• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
EDIT: In fact, I was so told that the PMBR doesn't want fan art of characters in game as Alt Costumes.. Yet they have Concept art Meta Knight, who isn't canon to any Kirby games AFAIK.
Concept art MK was an actual concept from an official Kirby art book iirc not a fan-art thing.

Last edited:

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys with alt costumes should come with different taunts for each one example
Falcos background said he was intoa lot of bad things before he joined star fox
so make a costume related to a thug like gold shine black colors and neon mohawk
make him pull out a blunt or a beer for his taunt
My thoughts have been spoken

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
So if the PMBR allows any outfit as an Alt Costume, why is it that I've heard that they don't want Mega Evolution alt costumes due to it possibly getting heat from Nintendo?
EDIT: In fact, I was so told that the PMBR doesn't want fan art of characters in game as Alt Costumes.. Yet they have Concept art Meta Knight, who isn't canon to any Kirby games AFAIK.
As said above, Concept Meta Knight isn't fan art, since it's official art work.
And it isn't 100% canon, but we wanted to include it, so we did. It is still a part of the Kirby series in a way.
We aren't doing fan characters like "Nazo the hedgehog" and other silly things like that.

Mega Evolutions are a no-go due to us trying to avoid getting on the bad side of Nintendo or the Pokemon Company.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
As said above, Concept Meta Knight isn't fan art, since it's official art work.
And it isn't 100% canon, but we wanted to include it, so we did.
We aren't doing fan characters like "Nazo the hedgehog" and other silly things like that.

Mega Evolutions are a no-go due to us trying to avoid getting on the bad side of Nintendo or the Pokemon Company.
Alright, so long as that's all they care about.
I got a couple good ideas for Mr. Game & Watch Alt costumes. Let me know what you think of them.
Mario's hat from Mario Bros. Game & Watch.
http://nintendookie.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/mario-bros-gw.jpg

The helmet, from the game "Helmet".
http://www.mobile1up.com/gw-helmet/helmet-ingame.jpg
(Wishful thought: he throws tools instead of food)

The Cowboy hat from Fire Attack.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/zD2HIxIX7X4/hqdefault.jpg

Shin F.

Smash Master
Alright, so long as that's all they care about.
I got a couple good ideas for Mr. Game & Watch Alt costumes. Let me know what you think of them.
Mario's hat from Mario Bros. Game & Watch.
http://nintendookie.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/mario-bros-gw.jpg

The helmet, from the game "Helmet".
http://www.mobile1up.com/gw-helmet/helmet-ingame.jpg
(Wishful thought: he throws tools instead of food)

The Cowboy hat from Fire Attack.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/zD2HIxIX7X4/hqdefault.jpg
About Game & Watch - I don't think he'll get anything more than recolors. You see, in Brawl, most character costumes actually load their own models and textures, so it's possible to make them unique. But Game and Watch is different because he always loads the same model for every single costume and just swaps the material colors. PMBR is magic and might be able to make it happen, but just letting you know so you're not overly disappointed if he doesn't get any unique costumes.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
About Game & Watch - I don't think he'll get anything more than recolors. You see, in Brawl, most character costumes actually load their own models and textures, so it's possible to make them unique. But Game and Watch is different because he always loads the same model for every single costume and just swaps the material colors. PMBR is magic and might be able to make it happen, but just letting you know so you're not overly disappointed if he doesn't get any unique costumes.
Alright. Well I'm sure it's possible they'll figure something out.
I wanted to bring G&W costumes up because I've yet to see any G&W costume ideas here.

Shin F.

Smash Master
A way to give people 14 costumes was discovered...
Haven't heard of it, unless it's the method I already know - in which case, it's not likely to happen since it requires you to relocate every single character's cosmetics, which I don't see PMBR doing for just a few costumes, and especially not for rule 63, which I personally hope never happens.
If it's something else that's new, though, :4link: pls.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
ANYWAYS..

I was just thinking, Link would have to ditch 3 of his palette swaps if we were to get all the costumes I want for him..
The New Zelda "Outset" Link
Skyward Sword Link (or his outfit prior to gaining his iconic tunic)
Ordon Farmer Link
Hyrule Warriors Link
I guess I'd be okay with Link having only a green, red, and blue set of palettes for his standard look, but which do you guys think is the best Alt costume for Link?

Tero.

Smash Champion
1) Get rid of the Fusion recolor and add actual Fusion Suits

Can't live without the Fusion Suit anymore. Make it happen. (Fusion Gravity <3)

2) Get rid of the Dark Suit recolor and add an actual Dark Suit

3) Update the Gravity Suit so it looks more like MP1

4) Update the Pink Recolor with a green Helmet to make it represent the "Justin Bailey" Suit from the classic Metroid

5) Add the Light Suit

6) Add the Phazon Suit

7) Add the Hazard Shield

8) Add the PED Suit

I would love the PMBR forever.
Even tho I know this is probably a little bit too much to ask I think that 1 to 5 would be easily possible and more realistic.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
*Returns to this thread, sees Zero Suit Falco, hides in his "Unnecessary Deviantart Showcase"-bunker*

Edit: Spare Luigi from such artistic liberties please.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
But of course he does!

I mean, here it is right here.
Please ignore the "eerios" you see on the back of this card. It was definitely not from a cereal box.

Would love to see these as alts. They were from some official event at Kyoto:

Hatless Toon link would be a nice mixup:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So in a Sm4sh pic of the day Sakurai showed off a palette swap of Link in his SS starting clothes.
http://images.gamenguide.com/data/images/full/12958/super-smash-bros-link.jpg?w=720
If the outfit from the new Zelda Wii U game gets added to PM, I think it should also include a recolor of Skyward Sword Link's clothes.
http://wiiudaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/zelda-screenshot-11.png?af4e70
What do you guys think? Would this work? Is it a good idea?? Am I going crazy from lack of updates on the P:M homepage??!!

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I know Mourning Robe would be the proper choice as an Alt Costume for Zelda since its the only new costume she wears in Twilight Princess, buut..
Any of these costumes would be acceptable.

Skyward Sword Zelda.

Link to the Past Maid Zelda.

Link to the Past Princess Zelda.

And finally:

Hyrule Warriors Zelda.
*Zelda,*
Because blondes are more fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom