• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Today on Kitty Corp someone said that Melee Zelda and Shiek skins were confirmed alts for the next update. Does anyone know about this?
Melee Zelda wouldn't be that bad of a skin -I guess-, I still would rather have the mourning robe Zelda.
But the *Melee* Shiek? That's like the exact same outfit Shiek's already wearing.. Ugh.
And still no sign of a Melee Ganon confirmed..

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Today on Kitty Corp someone said that Melee Zelda and Shiek skins were confirmed alts for the next update. Does anyone know about this?
What threads are you going to where someone would just confirm that? I'm pretty sure I would see it, I'm pretty active there.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I've just noticed, how come nobody's ever brought up making TP Link's Ordon Village attire an Alt Costume for Link? If they really wanted, they could give him the Ordon Sword and Shield as well.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Here's Smash Samus vs. Prime Samus.

As you can see, Prime has a much more realistic Samus design, but that's to be expected.

I honestly like the Prime version much more. Wouldn't mind an entire set of costumes/colors based on that design.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
What threads are you going to where someone would just confirm that? I'm pretty sure I would see it, I'm pretty active there.
I actually don't have an account on KC. I just get textures off of Brawl Vault. The username slips my mind a the moment, but I came across his thread because he's made Melee Remastered skins for almost the entire Project M cast. When I get off mobile I'll check and edit in the username.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I actually don't have an account on KC. I just get textures off of Brawl Vault. The username slips my mind a the moment, but I came across his thread because he's made Melee Remastered skins for almost the entire Project M cast. When I get off mobile I'll check and edit in the username.
Oh haha AlGeorgeRomo, that's just another costume maker like I am, he probably was just announcing that he was making them, he isn't a PMBR member. I was actually collaborating with him for a Melee Toon Link and some model edits for a Melee/Brawl Ganondorf.

EDIT: Oh I saw that he said the new PM is going to have Melee Zelda/Sheik, he's probably just assuming this based on how many Melee costumes are in 3.0 right now, he has just as much info as we do.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Here's Smash Samus vs. Prime Samus.

As you can see, Prime has a much more realistic Samus design, but that's to be expected.

I honestly like the Prime version much more. Wouldn't mind an entire set of costumes/colors based on that design.
All I really see is Prime Samus being much skinnier, and Brawl Samus is bulkier. Not really seeing how the proportions are that messed up. Other than maybe Brawl Samus's thighs being a tad long.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Gah, I remember DemonBoy was making a really good Fusion Suit Samus with an animated arm cannon and good rig, he went inactive after the dumb "Project M leak" thing. Too bad he didn't release his unfinished stuff.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Gah, I remember DemonBoy was making a really good Fusion Suit Samus with an animated arm cannon and good rig, he went inactive after the dumb "Project M leak" thing. Too bad he didn't release his unfinished stuff.
#NeverForget #WhatMightHaveBeen #WastedPotential #SadSongPlaysOnRadio #likdisifucrievrytim

UltimateWario

Smash Master
All I really see is Prime Samus being much skinnier, and Brawl Samus is bulkier. Not really seeing how the proportions are that messed up. Other than maybe Brawl Samus's thighs being a tad long.
Dude, Brawl Samus's head is like, twice the size of Prime Samus's.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Dude, Brawl Samus's head is like, twice the size of Prime Samus's.
Alright, there's that, but it could've been oversized for extra armor, or in the more obvious case, so you could see her head between her two giant shoulder pads.
EDIT: I'm actually not gonna bother trying to explain Samus's rediculous proportions. If you google Metroid Samus proportions there's forums that talk about it for days.

Technically, if you were to get past the fact that the suit's abdominal area would be crushing her insides similar to a corset.. Or her arms having to be twice as long in order to be able to get the arm through the part where the shoulders are attached.. Or even that her helmet only really should be half the size of her head.. If there were any ways her suit were to actually maneuver in ways that involve moving her arms above her head, the shoulder pads would need to be removed from the suit entirely, or rolled back, as if they were attached to the shoulder blades.
The Super Metroid Samus, as much as it's my favorite iteration of her, is probably the worst for proportions, but you suspend disbelief because sci-fi.

HOWEVER, if you want something to look at for how Samus 'officially' looks in her suit, then look no further.

And just because I'm getting used to the sight of a more proportionate Suit, here's a nice picture of the original Metroid Prime Varia suit compared to the released version.

As you can see, the biceps connect to the shoulders better in the original concept, and the helmet looks like it would actually fit her head. AND the waistline doesn't look that bad!

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
That's sick. The taunt she does in one of the pictures where her jets fire off just reminded me how much I want that taunt back. :(
But, now we have a decent Dark, Light, and P.E.D. Suit, now we just need a decent Fusion and Power Suit, and I'll be happy.
Also, I just looked up Hypernova Kirby. Looks sick. Also its kinda hilarious that his ability is to suck up pretty much anything and everything.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
That's sick. The taunt she does in one of the pictures where her jets fire off just reminded me how much I want that taunt back. :(
But, now we have a decent Dark, Light, and P.E.D. Suit, now we just need a decent Fusion and Power Suit, and I'll be happy.
Also, I just looked up Hypernova Kirby. Looks sick. Also its kinda hilarious that his ability is to suck up pretty much anything and everything.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Just a question, is the PMBR only going to include
EDIT: whoops. I didn't realize this message sent. I was going to ask I'd the PMBR is going to only include alt costumes that are from games that were released before Brawl. But then I realized Peach's Fire Peach alt costume was inspired by the Fire Peach from Super Mario 3D World, so I'm assuming they'll add what they can get away with.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Alright, we need to have the modern Roy as a skin then for sure.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130503001034/fireemblem/images/2/2f/DlcRoyKakusei.jpg
Do you think they'll add Ike's outfit in Brawl?
I dunno if the PMBR is planning on adding the costumes that you're suggesting, but I do know that the Smash 3 Project is. You can find them in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-page-19-announcement.340807/ They're still a work in progress, but I've seen the Ike model they are texturing and it looks identical to the one in Smash 4.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Last edited:

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Yes. I even suggested earlier that his scarf could be bound to his hat's bones. Someone actually uploaded one like that on the vault today. The scarf clips through his back in a lot of animations, though, so I'm not sure if PMBR would use it unless they manage to find a way around that. I'm sure it's possible.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204580
I could see it being a little trouble but it would be so awesome

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Well, I would love to suggest some alt. costumes, but maybe you talked about these ones before...

[collapse=Suggestions]

:warioc:- soccer player kit

:mario2: - Sunshine beach look, soccer player kit

:luigi2:- Vacuum equiped skin, soccer player kit

:peach: - soccer player skin, soccer player kit

:bowser2: - soccer player kit

:yoshi2: - soccer player kit, Yoshi's Wooly World style

:dk2: - soccer player kit

:diddy: - soccer player kit

:zelda: - Melee look

:sheik: - Melee look

:link2: - Ordon farmer, Zora suit (TP), A Link to the Past artworks model

:toonlink: - I'm not sure if it's possible, but I would kill for a Melee Young Link model

:ganondorf: - Melee look, Wind Waker look

:lucario: - Mega Lucario

:samus2: - Dark Suit, Fusion Suit, Light Suit, Varia suit without helmet

:ness2: - robot look (from one of the moments in MOTHER 2)

:pit: - old game artwork model

:ike: - this model :4myfriends:

:snake: - Old Snake

:sonic: - Classic Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog

[/collapse]

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So if the PMBR allows any outfit as an Alt Costume, why is it that I've heard that they don't want Mega Evolution alt costumes due to it possibly getting heat from Nintendo?
EDIT: In fact, I was so told that the PMBR doesn't want fan art of characters in game as Alt Costumes.. Yet they have Concept art Meta Knight, who isn't canon to any Kirby games AFAIK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom