• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I side with sir Platypus as far as the shield, though I personally think that the Master Sword isn't quite the most iconic for Toony, even though it's a big Zelda weapon. He's only had it once, right? And for some reason, I think it's weird there being two Master Swords in the game, one in Link and the other in Toon Link, thought that might just be me.

I think Dark Toon Link and Dark Link deserves something a bit unique though, maybe a Lorule/Majora's Mask inspired shield, and a more generic blade. It doesn't make sense for a being of darkness and pure evil to go toting about the blade of evil's bane.
Looking at his swaps, there aren't really any good alt shields for him.
If the Four Sword isn't being used for other models or even if it is, it has more significance here because it was used to seal Vaati who was the primary protagonist of the series. If not using the Mirror Shield, they could use the red shield Shadow Link uses.

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
I don't like the idea of giving toon link the four sword, he's obviously meant to be link from wind waker and overall it just feels like change for the sake of change.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
So, since Meta Knight had his Dair based on one of his Kirby moves replaced with his Brawl Dair, I'm kinda curious how the PMDT makes their decisions on character move design. Does MK's combo-able moves prove to be more popular moves than the abilities from the games he comes from?
@Nanobuds , you wouldn't happen to know how they judge which moves get included, do you?

I'm curious because I really want this mod to be finished, and it would be amazing if it gained the PMDT's interests. Especially because I like how Ike and Meta Knight's moves look and I want to see their combo potential in PM.

Oh, also here's an old development photo of FE: Binding Blade with Roy's old design in it. I like it too.
The reversion back to brawl dair was a balance change, not a popularity one. The sword dive was far too polarizing, safe, and an easy combo starter.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I really want this mod to be finished, and it would be amazing if it gained the PMDT's interests. Especially because I like how Ike and Meta Knight's moves look and I want to see their potential/awesomeness in PM.

Oh, also here's an old development photo of FE: Binding Blade with Roy's old design in it.
I need that Roy alt in my life lol. Seriously though it would be so sick since the PMDT doesn't seem to want to do awakening looks for FE characters. Maybe it's to avoid referencing newer gamers and attracting unwanted attention from Nintendo???

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I need that Roy alt in my life lol. Seriously though it would be so sick since the PMDT doesn't seem to want to do awakening looks for FE characters. Maybe it's to avoid referencing newer gamers and attracting unwanted attention from Nintendo???
They already referenced newer games. Just look at the Skyward Sword stage. Besides, Roy has a palette for the Awakening costume, so they should just make it a full blown alt.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
X-post from PMS
Now that you're talking about Ganondorf, I'd like to see his old up tilt brought back, but without getting rid of the current one. Like, if you perform an up tilt it's the current one, but you can hold the A button to charge it (the charge would start when rising his leg), with the wind effect that would attract nearby opponents. If you release it early, it's just the current up tilt without any changes, no matter how long you pressed the button or whatever, and if you wait till it's fully charged it becomes the old up tilt, with the explosion and huge knockback.

Basically delayable up tilt + old up tilt.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
On the topic of moves/animations, I think Ike needs a different Up-Throw, it doesn't look good seeing him leave his sword stuck in the ground super-quickly, and then have it almost appear in his hand from thin air once he's done. It's especially noticeable when people chain Up-throws together.

And maybe I'm just biased, but I really don't like Ike's Up-Air. It doesn't make sense that twirling a sword above your head can hurt somebody..

Also, maybe there should be new Vegetable models for some of Peach's weaker turnips?

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
On the topic of moves/animations, I think Ike needs a different Up-Throw, it doesn't look good seeing him leave his sword stuck in the ground super-quickly, and then have it almost appear in his hand from thin air once he's done. It's especially noticeable when people chain Up-throws together.

And maybe I'm just biased, but I really don't like Ike's Up-Air. It doesn't make sense that twirling a sword above your head can hurt somebody..

Also, maybe there should be new Vegetable models for some of Peach's weaker turnips?
I'd leave out the top row of those sprites, as it would be hard to match hitboxes onto them reflecting Peach's turnips (invisible/deceptive hitboxes), but the bottom ones could easily be made and have undeceptive hitboxes, except the carrot maybe. It would be kind of neat to see PM have its own "Turnip Face" and/or unique properties to go along with such a turnip (think how Dot-Eyes and Stitchface are of notably higher caliber). Of course, if they did add their own turnip, they might have to change the probabilites of Peach's pull rates if the new turnip had an admirable quality. I think the current rates of stuff are for rare turnips/items is 1/58, with a slightly higher rate for Winking Face. Introducing another advantageous turnip might mean they would have to reduce the rates of a rare pull to something like say, 1/60 or 1/65 (arbitrary numbers). But if it's a pure cosmetic change, it wouldn't really matter

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman

Ike's up air is based off this thing the Black Knight does before he swings his sword, if you wanna know where most of his moves come from there's this video someone made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXmbuQDuAlY

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Ike's up air is based of this thing the Black Knight does before he swings his sword, if you wanna know where most of his moves come from there's this video someone made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXmbuQDuAlY
I've watched that before a while ago. It has a lot of good info in it, but Nintendo created a lot of original stuff for Ike in Brawl. He didn't talk about Ike's Down-Smash, Down-Tilt, or Nair because of that.

That's why I mentioned yesterday that mod that changes Link, Ike, and Meta Knight's movesets to be like their in-game movements, the movesets in that mod aren't perfect, but I really like the ideas for moves it mentions.

I also think it'd be sweet if Ike could attack out of a landed Aether, but that'd probably be too unfair.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I would like some different attacks for some characters, but I don't feel they're needed. If they're going to work on new movesets, they need to be for new characters instead.

I think I'd rather see the OoT alts become the primary swaps.
No. No. Nonononono.
No.

I'm really tired of the OOT/Melee models, I like them as an option, but I would be dissapointed if the Zelda/Starfox melee costumes were the default ones.
I like the default Wario because he got a reworked moveset based on Wario Land, so his original costume is more fitting, but the other characters are fine with the brawl ones as their default.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I don't think they should be going around changing moves much, as that could just alienate the people who play those characters. It may not be worth it, even if it is more authentic.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I don't think they should be going around changing moves much, as that could just alienate the people who play those characters. It may not be worth it, even if it is more authentic.
I'm with you on this one. However, a workaround solution might be to alter what the moves look like, and keep the hitboxes the same which sounds like it wouldn't work haha. It would involve more subtle changes I guess, I don't know exactly how to word it. Like with that Meta Knight move that was up here a little bit ago, bad example but you could replace the current SideB graphics with that, with the stream of swords leading the way and Meta Knight rapdily jabbing behing them. It would probably look janky though, but just to give an insight as to how it could possibly work

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
They kind of already have, with Ganondorf's reflect, Ivysaur's solar beam, heck, Charizard feels like a completely different character!

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
They kind of already have, with Ganondorf's reflect, Ivysaur's solar beam, heck, Charizard feels like a completely different character!
Well Charizard and Ivysaur may have gotten move changes compared to Brawl, but they always had those moves as far as PM is concerned. There are a few exceptions in terms of move changes, mainly for balance reasons. However, I don't think it's something they should do often, especially if there's nothing wrong with the move an it's unique.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I was thinking R.O.B could have a N64 alt. His hear could be the N64 console.

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have better images/confirmation of the Roy costume in the 3.6 trailer? It looks real awakening-y but it's so zoomed out its hard to be sure exactly.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Does anyone have better images/confirmation of the Roy costume in the 3.6 trailer? It looks real awakening-y but it's so zoomed out its hard to be sure exactly.
It's just that palette based off the Awakening costume that was in 3.5. Dark Suit Samus is the only true new costume in 3.6.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that's just his awakening themed colour they gave him in 3.5

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Anyways back to potential alts for the future, I'd love to see the PMDTs take on a forces of nature and underworld Pit

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I feel like the 3 sacred treasures would make a great alt for Pit. Though a color palette based off Viridi or Hades would be cool. I saw a pretty cool Viridi inspired alt.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the 3 sacred treasures would make a great alt for Pit. Though a color palette based off Viridi or Hades would be cool. I saw a pretty cool Viridi inspired alt.

Yeah that's forces of nature Pit, if some random guy could make it look that good the PMDT could make it look amazing

NXero

Smash Apprentice
IIRC he isn't really a member of the dev team (He should be, though) He only made some small contributions

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I was thinking R.O.B could have a N64 alt. His hear could be the N64 console.
His hands could be expansion packs, or even mini N64 controllers if modeled correctly. Maybe even Gameboy Colors to reflect that whole era haha

Edit: Or simply N64 cartridges DUH. I wonder what games would be on them? Two copies of SSB or something else?

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
How about Olimar in a red Pikmin suit? It would have a see through helmet only in his face area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom