• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
Actually, if I recall correctly, it was also on Jolet0n's and gmaster171's streams too

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I may be proven wrong in the future, but I don't think the Masked Man Disguise Alt for Lucas is official since Lucas never wielded the Masked Man's sword in Mother 3. Having a stronger weapon for Lucas acquired around Chapter 5 would've convinced me, but otherwise it's probably just a custom texture.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I may be proven wrong in the future, but I don't think the Masked Man Disguise Alt for Lucas is official since Lucas never wielded the Masked Man's sword in Mother 3. Having a stronger weapon for Lucas acquired around Chapter 5 would've convinced me, but otherwise it's probably just a custom texture.
I would be inclined to disagree, but we'll see.

marlinswine

Smash Rookie
In between the matches you can see that masked man lucas has a different render (him saluting). you can also see it on the character images during the match, this leads me to reckon the alt is legit. The falco one however, same old render, wouldn't put your hope on that one. The Lamar skin I'm not certain about either.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Lucina over Marth?
And I mean her before the unmasking. Obviously.
Lucina? I don`t play much fire emblem but I`m just going to make a guess based off of the unmasking part that Lucina is the person disguised as Marth in Awakening. (haven`t finished it yet)

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Lucina? I don`t play much fire emblem but I`m just going to make a guess based off of the unmasking part that Lucina is the person disguised as Marth in Awakening. (haven`t finished it yet)
Yes. Sorry for spoilers.
Would've put that in spoilers, but don't know the command XD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I believe they said they're not adding anything after Brawl's release.
They said that for the CLONE Engine, they said that clone engine rules don`t necessarily apply to the Alt. Engine. They did not specify on what rules apply do and don`t apply to both (except for the appearing in the same game thing which alts. don`t have too) so there is no way to know for sure so we should continue this with the mindset of "it might be possible" until further information is released.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
They said that for the CLONE Engine, they said that clone engine rules don`t necessarily apply to the Alt. Engine. They did not specify on what rules apply do and don`t apply to both (except for the appearing in the same game thing which alts. don`t have too) so there is no way to know for sure so we should continue this with the mindset of "it might be possible" until further information is released.
When was Super Paper Mario released? Because I think Mr.L was after Brawl, come to think of it.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
They said for the clone engine that the characters had to appear in Brawl in some way, not they had to appear before Brawl

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
They said for the clone engine that the characters had to appear in Brawl in some way, not they had to appear before Brawl
Well if it appeared in the game in some way then WOULDN`T THAT MEAN THAT HE/SHE/IT WAS ESTABLISHED BEFORE BRAWL SO THAT THEY COULD PUT IT IN THERE!

They may not have exactly said "they have to have been established before brawl`s release", but if they were established after brawl`s release then how would they have put that character into the game.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
Dry Bowser wasn't in Brawl in some way but he still appeared as an alt
correct me if I'm wrong though

Plus they shot down X and Y alts for the Pokemon

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Dry Bowser wasn't in Brawl in some way but he still appeared as an alt
correct me if I'm wrong though
What? But you? That means you agree with me! I said in my post
They did not specify on what rules apply do and don`t apply to both (except for the appearing in the same game thing which alts. don`t have too)
meaning that alts. don`t have to appear in brawl.
Plus they shot down X and Y alts for the Pokemon
Yes, but that had to do with proportions, animations, and the fact that Mega pokes could be considered to be different pokemon (like how nobody wants a bulbasaur alt for ivy or a Blastoise alt. for squirtle)

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
OoT Link is wielding TP master sword. Your argument is invalid.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Well it could just be a cosplay TP Link like how Lucas is cosplaying as Masked Man (which would explain how that Sword does just as much damage as his stick, it`s a wooden replica)

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I don't think it's invalid. The timeline gives no confirmation as to whether there are multiple Master Swords, and for all we know TP Link's Master Sword was the exact same one OoT Link did so it should be his anyway.

Again, Lucas DID dress up as the Masked Man but he never had the Masked Man's sword. If this ends up being real I'll end up wishing it was something Lucas actually had. Oh well, 3.0 is just 4 (maybe longer depending on if the attacks keep going) days away so we'll see about it then.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I don't think it's invalid. The timeline gives no confirmation as to whether there are multiple Master Swords, and for all we know TP Link's Master Sword was the exact same one OoT Link did so it should be his anyway.

Again, Lucas DID dress up as the Masked Man but he never had the Masked Man's sword. If this ends up being real I'll end up wishing it was something Lucas actually had. Oh well, 3.0 is just 4 (maybe longer depending on if the attacks keep going) days away so we'll see about it then.
Cosplay man. They said that the alts. have to be a costume that the character wears or a costume based off of another character`s (from the same game of course) clothing.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Cosplay man. They said that the alts. have to be a costume that the character wears or a costume based off of another character`s (from the same game of course) clothing.
That extends to weapons? If that extends to weapons I didn't know about that liberty they could take.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
That extends to weapons? If that extends to weapons I didn't know about that liberty they could take.
Well they changed the sword Outset Link uses, still does the same amount of damage but it`s a visual difference so it`s not hurting anybody or breaking the game is it?

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to side with EdgeTheLucas on this one, giving Lucas a non-canon weapon is definitely farther than they've gone with any other character, so I'm looking for a confirmation before believing it's official. The Master sword having a slightly different design betwween games that they didn't bother changing or Tink getting his starter sword doesn't really set a precedent, in this case. It also would seem to me that just pasting a sword onto an animation for swinging a stick isn't really the PMBR's style. It might even require changes to sound effects (to reflect the fact that it is cutting and not bashing) that could normally be impossible for the alt costume engine.
That said, if it is official, and if this is potentially all the Masked Man we'll get, I won't exactly complain about that. I'd rather have the sword with the costume than not. It would also be awesome if they gave the OU version of the attack an electric effect or something. Not sure if I saw that at all.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I'm still disappointed in the whole mastersword not being the Oot one, just seems a little unprofessional to me, calling it cosplay sounds silly he's not the same person wearing different clothing, he's Oot link using TP's mastersword

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm still disappointed in the whole mastersword not being the Oot one, just seems a little unprofessional to me, calling it cosplay sounds silly he's not the same person wearing different clothing, he's Oot link using TP's mastersword
Show me your proof that they arn`t one and the same. because I have proof that suggest otherwise: They both have the same voice, they both use the same bomb types, they both use the same bow, and they both have the same sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom