• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerulean

Smash Cadet

It's actually quite similar to mine. But I don't understand the hate for OoT costumes. About Link, his face is different, his Shield is different, his boots, gloves, tunic, ears, hat, everything. And about Zelda/Sheik, I don't see any other possibility and so on for Ganondorf.

About Squirtle, just no. Because if the Original Squirtle and the Squirtle with Glasses are to fight eachother it would lead to a confusion. You have to keep in mind that Alt. Costumes must not confuse you with the original ones.

About Pit, that's neat actually. And I didn't know that even existed.

Also the reason I didn't add Snake or Sonic is because I think other companies have licenses over them. So they probably won't get extra costumes from other games. Such as Old Snake from MGS4 or Classic Sonic(WHICH WOULD BE SO AWESOME) from Sonic Generations.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
That Classic Falcon looks amazing. I really like it a lot. A simple few changes from our current Falcon, but it looks awesome. I would love to use it!

B.W.

Smash Champion
I don't think his alt from SA2 would even be an issue with anything. I don't any kind of alternate costume would be unless it was a complete character swap to something that was related to a completely different game that's not present in Brawl in any way, shape, or form.

I don't hate the OoT Zelda skins, honestly. It's just that we have the ability to be way less boring about costumes. OoT Link and TP Link are different, but they're not so different that it merits being an alternate costume if you could take from something more unique.

Also I already said Squirtle's alt being glasses Squirtle isn't doable because you can already but glasses on Squirtle in the first place.

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
I don't hate the OoT Zelda skins, honestly. It's just that we have the ability to be way less boring about costumes. OoT Link and TP Link are different, but they're not so different that it merits being an alternate costume if you could take from something more unique.

More unique like what?

EDIT: Also OoT costumes are actually fan favorites and look 100x better than TP's (Talking for Link and Ganondorf, Zelda looks better in TP) so I wouldn't call them boring

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
More unique like what?

EDIT: Also OoT costumes are actually fan favorites and look 100x better than TP's (Talking for Link and Ganondorf, Zelda looks better in TP) so I wouldn't call them boring
I'd assume Farmer Link is far more unique than the standard Link in Green Tunic look. I'd call the OOT costume boring because it's just a retread of what he always seems to look like and we already basically have that look, just slightly different. In any case, Ocarina of Time/Melee Link isn't different enough to really seem to warrant it as his alternate costume. I know I mentioned Skyward Sword Link when I posted about what I'd like to see, but everyone saying that it's basically the same stuff is right. Farmer/Villager Link would be the way to go.

B.W.

Smash Champion
That's a matter of opinion.

You also talked about in characters alts needed to look different from each other. Sure they look different, but do they look different enough to not regularly confuse one green Link with the other? Ordon Link would be a better alt because of this.

Big bulky Brawl Ganondorf in OoT clothing would be fine because it's still the same Ganondorf, you're not really breaking any rules there. Those outfits also look different enough to not constantly confuse one with the other.

Zelda and Sheik are going to be two of the biggest pains.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
IMO, this is pretty opinion based. Between the two games, neither of the designs are arbitrarily better.

I personally prefer the Twilight Princess designs, but that's beside the point.

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
That's a matter of opinion.

You also talked about in characters alts needed to look different from each other. Sure they look different, but do they look different enough to not regularly confuse one green Link with the other? Ordon Link would be a better alt because of this.

Big bulky Brawl Ganondorf in OoT clothing would be fine because it's still the same Ganondorf, you're not really breaking any rules there. Those outfits also look different enough to not constantly confuse one with the other.

Zelda and Sheik are going to be two of the biggest pains.
I'd assume Farmer Link is far more unique than the standard Link in Green Tunic look. I'd call the OOT costume boring because it's just a retread of what he always seems to look like and we already basically have that look, just slightly different. In any case, Ocarina of Time/Melee Link isn't different enough to really seem to warrant it as his alternate costume. I know I mentioned Skyward Sword Link when I posted about what I'd like to see, but everyone saying that it's basically the same stuff is right. Farmer/Villager Link would be the way to go.
Just because Ordon Link is too different doesn't mean it's the way to go. I personally don't want to see Link in pajamas fighting with Arrows, Boomerangs, bombs, Hylian Shield/Ordon Shield and Master Sword/Wooden sword, because Link didn't obtain those while he had his Ordon outfit on. On the other hand, OoT Link... Well who knows maybe those PMBR wizards will make a new model that would make OoT Link look badass (More than it already is). And yes, OoT's Green is different than the normal green, and the whole model would be just different. The green in OoT Link is much darker. I personally use one of kc-mm's hackers OoT Link and I play it against a normal Link without a problem, no confusion at all.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Regarding the Link discussion, I think a costume that you only wear for a portion of a game, that being the same game from which the main costume comes, is far less interesting than having a whole new character that you play as for an entire game (or more than one!), that being a different game than is already being represented, and that can have its own equipment and voices.
That goes for Outset Link, as well. ALttP and NES and FoE Links also have the added interest of having never before been seen in 3D, much less Smash.

The most amazing aspect of ACE is that it allows new move properties and sounds. Regardless of the quality of the suggestions made in this thread, for better or worse, most of them do not make use of that, or at least none mentioned. As an exercise in creativity, I've been trying to think of some that do.

Obviously, alternate Zelda characters have different voices and equipment.

Sonic's blur colors are something I've been disappointed couldn't be changed since the beginning.

I really liked MVP's suggestion of alternate beam graphics and sounds for Samus. It's a cool, non-intrusive way to introduce that aspect of her character, and her beams (even the same one in different games) have as at least as many different appearances as she does suits.

Original Pit has his own arrows and bow, and his attacks with the later could use bludgeoning sfx instead of slashing.

The paraconfirmed Shadow Queen Peach could use starry-sky-hands instead of hearts or Toad, with dark clouds instead of spores.

Blue Flames and explosion for Dry Bowser.

Eggs finally changing color with Yoshi.

Beta Knight seems pretty popular, and allows for some creativity, although he doesn't have many moves with graphics. Personally, he's giving me a "rainbow fairy" vibe, so I'd run with that and make the Tornado into a cone of sparkles or graphics reminiscent of Beam or Mirror Kirby, and maybe give Dimensional Cape a flash of color.

Yarn Kirby, yarn stuff. Perhaps each costume slot could have its own easter egg Stones, as well.

Masked Dedede seems popular, and he also wielded his own hammer with some electric effects that could be used, perhaps restricted to when in Jet mode.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Beta Knight seems pretty popular, and allows for some creativity, although he doesn't have many moves with graphics. Personally, he's giving me a "rainbow fairy" vibe, so I'd run with that and make the Tornado into a cone of sparkles or graphics reminiscent of Beam or Mirror Kirby, and maybe give Dimensional Cape a flash of color.

Must...have...announcer...call...BETA KNIGHT!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just because Ordon Link is too different doesn't mean it's the way to go. I personally don't want to see Link in pajamas fighting with Arrows, Boomerangs, bombs, Hylian Shield/Ordon Shield and Master Sword/Wooden sword, because Link didn't obtain those while he had his Ordon outfit on. On the other hand, OoT Link... Well who knows maybe those PMBR wizards will make a new model that would make OoT Link look badass (More than it already is). And yes, OoT's Green is different than the normal green, and the whole model would be just different. The green in OoT Link is much darker. I personally use one of kc-mm's hackers OoT Link and I play it against a normal Link without a problem, no confusion at all.
It's possible that they could use OOT Link, but the problem I see with that is that his colors, while it might be a little bolder at times, are exactly the same as TP's Link. It isn't different enough from the normal Link you can already use to really consider it a true alternate costume, especially because you could probably achieve the same alternate color boldness by increasing the natural saturation on Link's tunics.

Ganondorf and Zelda, most definitely look drastically different. I guess that's what happens when you basically make your main character look like a clone with minor differences (of course there are exceptions, but OOT and TP aren't among them) from game to game. I assume that if they take the path of giving Tink the Outset costume, they'll likely give Link the Ordon costume consistency's sake. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm guessing.

All in all, it's up to the PMBR to decide what the right path is for Link and while we all might have preferences and ideas, we can only wait for them to make their choice.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
OoT link is boring. like... incredibly boring. we want to make all of these cool alt outfits, and the one popular idea for link is basically "take out a bunch of brawl link's features and slightly change his hair"? really?

not even arguing in ordon link's favor, but it's a 1000x better idea than a slight recolor and removal.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It's possible that they could use OOT Link, but the problem I see with that is that his colors, while it might be a little bolder at times, are exactly the same as TP's Link. It isn't different enough from the normal Link you can already use to really consider it a true alternate costume, especially because you could probably achieve the same alternate color boldness by increasing the natural saturation on Link's tunics.

Ganondorf and Zelda, most definitely look drastically different. I guess that's what happens when you basically make your main character look like a clone with minor differences (of course there are exceptions, but OOT and TP aren't among them) from game to game. I assume that if they take the path of giving Tink the Outset costume, they'll likely give Link the Ordon costume consistency's sake. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm guessing.

All in all, it's up to the PMBR to decide what the right path is for Link and while we all might have preferences and ideas, we can only wait for them to make their choice.
I don't understand people arguing that TP and OoT Link look too similar. They really don't! OoT's Link has more vibrant colors, bigger ears, a sharper nose, no chain mail, brighter hair, a different hairstyle...plus their equipment looks different, and OoT has extra option for shields and gloves.

The difference between Ordon Link and Outset Link is that Outset Link can be used throughout the entire game. The only pieces of equipment Ordon Link ever uses are a wooden sword and a slingshot. He never uses the Master Sword, he never uses the bow, nor the boomerang, clawshot, or bombs, and certainly not a shield.

OoT Link would be a simpler swap than Ordon Link. He'd be a more canon swap than Ordon Link. And in my (and many people's) opinion, he'd look far better than Ordon Link (or than TP Link, for that matter).

Regarding the Link discussion, I think a costume that you only wear for a portion of a game, that being the same game from which the main costume comes, is far less interesting than having a whole new character that you play as for an entire game (or more than one!), that being a different game than is already being represented, and that can have its own equipment and voices.
To be fair, you can actually use Toonie's Outset clothing for the entire game, so it's perfectly possible for him to use all his WW equipment while in the pajamas. And I'd rather see that than them shoving, say, ALttP Link in. (Though if he had pink hair...)

OoT link is boring. like... incredibly boring. we want to make all of these cool alt outfits, and the one popular idea for link is basically "take out a bunch of brawl link's features and slightly change his hair"? really?

not even arguing in ordon link's favor, but it's a 1000x better idea than a slight recolor and removal.
Yeah, it's the most popular idea. A lot of people think he looks better in OoT and Melee than in TP and Brawl. I really don't understand why people think Ordon Link looks good.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think TP Link's Ordon outfit looks fine... in the artwork. Thought the model and textures looked terrible in the actual game.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I don't understand people arguing that TP and OoT Link look too similar. They really don't! OoT's Link has more vibrant colors, bigger ears, a sharper nose, no chain mail, brighter hair, a different hairstyle...plus their equipment looks different, and OoT has extra option for shields and gloves.
Green tunic, red tunic, blue tunic, white tunic, gold tunic, Dark Link. That is the color scheme for Ocarina of Time/Melee Link. Purely based upon this, at a distance with two characters using similar colors on the same essential character, they are very similar. The saturation of the colors isn't the point, as the costumes designed to be similar to eachother. This is a fact that even Zelda canon acknowledges as the garb of the hero. I completely get that there are minor differences between different variations of Link, like gloves, shield design, boots, stuff like that, but they're designed to all have the same overall feel and that overall feel is what would make TP and OOT Link too similar to warrant putting in unless they made some drastic changes to the color options available as OOT Link.

The difference between Ordon Link and Outset Link is that Outset Link can be used throughout the entire game. The only pieces of equipment Ordon Link ever uses are a wooden sword and a slingshot. He never uses the Master Sword, he never uses the bow, nor the boomerang, clawshot, or bombs, and certainly not a shield.
I get where you're coming from in this, but what would actually stop Link from wearing those clothes during his adventure, outside of game limitations?

OoT Link would be a simpler swap than Ordon Link. He'd be a more canon swap than Ordon Link. And in my (and many people's) opinion, he'd look far better than Ordon Link (or than TP Link, for that matter).
I have to vehemently disagree with the notion that OOT Link is more canon. It's not. Brawl and PM Link, whether we like it or not is TP Link and his alternate costume from TP is Ordon Link. Simply following the logic of "Same character different clothes", it's easy to see why Ordon makes more sense as an alternate costume of this TP Link. Whether the design looks better or not than the TP clothes shouldn't really matter in this context, since Twilight Princess Link does in fact wear these Ordon villager clothes.

In any case, it's interesting to discuss and think about.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Green tunic, red tunic, blue tunic, white tunic, gold tunic, Dark Link. That is the color scheme for Ocarina of Time/Melee Link. Purely based upon this, at a distance with two characters using similar colors on the same essential character, they are very similar. The saturation of the colors isn't the point, as the costumes designed to be similar to eachother. This is a fact that even Zelda canon acknowledges as the garb of the hero. I completely get that there are minor differences between different variations of Link, like gloves, shield design, boots, stuff like that, but they're designed to all have the same overall feel and that overall feel is what would make TP and OOT Link too similar to warrant putting in unless they made some drastic changes to the color options available as OOT Link.
They'd look different enough that you could easily tell the difference in a fight. It's not like the PMBR is gonna give him the exact same shades if they put OoT Link as the alt. They'd use his OoT/Melee shades, which are quite different from his TP/Brawl shades. Plus the other differences in clothing would make the two Links stand out even more. Are you really gonna try and tell me that, even if they were the exact same clothes, you would get the two different colors mixed up? When one is faded and one is vibrant?

Plus I want black tunic Link back, not Dark Link. =(

I get where you're coming from in this, but what would actually stop Link from wearing those clothes during his adventure, outside of game limitations?
Nothing. But he doesn't. Just like SS Link doesn't wear his novice clothes and ST Link gets his conductor clothes optionally at the end of the game. WW Link is the only one that can wear separate clothing for the entire game, and as such, the only one that wouldn't look weird using his endgame equipment in his intro clothing. (Actually Conductor Link would work too.)

I have to vehemently disagree with the notion that OOT Link is more canon. It's not. Brawl and PM Link, whether we like it or not is TP Link and his alternate costume from TP is Ordon Link. Simply following the logic of "Same character different clothes", it's easy to see why Ordon makes more sense as an alternate costume of this TP Link. Whether the design looks better or not than the TP clothes shouldn't really matter in this context, since Twilight Princess Link does in fact wear these Ordon villager clothes.

In any case, it's interesting to discuss and think about.
Right, same character different clothes, except that we know that Link is an exception to the same character rule, so sticking to TP Link isn't necessary. If it had to be the exact same Link, then yeah, the Ordon clothes could be an option (though one of his armors would be preferable), but we know that's not how it is, so why should we have to stick to outfits provided by TP when there are other options available to us?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
They'd look different enough that you could easily tell the difference in a fight. It's not like the PMBR is gonna give him the exact same shades if they put OoT Link as the alt. They'd use his OoT/Melee shades, which are quite different from his TP/Brawl shades. Plus the other differences in clothing would make the two Links stand out even more. Are you really gonna try and tell me that, even if they were the exact same clothes, you would get the two different colors mixed up? When one is faded and one is vibrant?
I know that there are differences, but are you going to tell me that you wouldn't be capable of getting characters mixed up when they have the same basic appearance and a very similar color scheme? I know for a fact that I could make a mistake playing as two characters with varying vibrancy but the same basic color scheme on certain stages, so I don't doubt that others might as well.

Plus I want black tunic Link back, not Dark Link. =(
They should have TP Link with black tunic too, though a purple tunic would also be neat to see to reference four swords.

Nothing. But he doesn't. Just like SS Link doesn't wear his novice clothes and ST Link gets his conductor clothes optionally at the end of the game. WW Link is the only one that can wear separate clothing for the entire game, and as such, the only one that wouldn't look weird using his endgame equipment in his intro clothing. (Actually Conductor Link would work too.)
Yeah, I get that he doesn't, but that shouldn't really factor into a choice to give Link a new look. With that in mind, screw Outset Link. Let's see some Conductor Link action, PMBR?

Right, same character different clothes, except that we know that Link is an exception to the same character rule, so sticking to TP Link isn't necessary. If it had to be the exact same Link, then yeah, the Ordon clothes could be an option (though one of his armors would be preferable), but we know that's not how it is, so why should we have to stick to outfits provided by TP when there are other options available to us?
We don't know for an absolute fact that they're going to follow these exceptions, just that it's possible for Link because of the way the character is dressed in each game. Also, I wouldn't say we have to stick with TP Link's outfits, just that it makes sense if we're going for variety since every Link wears a variation on the same exact outfit.

If we were going to go with an alternate universe Link though, I'd definitely be more in favor of an NES style Link with obvious brown hair than either OOT or Ordon looks, but that's probably just me.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I know that there are differences, but are you going to tell me that you wouldn't be capable of getting characters mixed up when they have the same basic appearance and a very similar color scheme? I know for a fact that I could make a mistake playing as two characters with varying vibrancy but the same basic color scheme on certain stages, so I don't doubt that others might as well.
I have never had that issue, and I've played with color schemes that are far closer together than two very different shades of green (on the exact same model no less, not one that actually looks decently different). For example, I've played a match with four Sonics, and these are the barely-different Brawl Sonics, not the P:M ones; no issues. I hardly think a bright green and a faded green on different models (even if the differences in models are slight from afar) will be that big an issue.

They should have TP Link with black tunic too, though a purple tunic would also be neat to see to reference four swords.
Yes. I much prefer purple to the white he gets.

Yeah, I get that he doesn't, but that shouldn't really factor into a choice to give Link a new look. With that in mind, screw Outset Link. Let's see some Conductor Link action, PMBR?
While I'd prefer Outset Link because I like the clothing more, I would without a doubt be okay with Conductor Link. As long as they change the sword to the Spirit Sword and the bow to the Spirit Bow and his shield to the one in that game.

We don't know for an absolute fact that they're going to follow these exceptions, just that it's possible for Link because of the way the character is dressed in each game. Also, I wouldn't say we have to stick with TP Link's outfits, just that it makes sense if we're going for variety since every Link wears a variation on the same exact outfit.

If we were going to go with an alternate universe Link though, I'd definitely be more in favor of an NES style Link with obvious brown hair than either OOT or Ordon looks, but that's probably just me.
No, but we know it's an option. And as such, it's worth considering. NES Link would be all right, but I still like OoT Link best (for adult Link designs, anyway).

Awesome idea, but I still don't see why we cant?

He doesn't have a shield, or any items at all. And he uses that sword with two hands.

Trust me, I love the Fierce Deity more than basically anything in Zelda, but it wouldn't work for this.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I honestly didn't know that this controversy of links alt was going to be this deep...
There's a controversy? I thought we were just discussing the hows and whats of Link alts.

I have never had that issue, and I've played with color schemes that are far closer together than two very different shades of green (on the exact same model no less, not one that actually looks decently different). For example, I've played a match with four Sonics, and these are the barely-different Brawl Sonics, not the P:M ones; no issues. I hardly think a bright green and a faded green on different models (even if the differences in models are slight from afar) will be that big an issue.
Oh god no. Don't remind of me the horror of Brawl Sonic with his all blue schemes. That was a nightmare. I agree that there's a chance it would work with OOT Link, but I personally would prefer something that drastically changes the look of the character like Ordon or NES Link with the different looking shield and clothes.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Ok, about what Suit of Samus would be the best election:
Prime 2 & 3 Varia Suit:
I love this design and it has notable differences from Zero Mission/Brawl Suit, also respects hitboxes, and hurtboxes, it can count as an alternate costume, but Samus has other suits way more different/alternate, so i dont think about this suit being an alt. at all.

Fusion Suit:
This is my favorite contender but the lack of big shoulder pads maybe wont respect the hurtboxes.

Dark Suit:
This is the most suitable of all; Respect Hurt/Hitboxes, and its a mayor overhaul of Samus suits.

-As a final note i didnt mention the Light Suit because didnt appear in Brawl (they dont want to put things that wasnt in Brawl), not even in stickers i believe. And Dark Samus is another pers.... errr creature so no (too bad for dark sammy and light suit)

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
so what's the census on Boshi for Yoshi? I mean Boshi is a Yoshi after all, so would he be allowed?

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
There's a controversy? I thought we were just discussing the hows and whats of Link alts.
lol it just kinda seemed like it in a way. Im suprised no one mentioned squirtle squad squirtle....well i think no one mentioned it. and maybe ivysaur could be bulbasaur. just trhowing out a few ideas

Prime 2 & 3 Varia Suit:
I love this design and it has notable differences from Zero Mission/Brawl Suit, also respects hitboxes, and hurtboxes, it can count as an alternate costume, but Samus has other suits way more different/alternate, so i dont think about this suit being an alt. at all.

Fusion Suit:
This is my favorite contender but the lack of big shoulder pads maybe wont respect the hurtboxes.

Dark Suit:
This is the most suitable of all; Respect Hurt/Hitboxes, and its a mayor overhaul of Samus suits.

-As a final note i didnt mention the Light Suit because didnt appear in Brawl (they dont want to put things that wasnt in Brawl), not even in stickers i believe. And Dark Samus is another pers.... errr creature so no (too bad for dark sammy and light suit)
I really like the last samus suit. It seems to work the best as an alt on her

red9rd

Smash Ace
He doesn't have a shield, or any items at all. And he uses that sword with two hands.
Trust me, I love the Fierce Deity more than basically anything in Zelda, but it would really work for this.
Couldn't you just make Links shield invisible.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero

Oh god no. Don't remind of me the horror of Brawl Sonic with his all blue schemes. That was a nightmare. I agree that there's a chance it would work with OOT Link, but I personally would prefer something that drastically changes the look of the character like Ordon or NES Link with the different looking shield and clothes.
And I think OoT would work just fine. But it seems we get each other at this point, so truce?

Dark Samus is off limits because she's not Samus, but the thing about stuff that only appeared in Brawl is for new characters only, as I understand. Otherwise Mr. L and Shadow Queen Peach wouldn't be options. Thus all of her suits are viable. The Light Suit, the Phazon suit from Prime 1, the Gravity Suit...everything.

Couldn't you just make Links shield invisible.
And have him wield a sword that's much bigger than the Master Sword, and in one hand? Then what happens when a projectile hits the invisible shield? And if Link doesn't have his shield, why would he be holding his arm in a shield pose? It would look unprofessional. For it not to look bad, the PMBR have to redo a bunch of animations (most of them, actually), and they've said they don't want to do that for the ACE.

So no, they couldn't.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
And that's partly why I want OoT Link's model back. His voice doesn't work on TP Link. =/
yea. i wonder where that guy who voiced OOT link went. Id sure like him back. Maybe he'll voice another link on another zelda one day

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
yea. i wonder where that guy who voiced OOT link went. Id sure like him back. Maybe he'll voice another link on another zelda one day
Maybe he will. I think the same guy from TP did SS? And it's not that I don't like that voice, but there's just something about his OoT one. I wonder who they'll use for Zelda U.

red9rd

Smash Ace
And have him wield a sword that's much bigger than the Master Sword, and in one hand? Then what happens when a projectile hits the invisible shield? And if Link doesn't have his shield, why would he be holding his arm in a shield pose? It would look unprofessional. For it not to look bad, the PMBR have to redo a bunch of animations (most of them, actually), and they've said they don't want to do that for the ACE.
You don't have to make the sword bigger and now that you mention the pose it would make him look like hes blocking with his gauntlet which sounds badass.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Prime 2 & 3 Varia Suit:

Fusion Suit:

Dark Suit:

Knowing PMBR they're probably going to go with either an updated Fusion/Other M Model + Recolors based on other suits (Fusion, Varia, Dark, Light, Gravity, Power, etc)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
You don't have to make the sword bigger and now that you mention the pose it would make him look like hes blocking with his gauntlet which sounds badass.
No. I've seen this exact thing done. I have played with that exact texture. It looks stupid and unprofessional. There is no good reason for Link to stand there holding his arm in a crooked position as if he's holding a shield, when he's not actually holding a shield. Besides, there's space between his gauntlet and the front of his shield, so what it actually looks like is projectiles are clanging on literally nothing. It doesn't look good.

What about Link's Soul Edge?
Why? For what reason would that be in the game? It's an unofficial set of weaponry important to an entirely different series. It'd be like giving him the Armos series from that game. Alt costumes should change more than accessories.

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
so what's the census on Boshi for Yoshi? I mean Boshi is a Yoshi after all, so would he be allowed?
More than anything else I'd just like to see Yoshi get his white, black, purple and orange colors. I mean, these have all shown up in Yoshi games, and they'd probably be very easy to implement. Heck, these are probably all up on Brawl Vault already. This is a much better option than Boshi imo, as he just isn't important or different enough from Yoshi (he's just a blue Yoshi with sunglasses and a pointier spine). The missing colors stand out a lot more and add quite a bit more variety.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I just want OoT Link's voice back.
Maybe he will. I think the same guy from TP did SS? And it's not that I don't like that voice, but there's just something about his OoT one. I wonder who they'll use for Zelda U.
In the 3 games Link was voiced by different voice actors; And yeah, OoT Link has the best voice, i love his grunts and screams, those are kinda iconic, i wonder why they always use different voice actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom