• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Komon

Smash Rookie
Ideas for two alt costume that don't exist yet:

-Mario in his explorer outfit, as seen in Picross and Picross 2

Looks distinctive and would give representation to a long-running series that has no presence in the Smash Bros series.

-Falco from Star Fox Adventures

I have seen a costume on BrawlVault based on this. However, it only alters Falcos colors and changes part of his forehead textures to look like a bandana. It would be cool to see a more extensive effort.

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman

Looks distinctive and would give representation to a long-running series that has no presence in the Smash Bros series.

I have seen a costume on BrawlVault based on this. However, it only alters Falcos colors and changes part of his forehead textures to look like a bandana. It would be cool to see a more extensive effort.
Mario and Falcos costume slots are all taken sadly

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

I started making that, but lazy and I hate skinning.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Skin wrap is a lazy modder's friend.
Also yoo that looks good.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Worth noting that the PMDT just tweeted this for those that don't know:

It's weird that they just tweeted this now considering how long 3.5 has been out. I guess they thought this was their golden opportunity for some reason.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Probably because so few people play with items and it went unnoticed. I flipped my table when I saw it in a trailer since I had been trying to do that myself.

rockto_ap

Smash Rookie
Here are a few suggestions for new costumes for fighters.

Ness: Robot, EB64 Ness guy

Lucas: Masked Man Claus, Unmasked Pigmask

Sheik: Tetra, Zelda-like

Zelda: NES pallet

Link: Fierce Deity, NES pallet

Toon Link: Skull Kid, Young Link, Spirit Tracks Link, Minish Cap

Gannondorf: Yuga pallet

Mewtwo: Giygas

Pikachu: Mystery Dungeon Scarf

Lucario: Riley Hat

Squirtle: Mystery Dungeon Scarf

Charizard: Ridley-like

Ivysaur: Venusaur-like

Mario: NES pallet, Punch-out referee

Luigi: Dr. Luigi

Bowser: Wedding suit (Paper Mario)

Peach: Ashley-like, Wedding Dress (Paper Mario)

Yoshi: Wool Yoshi

Diddy Kong: Dixie Kong-like

Nanobuds

Smash Ace

And almost all of these have no chance of being made into alts.

Source: I'm Nanobuds.
Also this: http://projectmgame.com/en/news/alternate-costumes-blogpost

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
If you guys want robot Ness you gotta deal with my lazy ass working on updating it.
kappa.png

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm not even sure where to begin. The skins in Project M never cease to amaze me.

@ Nanobuds Nanobuds are you still doing work for the Infinite Smash Team?

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
I never understood the aversion to doing a masked man color for the lucas alt, he has a Claus version of his regular outfit, why not the alt?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I still want orange Mewtwo. I'll give you my firstborn if you add orange Mewtwo. I'll give you both my firstborn and my secondborn if you add orange Mewtwo in armor!
Source: I'm Nanobuds.
Extreme laughing.
I never understood the aversion to doing a masked man color for the lucas alt, he has a Claus version of his regular outfit, why not the alt?
Yeah, it definitely has awesome potential for another palette swap, it's different enough, and like you said, a Claus version. And even better, there'd still be two more slots for whatever Project M wants. A few people, I think, say it's too spoilery, and it changes the identity of the character too much. I beg to differ. Especially since the trophy for Lucas is pretty spoilery itself I think.

I don't know enough about Lucas and Mother 3 to guess whatever the last two swaps could be, lots of people seem to want a pig outfit though, which could go nicely with the Masked Man pose. I wouldn't be opposed to two new palette swaps.

The TL;DR version of that Project M article is basically "our stuff is cool and this is how some of the stuff do", as well as the rules for their costume guidelines, which don't seem to be on the main thread anymore:
  • Can't reference a different game outside of their universe,
  • Can't change the character identity,
  • Should maintain the personality of the character
  • Can't drastically change the silhouette of the character, and must still be recognizable as that character,
  • No Smash 4 content, copyright infringement, obscenity, etc
  • Must match the TF2 style.
And most of the characters you mentioned can't have more costumes; Ness, Link, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Mario, and Yoshi.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Not an alt costume but I remember reading somewhere that Squirtles red pallete swap is a reference to Charmander. You should change his shell to black so it can be a reference to Torkoal. Not that it's a big deal though, just that it makes more sense to reference other turtle pokemon imo

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I'm not even sure where to begin. The skins in Project M never cease to amaze me.

@ Nanobuds Nanobuds are you still doing work for the Infinite Smash Team?
No one has posted on IST since September. Considring the leader of it left sometime ago, and I, the co-leader of IST have also fallen off the wagon as far as mods go, I doubt anyone can really consider themselves part of it anymore. The only big team that's still alive in brawl modding is the PMBR as most people just play Sm4sh now

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
This is probably outside of the Project M Development Team's jurisdiction, but it'd be really cool if Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong had voices akin to theirs in Donkey Kong 64.
Not an alt costume but I remember reading somewhere that Squirtles red pallete swap is a reference to Charmander. You should change his shell to black so it can be a reference to Torkoal. Not that it's a big deal though, just that it makes more sense to reference other turtle pokemon imo
And - of course, the black and red is a classic combination.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
It would be a walking Mother 3 spoiler, I'm pretty sure they don't want to have any plot revealing things in the main game.

Also I made a Claus version lmaoo
No one has posted on IST since September. Considring the leader of it left sometime ago, and I, the co-leader of IST have also fallen off the wagon as far as mods go, I doubt anyone can really consider themselves part of it anymore. The only big team that's still alive in brawl modding is the PMBR as most people just play Sm4sh now
Can confirm that most mod teams are dead.
Source: I'm the only active StackSmash member.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It would be a walking Mother 3 spoiler, I'm pretty sure they don't want to have any plot revealing things in the main game.
Implying Sakurai didn't already spoil Mother 3 by adding New Pork City to the game as well as having any Mother 3 related content revolve around Porky.

The "walking spoiler" argument is bull**** and you guys know it.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Implying Sakurai didn't already spoil Mother 3 by adding New Pork City to the game as well as having any Mother 3 related content revolve around Porky.

Yeah, Mother 3 is now nearly a decade old. I think we're past the point of worrying about spoilers.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace

I wouldn't really call a location a spoiler, but Porky, sure.
Yeah, Mother 3 is now nearly a decade old. I think we're past the point of worrying about spoilers.
I don't like the argument that just because something is old that we can spoil everything. There are still people that haven't played the older things, especially if you're younger.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I wouldn't really call a location a spoiler, but Porky, sure.
When the first available piece of content from Mother 3 aside from Lucas is New Pork, then yes it's a spoiler; especially in a game like Mother 3 (aka the ending to a trilogy where all the games serve relevance to one another). No other stage in Brawl is that significant to their respective game.

Going from Brawl to Mother 3 ruins the entire surprise. For the most part of the game you're fighting an unknown threat; it isn't until Thunder Tower that you get an idea of who it is (especially if you haven't played Earthbound prior).

Last edited:

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
I would shocked to meet someone who knows who knows anything about mother 3 who doesn't know masked man is Claus.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I don't like the argument that just because something is old that we can spoil everything. There are still people that haven't played the older things, especially if you're younger.
I doubt there are many people here who don't know about his identity. I knew before I played Mother, and that was years ago. And if you're talking about people outside the Smash community, then what are the chances they want to play both Mother 3 and Project M in the first place?
I would shocked to meet someone who knows who knows anything about mother 3 who doesn't know masked man is Claus.
Yeah, pretty much. It's one of those spoilers that anyone who's even heard of the game enough that they want to play it knows about. Like Sheik being Zelda or Goku becoming a Super Saiyan.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
From the Lucas trophy:
"He fights a warped dictatorship, hunts the Seven Needles, and crosses swords with his missing brother, Claus."

Spoiler's already in the game.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Because he has the Masked Man disguise as an alt, I presume.

A small detail that would be cool, if unnoticed, would be if the bit of blue on Roy's blade was the same color of his respective recolors.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Because he has the Masked Man disguise as an alt, I presume.

A small detail that would be cool, if unnoticed, would be if the bit of blue on Roy's blade was the same color of his respective recolors.
I love small touches like that, I personally want the same for Meta Knight's jewel on Galaxia.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I love small touches like that, I personally want the same for Meta Knight's jewel on Galaxia.
Speaking of which, did you ever get that Classic Meta Knight to work? I really wanna see it in-game.

Another small detail I would like to see changed next update is the colors of Wolf's Classic recolors. Green fur on Wolf looks weird, I like the brown fur of his original recolor.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
This is technically an art. Does anyone know if it's possible to change Pokémon attributes? It'd be REALLY cool if they were able to give each Pokémon an additional texture, so that there's a 1% chance that it'll be shiny.

I've been playing Omega Ruby a lot and am kind of Pokémon obsessed.
I've never caught a shiny other than red Gyarados.
Speaking of which, did you ever get that Classic Meta Knight to work? I really wanna see it in-game.
Naw, I lazy. I don't even know if I still have it...

Another small detail I would like to see changed next update is the colors of Wolf's Classic recolors. Green fur on Wolf looks weird, I like the brown fur of his original recolor.
I should make that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom