• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm surprised at how little we talk about Snake here.
Sneaking suits, camos, TUXEDO, swim trunks, octocamo, battle dresses, naked, scientist, officer, maintenance...
Even if you just look at the things Solid and Big Boss wore in the games it's still a ridiculous number, because then there are cosplays of other characters and such that would also be cool to see.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
swim trunks
I cannot help but laugh imagining some get blown up by Snake in trunks. It would be hilarious too if they could make any of his tools beach themed. being blown up by volleyballs, slashed by an umbrella, and stepping on a crab that blows you up. That would be great.
also if that happens, I demand Captain Falcon in swim trunks.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I remember when I first played Brawl, and I saw "Naked Snake", I was a little concerned. I think a Liquid Snake costume would be pretty great, given how he's a major part of the Metal Gear plotline (right?), and it would give the Project M Development Team a chance to use some Havok physics which is possible now I've heard.

Also Liquid Snake's coat is so dashing and there aren't any recolours that are too close to that palette, unlike Big Boss compared to the green camo. I ain't complaining though, they're different enough for me. Same logic applies to Tuxey Snake. Tuxedo Snake.

Snake is so handsome.
Perfect way to attract more girls to the Smash scene imo Kappa
Why did you call him a Kappa?

Hey, now that I think about it, that could be a really cool costume for Bowser. Some Japanese folklore mixed in to honour Nintendo's culture.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I love the idea but if there was a Kappa Bowser, I can't imagine the amount of trolling that would ensue on the boards using its stock portrait.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I've been thinking heavily on the whole Ivysaur semi-alt thing. My dearest sweet main needs some costumes.

I mentioned a while back, converting Ivysaur's current recolours to match different grass Pokémon. This is a bit controversial, as Ivysaur currently has the best recolours in the game:

Ivysuar would, then, be more akin to Pikachu or Sonic's semi-alts, rather than just different recolours. I think it'd be really cool if (my favourite) ice-blue Ivysaur had Mega Abomasnow's ice spike:

The leaves could be changed to the weird paper slips Obamasnow has, yet still retain the blue colour. The bud could be changed to the icicle on the back bone with the piñata slips having the petal bones.

As far as the poison-esque and the dark-esque swaps go, I dunno, and since I don't ever use those swaps, I don't have the authority of pitching ideas for them. Gloom and Cherrim, though, have cool things that could be buds.

I also think that Squirtle should be converted to a Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Pichu styled character, where in addition to his current swaps, he would have matching hats. Then Ninja Squirtle wouldn't be so controversial in terms of having no game themed origin.
it's a silly twitch Maymay.
This explains SO MUCH. I never watch Twitch, so that's why I'm uneducated in such a realm.

Yeah, let's not make a Kappa costume. Ever. Please. Though I'm still fond of the idea of making costumes based off of different characters' origins in culture.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I also think that Squirtle should be converted to a Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Pichu styled character, where in addition to his current swaps, he would have matching hats. Then Ninja Squirtle wouldn't be so controversial in terms of having no game themed origin.

Yeah, let's not make a Kappa costume. Ever. Please. Though I'm still fond of the idea of making costumes based off of different characters' origins in culture.
I like the squirtle thing, though I think Pikachu & Jiggs really could use some more defining colors than tints of yellow and pink. Idk know what you would do for Squirtle though. The pink Blossom squirtle I love.

And for Bowser, I would take a Kappa Bowser over Brown Bowser. I honestly think they should get rid of Brown Bowser for another recolor of Dry Bowser. That costume just doesn't sit right with me. It also maybe because I am fan of even splits (5 brawl/5 alt).

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Things are really slowing down around here..

In honor of the current stage discussion thread, I have a burning question. Why doesn't Snake wear the outfit from Twin Snakes since it was one of his few appearances on a Nintendo console?
Edit: And at the time of Brawl, his most recent.
Someone made it a thing! http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209493
This is all I gathered from your post, and I am not disappointed.
It's all I hear in-game.
I like the squirtle thing, though I think Pikachu & Jiggs really could use some more defining colors than tints of yellow and pink. Idk know what you would do for Squirtle though. The pink Blossom squirtle I love.

And for Bowser, I would take a Kappa Bowser over Brown Bowser. I honestly think they should get rid of Brown Bowser for another recolor of Dry Bowser. That costume just doesn't sit right with me. It also maybe because I am fan of even splits (5 brawl/5 alt).
I thought that in regards to Piks & Jiggs, but I'm having trouble imagining how it would look good. Maybe various Pikachu alts could get the colours or patterns of other electric Pokémon, for horrible example, Party Hat could get a Zebstrika theme, goggles could get Pichu, etc. If they ever make a Team Rocket outfit, namely a hat covering the eyes with a rocket belt, he could totally be cloned Pikachu.

Maybe orange Squirtle could have a fire hat, green have a gardener hat, yellow gets a plumber's hat, pink gets a flower, while purple gets a military helmet? Though it wouldn't be too farfetch'd :083: for the green and red to remain as they are.

I really like the brown one, but it is mostly one colour. Maybe they could adjust a few of the hues here 'n' there.

Last edited:

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
you want two black armored charizards?

oh, silly me
i didn't notice that emote

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I don't see why they can't just give Pika and Jiggs different colours, it worked for Lucario, Squirtle and Ivysaur, why not these two?
Hats are traditional for Pika and Jiggs, though.

Besides, Lucario has a gi and Squirtle gets an entire ninja getup. :p The only 'Mon with no special suit is Ivysaur.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I would like the to see the Ivysaur get a tradition themed skin as well. This may sound weird, but like I imagine Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur as a ninja team or something. Charizard is like the samurai with all the armor, hits hard and kinda fast, but is slow; Squirtle is the fast mobile ninja, and Ivysaur is something graceful yet lethal. kimono Ivysaur is what comes to mind, changing her bulb into a sakura blossom, but I can't think of how a kimono would fit well on her.

Hats are traditional for Pika and Jiggs, though.

Besides, Lucario has a gi and Squirtle gets an entire ninja getup. :p The only 'Mon with no special suit is Ivysaur.
Why not cool hats AND cool recolors?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I just realized that Olimar and his Pikmin could totally have a Nintendo Land costume.
Why not cool hats AND cool recolors?
I think I suggested that earlier with Squirtle, though I'm having trouble imagining what Pikachu and Jigglypuff would have as colours:

The Goggles should definitely have a Pichu colouring and bandana. Maybe the red hat Pikachu could be made more red while Red's Hat Pikachu could take his shiny colouring. Other than that... No clue. Maybe their spots, stripes, and other patterns could vary on occasion.

With Jigglypuff, it's a bit easier. Red flower could get some red/orange action, blue gardening hat gets a cyan hue, and green becomes more green. Maybe white hat Jigg could become more pale, and fairy Jigglypuff get more shiny?
I would like the to see the Ivysaur get a tradition themed skin as well. This may sound weird, but like I imagine Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur as a ninja team or something. Charizard is like the samurai with all the armor, hits hard and kinda fast, but is slow; Squirtle is the fast mobile ninja, and Ivysaur is something graceful yet lethal. kimono Ivysaur is what comes to mind, changing her bulb into a sakura blossom, but I can't think of how a kimono would fit well on her.
I'm having trouble imagining the Ninja Team, but the Sakura blossom would look beautiful on her purple swap! Interestingly enough, there's a Pokémon trainer named "Sakura"! Though - like always, I'm still strong on the semi-alts. Would anyone be objected to Icysaur getting an Obamasnow moustache or beard? Heheh.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I was in the middle of making that when he asked about the outfit too, huh.
I wonder what he would look like with a young snake texture for his face and hair tbh.
Tock did the same with a Roy costume I was working on once, haha. You should finish the one you were working on anyway, I would love to see the two compared!

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Tock did the same with a Roy costume I was working on once, haha. You should finish the one you were working on anyway, I would love to see the two compared!
uhh...
Check the name of who uploaded that to the vault and my name. (spoiler: it was me)

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how much this has been discussed, but seeing as two of the alts are Paper Mario characters how come there is no level equivalent?

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
what are the chances of Ike getting a standalone costume of his Lord class upgrade?

FE9_Ike_Movie_Concept_Art.jpeg

I can imagine it's probably been discussed in this thread before and he's already got 10 outfits that includes an existing alt + pallet swaps, but having it be a bonus separate costume not using team colors like the classic captain falcon costume would be great. of the Fire Emblem characters who promote in project M Ike's the only one who has a visually distinct outfit for his upgraded class compared to his base class in both pallet and design.

I mean, legit question, does anybody really like the brown/green/red color?

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I don't know how much this has been discussed, but seeing as two of the alts are Paper Mario characters how come there is no level equivalent?
Because not every game referenced by the characters needs a stage to accompany it when ROB is still homeless.

Also there's more than enough Mario stages already.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
A bunch of crappy peripheral minigames don't lend themselves to great stages that will spark the imaginations of the art team. That's why ROB doesn't have a stage and not really an excuse not to feature other franchises.

If the guy is truly homeless, he can live in PictoChat.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Robs games honestly look less than interesting let alone the original product looks like a novelty, my opinion, but as far as rob goes for a level he was basicly the main character of sub space, so the whole game is his home.

Paper Mario though has been a highly rated game series for the most part on all systems it came out on, and it has one stage in SSB4 and two alts in PM. There probably won't ever be an official character in any game including PM, my opinion, so a stage would do.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I think a stage based on gyromite could be interesting. It would involve Pistons rising up and down, which would change up the map.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
High ratings doesn't justify more Mario stages. Not liking stack-up or gyromite also doesn't stagnate one's ability to develop a stage concept based around either.
Not that I wouldn't enjoy a ttyd stage, but there's nothing to be done without replacing something or forcefully creating a ttyd themed skin for an existing stage.
A bunch of crappy peripheral minigames don't lend themselves to great stages that will spark the imaginations of the art team.
And yet warioware exists.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
While we're talking stages, I still want to see the Great Bay and Spooky Peach's castle as the Pirate Ship and Luigi's Mansion alts... :(
And yet warioware exists.
And is one of the most popular stages among casuals!
Paper Mario though has been a highly rated game series for the most part on all systems it came out on, and it has one stage in SSB4 and two alts in PM. There probably won't ever be an official character in any game including PM, my opinion, so a stage would do.
You have very good points, and I would love to see a Paper Mario stage from Project M, (and a character, huehuehueh) but the biggest question - where would the stage go?! Looking at the stagelist, the only thing close to replace as an alt or primary would be Flat Zone and Pictochat, both are really stretching it, both of which are two places that would suit R.O.B for a stage instead.

Even though I have an actual R.O.B, I don't have his games, so I can't really say anything about it, but sir Platypus' idea sounds really fun as a stage. There are a lot of moving platforms in Project M... But actual pieces of stages seldom move. Of course, it wouldn't be very tournament friendly... But I don't caaare. Nevah been to a Project M Tournament. :(

A while back, I started making a stage that was a giant NES controller. That would be a very suitable stage for R.O.B, since he is just an accessory. Though since his Famicom colours are his current default, it should probably be a Famicom controller. Or just make a giant toy R.O.B a stage. On a kid's desk or whatever.
I mean, legit question, does anybody really like the brown/green/red color?
It is my third favourite swap, next to the black 'n' yellow and the red armour... But I am in love with that semi-alt.
Since it has a lot of black and yellow (black and gold?) what if it just went over the yellow alt, taking one or two colour elements from it?
uhh...
Check the name of who uploaded that to the vault and my name. (spoiler: it was me)
Woops, heheheh. The thing about the face and hair threw me off a little. I love your costume!

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
You can't replace Ikes yellow palette swap, that ones based off his dad and is the only real reference to another character from PoR that Ike has among his palette swaps lol. I'm fine with getting rid of the brown, green and red one, it's not important at all

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
If they had the time or the drive to couldn't they make stages for both? I know I have seen some custom builds with a ridiculous amount of stages.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Speaking of Ike, why doesn't he have the sword trail effect that Roy has on his entrance? I love that Roy has that effect; makes him look like he is ready to fight while looking powerful. Ike swing is shown to have power, but I think it would look better if he had the sword trail with it. I think all the sword characters that swing their sword during their entrance should have that effect aka Marth, Link, Roy and Ike. I think it would make their entrances cooler.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
So I made a bunch of my Ivysaur's crappy concept ideas.
Please disagree or agree with them. Each one is based off of either a poison or grass type Pokémon, akin to Ivytypes.

The biggest problem (I think) with Ivy is all her bones. She's got a million for each bit of her petal, and all her petal bits affect gameplay with her spore attacks, which function as her biggest gameplay mechanic. I think having a few leaves, petals, or onion layers on the outside could change that.
I didn't try very hard. I didn't do the green, red, nor blue palette swaps because of Project M's rule in terms of team colours, and because green Ivy needs to remain unchanged 'cause she's based off of Shinisaur. Can't remove shinies, that just ain't right. They're in order of swap, with four extra ideas of mine. I regret making them so big. The first three are based off of the ones already around, then order of OMG PLEASE I LOVE YOU.

Roselia

Obamasnow

Gloom.

Parasect

Victreebell

Exeggcutor

Tangella.
Maybe we will get lucky and some wizardry will happen.
Nothing is impossible, brother. We thought we couldn't have stock icons, but look now!

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I think the brown, white and purple one look the best, mainly because I can see their bulbs opening more naturally in battle than with the others. I would play the crap out of the Tangela one though.also, nice photo editing skills Nefnoj! it's good to be back in this thread.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
spoiler: Ivysaur
but roserade
but ludicolo

i actually like these ideas,

team colors
but what's Project M's rule in terms of team colors? i'd take the abombasnow, tangela and victreebell alts here as blue, red and green alternate team colors respectively any day, and the gloom as a bonus black recolor ala the black knight color for Hector armor Ike.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom