• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I like that 3 sacred treasures pit... a lot:love:. But, I don't think it's possible, considering how it doesn't look like the bow can split in half... Also, they would copy the code of Mario's fireballs, for the fire effects and appearance. Besides, why wouldn't they make it similar, at least the whole "loads exclusively based on costume". They don't just have completely different coding. I think that may one thing they share in common. IDK, though, so I think we need a Back-roomer or something to verify. Also, I hope this sounds mature enough. I'm working on my maturity, and if there are any ways I can act more mature, please tell me.
I am not a member of the PMBR but as someone who considers himself an expert hacker and figured out how the PMBR made costume specific effects, I know that Luigi`s Fireball move does not share what makes them load costume specifically.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't the Three Sacred Treasures Pit be a good gold replacement though? He is wearing gold armor in this form.

[collapse="Concept Pit"]
[/collapse]

Shin F.

Smash Master
I like that 3 sacred treasures pit... a lot:love:. But, I don't think it's possible, considering how it doesn't look like the bow can split in half... Also, they would copy the code of Mario's fireballs, for the fire effects and appearance. Besides, why wouldn't they make it similar, at least the whole "loads exclusively based on costume". They don't just have completely different coding.
They can have artistic license with the bow. It doesn't need to be an absolutely perfect copy. Look at Dr. Mario. They made his pants black instead of white because otherwise it became hard to see from far away, so they aren't stuck with the official appearance of the bow if they don't want to be.

About the fireballs, the thing is, they can share the appearance without sharing the code, and if you look at the way they act, you can tell it's different. Mario's goes down and bounces off of things, while Luigi's floats straight forward. That alone means that their code is different. As a graphic designer who has some experience with writing code, I can say that it's very unlikely that they're the same, even if they look like they are.

So... someone posting in the wrong thread a while ago said they want a Dark Link version of OoT Link. I think that would be pretty nice. I especially like the materials on this one from the vault. It'd be pretty cool if PMBR did something like this.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28551

MLGF

Smash Lord
Link only has room for one more color/costume.
Do we really want it used on another Dark Link?

Yes, yes we do.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I personally would love to see Ordon Link. Replaying TP, I found it to be a lot more fun then I recall, outside of the stupid heart scaling.
So yeah, Ordon Link would be neat.

...and is it me, or did Brawl really give TP Link a tasteless pallet?

Shin F.

Smash Master
I personally would love to see Ordon Link. Replaying TP, I found it to be a lot more fun then I recall, outside of the stupid heart scaling.

Ordon Link isn't my favorite, but he wouldn't be a bad choice. It would be a nice parallel to Outset Link.

It's Brawl's dull colors. Everyone had something of a tasteless pallet. Especially Sonic.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
I feel like Classic Pit is a different enough Model and Team Colors would fit with it too well to pass up on the opportunity for Team Colors.

I didn't know Yellow Pit was so Popular though.

EDIT: Instead of Posting more I'll just edit this post with a Ganondorf Set, because this one's pretty basic:

Ganondorf:

1. Ganondorf
2. Red Ganondorf (Though I saw a Dracula-Inspired Ganondorf by... Xenozoa? I think, that I think really Deserves to be in this game)
3. Blue Ganondorf
4. Green Ganondorf

5. Melee Ganondorf
6. Red Melee Ganondorf
7. Blue Melee Ganondorf
8. Green Melee Ganondorf

9. Oldmanondorf (Can't get rid of this Classic)
10. Teal Skinned Ganondorf (Inspired by Pig Ganon and OoT Beast Ganon, though just a recolor)

At this point I should honestly just make my own pack like Pwnz0rz has.

you don't have purple melee ganon, your list is terrible

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

The colors in TP weren't exactly the most tasteful to begin with. Art style was beautiful but colors were pretty dull.

I want either Hero's Shade armor Link or Ordon Link. Another Dark Link seems like a waste of space to me but then again it is a lot simpler than the last two I mentioned... ah confliction.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I despise Ordon Link. >_< I also find TP's art style highly boring. That said, Hero's Shade is the best possible alt, but I think I saw a Backroomer say no on Reddit.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well, I think we should get a back-roomer to verify if we can modify Luigi's fireballs to look like L-Vitamins. It's not like Nintendo built Luigi's fireballs without referencing Mario's at all. I think it's more likely than not that their coding is the same in the necessary areas, since those areas of the code have no affect on gameplay in vanilla Brawl.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, I think we should get a back-roomer to verify if we can modify Luigi's fireballs to look like L-Vitamins. It's not like Nintendo built Luigi's fireballs without referencing Mario's at all. I think it's more likely than not that their coding is the same in the necessary areas, since those areas of the code have no affect on gameplay in vanilla Brawl.
Mario was an exception.

Shin F.

Smash Master
For an exact quote-
Project M Back Room said:
This is due to the fact that we cannot change the voices or sound effects of a character on a costume by costume basis on an extensive basis. Mario is an exception to this rule as his file structure just so happened to be set up in a way we could make Dr. Mario work in full capacity. His Fireball projectile is stored in such a way that we were able to make it selectively load based on his costume.
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/alternate-costumes-blogpost

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
OK, yes, they said Mario was an exception, but they never said he was the only exception. Like I said before, it's likely they share the necessary areas of the code since they don't effect vanilla Brawl. Nintendo did not build Luigi's fireballs without referencing Mario's at all.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I've read that, and Mario and Luigi's file structure may be similar, too, considering they share several animations, even if the hit boxes are different. They're moves are similar, up to the point that the only special move that they have that isn't a variation of the other's is Green Missile.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
OK, yes, they said Mario was an exception, but they never said he was the only exception. Like I said before, it's likely they share the necessary areas of the code since they don't effect vanilla Brawl. Nintendo did not build Luigi's fireballs without referencing Mario's at all.
As someone who has figured out how they made Mario`s fireballs load on a costume specific basis and has edited his effects, I can assure you that Luigi can not have the same thing done to him.

Shin F.

Smash Master
It's probable that they actually did. They don't just build the characters one at a time. Usually, you end up having different people build different characters. I repeat: Just because an attack looks the same, doesn't mean that it's programmed the same. The appearance of an attack has literally nothing in common with how it's programmed. A lot of us here know some form of code, myself included, and we all agree: Mario and Luigi's fireballs are definitely coded differently.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Look, OK, I'm on the verge of giving in. But, I want a Back-roomer to verify before I do give in. Also, please, if possible, give me a copy of their file structure or explain or something along those lines so I can see for myself.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Also, please, if possible, give me a copy of their file structure or explain or something along those lines so I can see for myself.
If your talking to me then you already have their file structure. You got it when you downloaded the game. I didn`t get any Project M dev kit, I just edited what was already there.

Shin F.

Smash Master
OK, well, what if they edited his file structure to be more like Mario's. Is that a possibility?
That's not nearly as simple as you make it sound. This structure is the very core of the character. They would have to change literally everything that makes him what he is, and it's not worth it for a pill graphic.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Thanks. It really means a lot. Now we can finally move past this whole thing. If, that is, they can't. If they can, then I'll probably talk about it some more.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Thanks. It really means a lot. Now we can finally move past this whole thing. If, that is, they can't. If they can, then I'll probably talk about it some more.
Why? You've said everything you need to say. You want Dr. Luigi with the pills. There's no need to keep holding onto him and re-hashing the same statements over and over no matter how much you want him in. You only need to say something one time.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Like I said, Mr. L is the Green Thunder and also from a Mario RPG like the games where Luigi used "Thunderhand" which is an electrical ball attack. It'd be weird that they didn't change his ball into an electric ball if they could especially since it was one of the first alternative costumes made(if not, then confirmed).

Although I won't blame you for still wanting verification, however don't try to control the subject. If people want to move on you move on with them. Of course you could always attempt to bring back the subject and see if people want to talk about it some more. Just trying to help you out. Seems you're actually making an attempt to be a pretty chill dude.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
OK, I won't talk about him even if we can put him in.:c Edit: Never mind the sad face. I just realized it's not gonna be fun to talk abut him if no-one else does. Also, it's the right the thing to do.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Like I said, Mr. L is the Green Thunder and also from a Mario RPG like the games where Luigi used "Thunderhand" which is an electrical ball attack. It'd be weird that they didn't change his ball into an electric ball if they could especially since it was one of the first alternative costumes made(if not, then confirmed).

Although I won't blame you for still wanting verification, however don't try to control the subject. If people want to move on you move on with them. Of course you could always attempt to bring back the subject and see if people want to talk about it some more. Just trying to help you out. Seems you're actually making an attempt to be a pretty chill dude.
Yeah, I am trying to be chill. It's kinda hard, but it gets easier with every post!:)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, not giving him lightning if they could have pretty much confirms that they can't change Weegee like this.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Dr. Luigi would admittedly be dope, as I can't think of another idea for an alt costume and he looks cool. The only other thing I can think of is Ice Luigi as an alt color, which wouldn't be too different from his blue color now aside from the green overalls.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Dr. Luigi would admittedly be dope, as I can't think of another idea for an alt costume and he looks cool. The only other thing I can think of is Ice Luigi as an alt color, which wouldn't be too different from his blue color now aside from the green overalls.
I agree. I put both on my build. I'd have Ice Mario and Luigi replac blues., An ice Mario themed doctor Mario would be cool. Doctor Luigi is awesome. I have him on my build replacing fire. Oh man, ice flower peach replacing blue would be chill. Aww yeah. Same with Wario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom