• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I'm loving the new Wario Land stage, but I have a small complaint. The lighting + the way shadows are cast don't really make sense. The platforms themselves don't cast shadows, but when you're on them you cast a shadow onto them as well as a second shadow on the main stage...
I was just noticing this. Also, if you are under a platform there is a shadow on the platform above. Similar stuff happens on the Bowser's Castle alt, but I seem to remember shadows being weird elsewhere as well.

I really like the platforms on the Bowser's Castle alt being the platform from the SMB Bowser encounters. I am disappointed it took me a moment to recognize that.
That is on every stage. Its a Brawl engine bug.

Komon

Smash Rookie
Any pictures of the Bowser stage alt? I have no way of playing 3.6 atm.

Costume idea for Mario or Luigi:

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
I'm loving the new Wario Land stage, but I have a small complaint. The lighting + the way shadows are cast don't really make sense. The platforms themselves don't cast shadows, but when you're on them you cast a shadow onto them as well as a second shadow on the main stage...
I chose to not have shadows for the platforms themselves because they would have just looked awkward in the background ontop of the stairs and stuff. It would have shown a shadow with the character's shadow on top of it, and it looked really odd and bad so I removed the shadows from the platforms to avoid that issue.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
do we still like Durandal?

I actually forgot that a better picture of it was on the box art for FE7.

1439949367896.jpg

hell, slapping it on the Awakening alt could subtly reference the fact that you can find just about every Legendary weapon from the collective series in FE Awakening. amusingly enough, though, this does not include Durandal, but it does include Armads and the Sol Katti.

also god damn it photobombing Lyndis get out of here

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
do we still like Durandal?

I actually forgot that a better picture of it was on the box art for FE7.

View attachment 69053

hell, slapping it on the Awakening alt could subtly reference the fact that you can find just about every Legendary weapon from the collective series in FE Awakening. amusingly enough, though, this does not include Durandal, but it does include Armads and the Sol Katti.

also god damn it photobombing Lyndis get out of here
Dang it looks pretty good, but I don't want it on the Awakening alt. Maybe they'll put this on the Eliwood recolor though?

I still have hopes that there will be a Leif alt for one of Roy's last cosmetic slots.. It just fits too perfectly.

Also, check this artsy music out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J99i6XwQTTM Anybody agree with the theme song choices? I personally want the DKC victory theme remastered for DK.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Anybody agree with the theme song choices? I personally want the DKC victory theme remastered for DK.
Isn't that already his victory theme?
I, personally, think that Diddy should get an electric guitar remix of that in reference to his guitar gazump from Donkey Kong 64, or add his theme to his Final Smash. I hate electric guitars, I'm just super desperate for more references to my childhood Donkey Kong game. I think Luigi should get something from Luigi's Mansion, and weren't Mewtwo and Meta Knight supposed to have different themes that were left over from Brawl?

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
There's no reason for Diddy to be different from DK.
But if he was, it should definitely be from Diddy's Kong Quest

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Isn't that already his victory theme?
I, personally, think that Diddy should get an electric guitar remix of that in reference to his guitar gazump from Donkey Kong 64, or add his theme to his Final Smash. I hate electric guitars, I'm just super desperate for more references to my childhood Donkey Kong game. I think Luigi should get something from Luigi's Mansion, and weren't Mewtwo and Meta Knight supposed to have different themes that were left over from Brawl?
Is it? I can't remember.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I think it'd be cool if stages other than Saffron City and Battlefield had the day-to-night cycle. Not all stages, but it could fit some Zelda stages.

Another thing - there are a lot of Project M trailers with music... That's not included in Project M. I don't know why, but it hurts.
Is it? I can't remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPsU6g0BzS8d,

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast

Uh... the blue one? It's colour scheme is reference to Eliwood.

no, that's his actual FE6 art alt, with faded gold/ blue trims to deviate from his default further.
i mean, to quote his page on smashwiki,
  • Blue: Based off the "player" unit in Fire Emblem games. This costume was touched up from Melee, now matching up his appearance in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. hell, can a PMDT member actually confirm this? Wikis can be wrong... @ Nanobuds Nanobuds ?
293866-roy.png

if it were Eliwood, it would look more in line with the color pallet on the Eliwood alt for Roy in sm4sh, with a bit of aqua splashed on it.

RSyYuxw.png
latest.jpg

his default with the purple cape is just his smash look, which has only ever been a thing in smash for some reason. probably to make his pallet a little more different from marth back in melee.

We don't own the songs.
which is a shame, Feint's "Homebound" is stellar on Final Destination.
and "Autumn's Fading Sun" is a great piece for the menu.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
no, that's his actual FE6 art alt, with faded gold/ blue trims to deviate from his default further.
i mean, to quote his page on smashwiki,
  • Blue: Based off the "player" unit in Fire Emblem games. This costume was touched up from Melee, now matching up his appearance in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. hell, can a PMDT member actually confirm this? Wikis can be wrong...
View attachment 69240

if it were Eliwood, it would look more in line with the color pallet on the Eliwood alt for Roy in sm4sh, with a bit of aqua splashed on it.

View attachment 69241View attachment 69242

his default with the purple cape is just his smash look, which has only ever been a thing in smash for some reason. probably to make his pallet a little more different from marth back in melee.

which is a shame, Feint's "Homebound" is stellar on Final Destination.
and "Autumn's Fading Sun" is a great piece for the menu.
The trim on his armor is gold in that art, as opposed to the silver on the alt. Looks more like Eliwood's color to me because of that.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That reminds me... Given Project M's history, they'll probably do team colours of the awakening armour, even though I'm on the side of the Lief costume, I wouldn't object to more team colours.
Usually, recolours reference other characters or elements. Are there any ideas for what base characters they would be based on?

If they use the standard costume for blue, they could probably use the last slot to make a semi-Lief alt for Roy, given how similar their armour is (according to various pieces of art on the wiki). Of course, I'm a big fan of semi-alts, so I'm biased.

What if Captain Falcon got a recolour or an alt to reference Excite Bike?

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Well, green could be based on Lance
Red may be Alen, but I hope it is more Lilina based, as Alen's color scheme is really close to Hector Red Ike. Plus, Lilina is like the main ship for Roy, so I think it makes more sense.

I doubt the main costume will be blue team because it doesn't have enough blue. It's a lot of purple and black; no blue. I think since it is an awakening costume, they will probably use Frederick.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I doubt the main costume will be blue team because it doesn't have enough blue. It's a lot of purple and black; no blue.
Not have enough blue..? The actual costume art is supposed to be blue. The PMDT made it somewhat purple because that's like their thing, but it can still function as a blue costume. Art for reference.
If it was to get recolors, I think Smash 4's Roy design shows us that the Awakening parts of his outfit can be recolored to look pretty good. You can see however, that there is very little that's different with his blue team recolor.
It's just a matter of seeing what the actual Awakening alt will look like with these colors. But I digress. The standard Awakening Roy should be easily identifiable as blue if you're going to make it a blue team color.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
The trim on his armor is gold in that art, as opposed to the silver on the alt. Looks more like Eliwood's color to me because of that.
in melee, roy and marth's blue, red and green team alts are all based on the Player, Enemy and Other unit pallets from Fire emblem games - Roy's artwork pallet just happens to be exactly the same as his blue color. This has carried over to Project M for them and I re-iterate that the silver trim on Roy's blue alt's armor is most likely a deviation to assist in making it distinct from his default skin, as when the two are compared side by side, the only other part of the alt that is noticeably different is the color of his cape - something that is only completely apparent in-game when both Roys are facing right.

from a purely aesthetic point of view, it looks like it's there to make the blue alt "look more blue", and not be an intended reference to Eliwood.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace

This would make a great alt. It'd be a good way to have another female option in the cast, without having to come up with a unique design. Its in the Nintendo "canon"

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
why are you guys so pressed for Feint music. Just add it yourselves.
It aint even that good.

Shin F.

Smash Master
This has carried over to Project M for them and I re-iterate that the silver trim on Roy's blue alt's armor is most likely a deviation to assist in making it distinct from his default skin, as when the two are compared side by side, the only other part of the alt that is noticeably different is the color of his cape - something that is only completely apparent in-game when both Roys are facing right.
If this were the case, I think it would be more likely that they just made his default costume Blue Team in the first place, like they did with several other characters.

In any case, regardless of its origin or reason for existence, it looks like Eliwood colors.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
If this were the case, I think it would be more likely that they just made his default costume Blue Team in the first place, like they did with several other characters.

In any case, regardless of its origin or reason for existence, it looks like Eliwood colors.
or they kept the purple cape default skin because of that one reason - "because Melee".

It only shares the silver trim on the armor. If it's intended as an Eliwood alt, then it is a bad Eliwood alt.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
or they kept the purple cape default skin because of that one reason - "because Melee".

It only shares the silver trim on the armor. If it's intended as an Eliwood alt, then it is a bad Eliwood alt.
Given the lack of aqua armor but having the silver trim, it could just be some weird combination color. Interestingly, the Melee version has blue pants, a feature not present in the Roy art or on Eliwood.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Would you be able to ask the artists for permission to use their songs in game?
That might be a bit hard... Some of the pieces, like Mewtwo's Return, would work. However, the Song of Storms that was featured was part of an album, and it just wouldn't be right if they added that one song without adding the whole album. However, they really ought to get more official pieces on Bowser's Castle, that's for certain.

That might be a bit hard... Some of the pieces, like Mewtwo's Return, would work. However, the Song of Storms that was featured was part of an album, and it just wouldn't be right if they added that one song without adding the whole album. However, they really ought to get more official pieces on Bowser's Castle, that's for certain.[/qutote]

If the PMDT's music team added more official pieces on Bowser's, I would hope for some type of remix of "Koopa Road" from SM64!

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
However, the Song of Storms that was featured was part of an album, and it just wouldn't be right if they added that one song without adding the whole album.
Twilite Funk is part of an EP of 3 songs. They've only added the one song.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Given the lack of aqua armor but having the silver trim, it could just be some weird combination color. Interestingly, the Melee version has blue pants, a feature not present in the Roy art or on Eliwood.
or the yellow cape... could have sworn it was red.
maybe for Project M it's not a FE6 art alt or an Eliwood alt, but just a "predominantly blue" alt.

That might be a bit hard... Some of the pieces, like Mewtwo's Return, would work. However, the Song of Storms that was featured was part of an album, and it just wouldn't be right if they added that one song without adding the whole album. However, they really ought to get more official pieces on Bowser's Castle, that's for certain.
that is not how music permissions work.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
that is not how music permissions work.
Oh! I didn't know you have authority in the Project M sound department and on my opinion!
How does it work, then?
Twilite Funk is part of an EP of 3 songs. They've only added the one song.
Weird, cool! I didn't know that, I'll have to check 'em out when my internet isn't so pwagged!

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Oh! I didn't know you have authority in the Project M sound department and on my opinion!
How does it work, then?
This is the most passive aggressive thing I've seen you post. +1

And, yea, it's a pretty nice listen. There's a bonus track too I believe as well if you buy (it's pay what you want).

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
How does it work, then?
...wow.

so I'll concede that I may not have read your comment correctly, I was merely trying to say that music permissions (IN GENERAL) are some legal shenanigans. though given the strange legal place Project M is in anyway, it's even stranger.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Something I've really wanted for a while is for the Project M team to create holiday themed updates for Project M, snowey stages, Christmas textures, things like that. They could have it on the download page for a month or two, then take it down.
Someone mentioned 64 Mode on Sound Guy's AMondAy. This is when an idea clicked. Recently, an addons function was added to Project M. I have no idea how it works, and it seems like a brilliant idea that's going under-utilized. What if 64 Mode, Holiday packs, things like that, were just included as built-in addons? Depending on the file size, of course. Then people would have a template to work off of for their own addon packs. I've tried to find ways for it to work, but couldn't find anything. This might make it simpler for doofuses like me.
My apologies, that wasn't nice of me. Your gruff, rough, straight-to-the-fact nature and culture contrasts with my bouncy childlike self. I've been having a rough eve' and I finally snapped. Being sarcastic and hostile was genuinely uncomfortable for me.
I'm sorry moderators please don't report my comment. I respect and fear you all.
so I'll concede that I may not have read your comment correctly, I was merely trying to say that music permissions (IN GENERAL) are some legal shenanigans. though given the strange legal place Project M is in anyway, it's even stranger.
That makes a lot more sense, I'm not very well educated in the realm of music, (I did literally want to know how it worked, heheheh) and actually tried to edit the comment to mention file size, but poopoop internets and mobile devices.
I thought that a few of the pieces were written specifically for Project M, like the main theme song, but wasn't Twilite Funk created without intention for usage in Project M? And the two pieces for Roy and Mewtwo were written specifically for the trailer, and the author included BRSTM's to download, so I'm surprised they aren't included as well. The only reason I mentioned them in the first place was that it's a bother to look for something new as close to official as possible when there are so many pieces the Project M Team used for trailers.

It really is a funky business.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
If Pikach's alts are not used up, we could have Pichu's backpack on him.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
If Pikach's alts are not used up, we could have Pichu's backpack on him.
I think they could just give Pikachu all of Pichu's alts: They could have additional team colours, and give Pikachu a Pichu themed recolour with pink cheeks and other details I don't care about. Somewhat as semi-alts.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think they could just give Pikachu all of Pichu's alts: They could have additional team colours, and give Pikachu a Pichu themed recolour with pink cheeks and other details I don't care about. Somewhat as semi-alts.
That would be pretty cool. I'd be down for that.
PM Pichu fans said:
We want Pichu to be playable again!
PMDT said:
Okay, here you go. We're sure you'll all be glad to hear that your unwavering support caused Pichu to become so happy, he evolved! He retained his fur and cheek colors, though - maybe he's a new kind of Shiny? Simply select him by switching costumes on Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom