• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I did a thing very quickly just to see what it would look like
Gloomysaur.png
This is what happens when you leave your Ivysaur and your Gloom at the breeder's together.

I like it, personally.

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
The way the conversation is going maybe something similar to the sonic semi alts could be done with Ivy having her take certain parts of various Pokemon as I think there's a couple of good ideas floating around and why choose just one when you can have more than one ;)

Shin F.

Smash Master
The way the conversation is going maybe something similar to the sonic semi alts could be done with Ivy having her take certain parts of various Pokemon as I think there's a couple of good ideas floating around and why choose just one when you can have more than one ;)
If they went that route, one of them could have a bud that looks like a Sunkern.

Edit:
Since Marthmario pointed out that there are a lot of broken Alt images in the OP, I made an album with every alt in it. Could be used to fix the broken images, or the gallery itself could just be embedded as media in the OP and I can add new ones as needed. I made a note as to which ones have recolors in their descriptions. I couldn't find official art for a couple - not sure if it exists, so I used my own renders for those. Can be fixed if anyone has them.

http://imgur.com/a/Uq9rX#0

Last edited:

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff, but you missed the recolors for Dedede, Charizard and the purple party hat.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Good stuff, but you missed the recolors for Dedede, Charizard and the purple party hat.
I'll be sure to remedy that real quick.

Edit: Armored Charizard doesn't have recolors, not doing the normal ones. And looking at wiki, it looks like the Purple Party Hat replaced the Blue one? Never noticed.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
If they went that route, one of them could have a bud that looks like a Sunkern.

Edit:
Since Marthmario pointed out that there are a lot of broken Alt images in the OP, I made an album with every alt in it. Could be used to fix the broken images, or the gallery itself could just be embedded as media in the OP and I can add new ones as needed. I made a note as to which ones have recolors in their descriptions. I couldn't find official art for a couple - not sure if it exists, so I used my own renders for those. Can be fixed if anyone has them.

We had a security breach of my imgur account, so I had to take drastic actions and delete my account.

I'll post an updated album upon 3.6's release of all the alt stuff.

EDIT: Including proper renders of Boxer DK, Fusion Samus, and Dark Suit Samus

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
We had a security breach of my imgur account, so I had to take drastic actions and delete my account.

I'll post an updated album upon 3.6's release of all the alt stuff.

EDIT: Including proper renders of Boxer DK, Fusion Samus, and Dark Suit Samus
Oh no! Is everything okay? What happened exactly?

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Oh no! Is everything okay? What happened exactly?
I made an album for a thing to share with other art guys. Accidentally made the album public at first. Went to make it "hidden." However it was still public on imgur. Then I deleted the album, yet it was STILL on imgur. So I just deleted my whole account. Now its gone.

No big deal.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I made an album for a thing to share with other art guys. Accidentally made the album public at first. Went to make it "hidden." However it was still public on imgur. Then I deleted the album, yet it was STILL on imgur. So I just deleted my whole account. Now its gone.

No big deal.
Well it could have been much worse right? I'm glad it worked out in spite of Imgur acting like a poltergeist haha

Narpas_sword

No big deal.

"Security Breach"

aka

"i dun goofed"

=p

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Including proper renders of Boxer DK, Fusion Samus, and Dark Suit Samus
Hurray for consistency!

The best Ivysaur alternative costume has yet to be actually drawn by anyone unfortunately. I know exactly the green and white with red scarf color scheme that would look amazing, but lack of artistic abilitiy and all.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Hurray for consistency!

The best Ivysaur alternative costume has yet to be actually drawn by anyone unfortunately. I know exactly the green and white with red scarf color scheme that would look amazing, but lack of artistic abilitiy and all.
What, like green skin with white markings, or the other way around?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
This is what happens when you leave your Ivysaur and your Gloom at the breeder's together.

I like it, personally.
It's good PLEASE NO DROOL OH MY GOSH PLEASE STOP.

Welcome back, Sour Supreme Sour Supreme
This seems like the best way to go ever. I like you, Incinerator.

Edit:

That would be the cutest thing ever, though I feel like the alternate buds should be more iconic grass types. Is "Sunkern" iconic at all? Certainly adorbs. They could also reuse the expressions that they're based off of. In Sunkern's case, I would use it all the time just for those eyes. Maybe they could make more semi-alts based on other grass Pokéstarters.

Heck, what if they just replaced each palette with a Pikachu/Jiggy/esque system, and added a different bud each time? I've always wanted the same for Squirtle.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
It's good PLEASE NO DROOL OH MY GOSH PLEASE STOP.

Welcome back, brother Shin F. Shin F.
But it brings the sleepy look together so nicely!
This seems like the best way to go ever. I like you, Incinerator.

That would be the cutest thing ever, though I feel like the alternate buds should be more iconic grass types. Is "Sunkern" iconic at all? Certainly adorbs. They could also reuse the expressions that they're based off of. In Sunkern's case, I would use it all the time just for those eyes. Maybe they could make more semi-alts based on other grass Pokéstarters.

Heck, what if they just replaced each palette with a Pikachu/Jiggy/esque system, and added a different bud each time? I've always wanted the same for Squirtle.
Sunkern's not iconic at all, I just noticed that it's already the perfect shape for replacing the flower, lol.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas

I like it, personally.
Wow your Photoshop skills are, well... skillful. Also, HOLY SWEET LORDY JESUS NANO GET ON THIS RIGHT NOW after meowser, of course

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Wow your Photoshop skills are, well... skillful.
Shinny boy is an artist birthed by Randy Jackson himself. He also has some sort of Graphic Design Degree or something? All hail based Shin.

Edit:

OMG thx Shin. <3 I haven't had time to address these problems yet, I'll likely just embed the gallery, we'll see. The OP could use a face lift soon, anyways.

I like it, personally.
10/10. Looks amazin'.

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Dang wish I would've suggested gloomysaur earlier, I've had the idea forever and for some reason assumed no one else would dig it.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
So for the record, I would love having a Sunkern colored Ivy, as well as other grass types for that matter... A Meganium color swap including the white tipped flower would be awesome. Hoppip and Roselia also.
And I'd say Parasect if he wasn't confirmed. :laugh:

And I actually do dig the gloomysaur. The drool makes it the best.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I just took a look at the wiki, and there are a lot of Pokémon that Ivy could reference in a bulb replacement. They could possibly even replace some of the current palette swaps, though Ivy does have the best palettes in the game.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I just took a look at the wiki, and there are a lot of Pokémon that Ivy could reference in a bulb replacement. They could possibly even replace some of the current palette swaps, though Ivy does have the best palettes in the game.
I wouldn't want them to replace any of the current palettes. They're all pretty good.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I love Ivys palettes, they all look like Ivys that grew up in and adapted to different environments. Red Ivy is from a volcanic area, Purple is from a swamp, Blue grew up near the ocean, White grew up in a cold snowy place of course, Green is like Amazon rain forest lol and Black Ivy grew up in a cave X)

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I love Ivys palettes, they all look like Ivys that grew up in and adapted to different environments. Red Ivy is from a volcanic area, Purple is from a swamp, Blue grew up near the ocean, White grew up in a cold snowy place of course, Green is like Amazon rain forest lol and Black Ivy grew up in a cave X)
Never thought of it like that! I like it! My favourite's the white/blue one, though I wouldn't at all mind a different bulb on him, I don't know what others would think. Too bad the only ice/grass Pokémon is Snover. That white peak on Icysaur might be a bit weird. Still cool though.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I just noticed Marth's colors don't match up to Melee's recolors.

Brawl White Marth has pearlescent white armor, slightly purple-ish robes, and a white belt and trim. I'd like to see the Melee White Marth silver armor with light blue robes, brown belt and gold trim to come back! And those intricate markings on all the recolors tho..

Actually, if a model edit to Marth so that little piece of armor under the gold trim would be pretty cool too, but it's definitely not necessary.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
Roseliasaur.jpg
Well since Shin F. played around and made a gloom-asaur already I decided to fool around with a roselia-saur semi alt idea. I'm not a 100% happy with it yet and my photoshop skills are iffy (so it took longer than I planned) but it should give at least another sample of what this semi-alt idea could look like!

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Well since Shin F. played around and made a gloom-asaur already I decided to fool around with a roselia-saur semi alt idea. I'm not a 100% happy with it yet and my photoshop skills are iffy (so it took longer than I planned) but it should give at least another sample of what this semi-alt idea could look like!
The attachment doesn't show up for me.

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
OK I'll try again this afternoon when I can get access to my home computer. Sorry about that, it's the first photo I have posted and I was worried it might not show up right, thanks for letting me know.

Edit: Ok I fixed it I think however I couldn't figure out how to put it in a spoiler so iic someone wants to tell me how to do that I'll edit it so it doesn't take up so much space.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
OK I'll try again this afternoon when I can get access to my home computer. Sorry about that, it's the first photo I have posted and I was worried it might not show up right, thanks for letting me know.

Edit: Ok I fixed it I think however I couldn't figure out how to put it in a spoiler so iic someone wants to tell me how to do that I'll edit it so it doesn't take up so much space.
To put it in a spoiler, use [ spoiler ] without the spaces where you want to begin spoilering something and [ /spoiler ] without spaces when you want the spoiler to end.

Looks great, by the way!

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
View attachment 50675Well since Shin F. played around and made a gloom-asaur already I decided to fool around with a roselia-saur semi alt idea. I'm not a 100% happy with it yet and my photoshop skills are iffy (so it took longer than I planned) but it should give at least another sample of what this semi-alt idea could look like!
I dig it. Props to you.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Is this a thread for PM costume ideas? If so. I would like to see Star Fox Adventure Falco.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Is this a thread for PM costume ideas? If so. I would like to see Star Fox Adventure Falco.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Falco is full on costumes. =(

However, this is a novel idea and actually pretty different from what's available. You might be able to request it in another thread, or see what Brawl Vault has to offer.

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
Sunkern-saur.jpg

So I got bored and wanted to fool around a bit more on photoshop so since I already had a template set up from the roselia-saur I decided to try to mock up the semi alt idea suggested involving sunkern, this was the result. He looks a little silly with sunkerns eyes perhaps but I thought it was kind of fun anyways!

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master

So I got bored and wanted to fool around a bit more on photoshop so since I already had a template set up from the roselia-saur I decided to try to mock up the semi alt idea suggested involving sunkern, this was the result. He looks a little silly with sunkerns eyes perhaps but I thought it was kind of fun anyways!
The eyes are so derpy! xD The rest actually looks pretty great, though.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
This is indeed a thread for that!

As mentioned, Falco's alternate slots are filled with Melee costumes in PM's current version. But eventually there could be room for more.

I'd personally love to see Adventures Falco.

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I never got why they gave 1 alt sooo many recolors in Fox, Falco and Marios case, it's just limiting the alts they could do. No alt imo should have that many recolors, 4 at most. All you really need is team colors, a black recolor isn't needed but it does look good so I'll let that one go lol. I do understand that some people use those alts that aren't needed so they can't just get rid of them. Hopefully they're able to get that cBliss thing to work so they can have more costume slots because an Adventures Falco alt is too good to pass up XD lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom