brawl to modernish.

thatoneguynolan

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

LightningDragon

Smash Rookie
Whenever I see Bowser's run animation, I always hear the grinding sound of a granite statue sliding across the cement floor in my head. Which makes it even more amusing.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I know the PMDT already has more than enough work right now, but please, pleeeeeeeeeeeaase, improve the assist trophies.

Things like these (colors "out of bounds", seams, etc) shouldn't happen.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I know the PMDT already has more than enough work right now, but please, pleeeeeeeeeeeaase, improve the assist trophies.

Things like these (colors "out of bounds", seams, etc) shouldn't happen.
Is that really a priority? It's not exactly something that's very noticeable in-game, considering they don't stay onscreen for very long, assuming you even use ATs. If it's something that really bothers you, it wouldn't be hard to fix it up for yourself.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Is that really a priority? It's not exactly something that's very noticeable in-game, considering they don't stay onscreen for very long, assuming you even use ATs. If it's something that really bothers you, it wouldn't be hard to fix it up for yourself.
Says the person who's got experience with that and the programs to do it. Seriously though, those ATs are hideous. I never noticed until Sm4sh revealed Little Mac and I did a comparison. Now I can't unsee them.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
If we see an official mod of the run animation in game, maybe people will change their mind and join the #freebowsersrun movement.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/3h76cz/about_awakening_roy/

Hello everyone, I hope you guys are excited about Project M 3.6!

I understand that some are wondering why Awakening Roy is not in the build. After showing the first render of the model, we listened the the general feedback on what everyone thought about it, and decided that it needed more work before releasing it into an official build. We have our best artists reworking the model to make it as accurate as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, for we know this was a very much anticipated costume.

However you will not have to wait until the next major update for him. When the model is ready to go, we will release an optional patch just for Roy. The patch will contain only the costume and aesthetics, so there will be no major balance or gameplay changes.

In the meantime, enjoy playing Project M 3.6, and be sure to keep in touch for future announcements!

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
So there apparently are hidden alts for a couple of the 64 stages, which are the original 64 designs, as those stages got new alts. Is there a chance of seeing this with other stages in the future? I kind of wish you made Ashleyware a hidden alt, as it would function the same as Wario Land. I feel like hidden alts would be great for alts that are only aesthetically different. I guess this could apply to Melee Battlefield too if you wanted to do something else with that.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
WARIO LAND STAGE IS LOVE. WARIO LAND STAGE IS LIFE.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
Personally I feel like Dreamland would be a good chance to further try out this hidden alt feature by adding Green Greens to the game as the alt for Dreamland and making the 64 version the hidden alt, seems like it would work out nicely. Also I absolutely ADORE the new Waroland Stage!

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Personally I feel like Dreamland would be a good chance to further try out this hidden alt feature by adding Green Greens to the game as the alt for Dreamland and making the 64 version the hidden alt, seems like it would work out nicely. Also I absolutely ADORE the new Waroland Stage!
I agree with Green Greens. If N64 Saffron City becomes a hidden alt then I think Pokemon Stadium would make a good alt for that. Then they could make Brawl PS2 an alt for PM PS2.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I actually like the combinations of Pokemon Stadiums, so long as they would drop the "2" from the title, but that's just me.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I've missed out on too much, first thing's first, Awakening Roy, does he still have the purple. The purple is necessary.
Second thing! What's this whole "secret alt" business?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I've missed out on too much, first thing's first, Awakening Roy, does he still have the purple. The purple is necessary.
Second thing! What's this whole "secret alt" business?
Awakening Roy hasn't been added yet. Secret alts are activated by pressing Z and A, and they're not shown on the stage select like normal alts. Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle 64 variations are now secret alts, as those stages got new alts.

Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
hey
back with more Sword queries
still not too keen on the idea of no Sword of Seals for Alt Roy, but I have another suggestion -
View attachment 65976
why not give his Alt Durandal, his father Eliwood's legendary weapon (at least in FE7)? it's literally known as "the Blazing Sword". I'd kill to see this in smash.
see I can be non-canon and fun too guys
A lot of F-Zero characters have similar appearances to Captain Falcon, and not just talking about Blood Falcon:

Beastman:

Phoenix:

BABA:
That Durandal on Roy's alt is a fantastic idea.... I really hope thats considered. And I'm also one in favour of giving Captain Falcon a Phoenix Recolour. (Or alt? I dunno.) Maybe I'll make the recolour myself

Speaking of Falcon... I thought of a great addition that could be added. You know how people are always saying: "Why does Falcon have a gun if he never uses it?"
Secret Taunt where Falcon pulls out his gun. What does he do with it? I don't know. Clean it? Look at it and shout "HYES"? Shoot it? I don't know what he would do... but I'll leave that up in the air as a hilarious Falcon secret taunt.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
That Durandal on Roy's alt is a fantastic idea.... I really hope thats considered. And I'm also one in favour of giving Captain Falcon a Phoenix Recolour. (Or alt? I dunno.) Maybe I'll make the recolour myself

Speaking of Falcon... I thought of a great addition that could be added. You know how people are always saying: "Why does Falcon have a gun if he never uses it?"
Secret Taunt where Falcon pulls out his gun. What does he do with it? I don't know. Clean it? Look at it and shout "HYES"? Shoot it? I don't know what he would do... but I'll leave that up in the air as a hilarious Falcon secret taunt.
If only Falcon actually used his gun. Then he wouldn't be a Ganon clone.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Posting here for better visibility: Lucario's black gi is still broken as of PM 3.6 Full.
Screenshot from Dolphin. The headband may look different in a Wii but for sure it won't look alright.
The file is using the default gi materials, and since the headband isn't just a texture replacement it fails to load properly.

I didn't find anything new regarding black gi lucario in 3.6b nor in 3.6f, so here's a download for the 3.5 costume files.

Also, the 3.6f zip has two Metal Cavern songs instead of just one. Whoever made the file forgot to delete the file A10.brstm.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Smash Cadet
So I haven't read all 300 pages of this thread so I don't know if this has been suggested and turned down before, but I think I finally thought of something from Pokémon that could potentially be used as an Ivysaur alt.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
In case you haven't seen yet, there are coins representing the zones from Mario Land II in the new stage.
But where is Macro Zone?

CND

Smash Cadet
http://smashboards.com/threads/cnds...-with-stage-screenshots.380905/#post-19951525

I made a minor update to my screenshot gallery. It is the first time I am including screenshots highlighting the stages. I had hoped to include to more of the stages before I posted them there, but I felt I needed to separate them from the next time I update it (which will be dedicated to 3.6) since I had screenshots for 3.6 beta Delfino's Secret and Wario Ware. Hopefully I will update it soon with the various 3.6 changes and additions.

If only we could make 'Random' slot randomize and load a character texture with the ditto eyes.
That would be gold.
I don't even know how to properly respond to this. This would amazing. I hope there would be an influx of ditto mains.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm loving the new Wario Land stage, but I have a small complaint. The lighting + the way shadows are cast don't really make sense. The platforms themselves don't cast shadows, but when you're on them you cast a shadow onto them as well as a second shadow on the main stage...

CND

Smash Cadet
I'm loving the new Wario Land stage, but I have a small complaint. The lighting + the way shadows are cast don't really make sense. The platforms themselves don't cast shadows, but when you're on them you cast a shadow onto them as well as a second shadow on the main stage...
I was just noticing this. Also, if you are under a platform there is a shadow on the platform above. Similar stuff happens on the Bowser's Castle alt, but I seem to remember shadows being weird elsewhere as well.

I really like the platforms on the Bowser's Castle alt being the platform from the SMB Bowser encounters. I am disappointed it took me a moment to recognize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom