• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Show me your proof that they arn`t one and the same. because I have proof that suggest otherwise: They both have the same voice, they both use the same bomb types, they both use the same bow, and they both have the same sword.
they don't have the same face or ears Oot link's are slimmer in comparison to twilight princess link's

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I even posted Both Master Swords.
That only proves my point! They both wield the same blade no matter how similar in shape, size, design, or strength they may be.
they don't have the same face or ears Oot link's are slimmer in comparison to twilight princess link's
Fine argument, if you`ve never seen a face mask before! Just kidding, ok so they may not be the same person.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Isn't there only one Master Sword canonically anyway?
a link between worlds takes place 300 years after ALTTP and in that game you can turn your Master Sword into the Golden Master sword and the Master Sword in The Original Legend of Zelda is not Golden

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Isn't there only one Master Sword canonically anyway?
yes but in each game they had different appearances from one another (excluding SS and Tp's) here's a link to them all http://zeldawiki.org/Master_Sword

I still don't understand them not changing the bow, arrows, mastersword, and clawshot (well with the clawshot I can see how that could be an issue with nitpickers) to be more like Oot's but with the bomb since it's in one of the common1-4 files it wouldn't be possible to do with out changing it for Tp link aswell

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
a link between worlds takes place 300 years after ALTTP and in that game you can turn your Master Sword into the Golden Master sword and the Master Sword in The Original Legend of Zelda is not Golden
you also turn your master sword into the golden sword in alttp but I'm assuming after some time has past the blade dulled or something back to how it was originally

Also sorry for double posting I only did it because I couldn't edit my post above due to how the site is running for me

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
you also turn your master sword into the golden sword in alttp but I'm assuming after some time has past the blade dulled or something back to how it was originally

Also sorry for double posting I only did it because I couldn't edit my post above due to how the site is running for me
That sword must be made of some seriously flexible metal if it`s able to grow, shrink, and change color through sitting in a pedestal.

splat

Smash Lord
Canon does not always follow game mechanics.

My character became a champion in Pokémon Blue, and while said character was represented in Pokémon Silver as the old champion he used a vastly different team.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I guess the different salute render probably means it's the real thing. Certainly looks high-quality enough.
I must agree that is one slick-looking costume. Makes me wonder if they'll have the Claus recolor with this costume, i.e. orange hair, black jacket.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
I'm back *******. The website attack is keeping the elitism at bay. Ugh, I write like a freaking novel and none of it can go through. =__=;
Some people are really dumb. If you think for a second I don't want shadow peach or mr. L in pm, consider a vasectomy, killing yourself, or becoming a really obsessive brony; anything to stop you from having any offspring. Because your offspring will lower the world's IQ in future generations.

Jerkiness aside, I think most of the characters should get alt outfits or recolors; especially ones with little to choose from. Pikachu and Jiggs are the best examples, Pikachu has like 4 outfits total, glad they are adding more. However, a raichu color scheme and should be recolors just to distinguish teams better. Same for jiggs).
Continuing my recolor point, I think the recolors from things like cbliss, project mars, or the pm project color scheme thread should be used for some. I'm all for purple recolors.
The more choices the better.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I'm back *****es. The website attack is keeping the elitism at bay. Ugh, I write like a freaking novel and none of it can go through. =__=;
Some people are really dumb. If you think for a second I don't want shadow peach or mr. L in pm, consider a vasectomy, killing yourself, or becoming a really obsessive brony; anything to stop you from having any offspring. Because your offspring will lower the world's IQ in future generations.

Jerkiness aside, I think most of the characters should get alt outfits or recolors; especially ones with little to choose from. Pikachu and Jiggs are the best examples, Pikachu has like 4 outfits total, glad they are adding more. However, a raichu color scheme and should be recolors just to distinguish teams better. Same for jiggs).
Continuing my recolor point, I think the recolors from things like cbliss, project mars, or the pm project color scheme thread should be used for some. I'm all for purple recolors.

I was actually starting to like this thread again. Oh well.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
any other confirmed alternates? (besides pigmask/commander lucas and the ones revealed in turbo tuesdays)

GeZ

Smash Lord
any other confirmed alternates? (besides pigmask/commander lucas and the ones revealed in turbo tuesdays)

Well not an alternate, but Olimar's Louie color has been changed so he's black, which is pretty sweet, and their might be a red Falco skin, but that one is still debatably a custom texture.

splat

Smash Lord
I was actually starting to like this thread again. Oh well.
Me too man, me too.
Such a shame that one person can have such a negative impact on, well, most of this sub-forum.

Currently, no - I think we haven't seen Jiggs's yet though, only the silhouette.

Well not an alternate, but Olimar's Louie color has been changed so he's black, which is pretty sweet, and their might be a red Falco skin, but that one is still debatably a custom texture.
Isn't that a custom palette swap like the Red Falco? The black Olimar didn't seem to be as high in quality as most of the stuff PM puts out there..

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm back *****es. The website attack is keeping the elitism at bay. Ugh, I write like a freaking novel and none of it can go through. =__=;

I`m sure you`ll provide us with a good laugh or two before you go back into hiding.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Me too man, me too.
Such a shame that one person can have such a negative impact on, well, most of this sub-forum.

Currently, no - I think we haven't seen Jiggs's yet though, only the silhouette.

Isn't that a custom palette swap like the Red Falco? The black Olimar didn't seem to be as high in quality as most of the stuff PM puts out there..

It really is too bad.

No, I talked to the dev I play with and he confirmed it's the new color for that spot. Again, not an alt, but a cool recolor.

splat

Smash Lord
No, I talked to the dev I play with and he confirmed it's the new color for that spot. Again, not an alt, but a cool recolor.
Really? Guess I'll be replacing (or at least desaturating) that one then.
I'm all for skin color changes, but this one is just too saturated, I guess. I feel the colors clash with the rest of the game.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Really? Guess I'll be replacing (or at least desaturating) that one then.
I'm all for skin color changes, but this one is just too saturated, I guess. I feel the colors clash with the rest of the game.

That's fair. The old one is still pretty cool.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Well it could just be a cosplay TP Link like how Lucas is cosplaying as Masked Man (which would explain how that Sword does just as much damage as his stick, it`s a wooden replica)

Except his face is kinda different and his legs are fatter.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Except his face is kinda different and his legs are fatter.

The alternate costumes are supposed to be cosplays rather than other characters due to the PMBR's want of high quality skins, but I think on this one you may be right and they made an exception for Link because of the Link reincarnation cycle. Either way it looks freaking cool.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Yeah, the MS thing doesn't even bother me that much anyway. What does bother me, though, is that he isn't using his Fairy Bow or Hookshot. Also his voice isn't OoT Link, but PMBR can't really do anything about that.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I've heard rumor that Falcon has one. No idea what it is though.
If that's true I hope it's helmetless Captain Falcon since it makes him look like Bill Nye. Of course the Classic outfit someone else mentioned would look sweet too.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
For ice climbers, since there is no real other game or canon to them... how about just have them dressed like legit Mt Everest climbers... with the goggles and the brightly coloured jackets.
I'd enjoy seeing this. Another alternative would be something along these lines:

Basing them off of the original game's cover art. Blonde hair, belts, less fur trim, no gloves, and boots instead of snow shoes.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I will (shortly) compile the most popular ideas here and have it linked to the OP for making it easier for the PMBR to get the ideas. Any new images are appreciated.

Wario

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Bowser

Yoshi

Donkey Kong

Diddy Kong

Captain Falcon

Wolf

Fox

Falco

Ice Climbers
Nana in front of Popo + more colors
Hoods down
Zelda

Sheik

Link

Toon Link

Ganondorf

Mewtwo

Lucario

More accessories.
Pikachu

More accessories.
More colors.
Jigglypuff

More accessories.
Squirtle
More accessories.

Ivysaur
More accessories.
Charizard

More accessories.
Samus

Zero Suit Samus
Lucas

Ness

Pit
Kirby

Copy abilities that disappear when a new ability is obtained.
Meta Knight

King Dedede

Ike

Marth

Roy

Olimar

R.O.B.

Mr. Game & Watch
More colors.
(or other hats)
Snake

Sonic

I have edited this and I have put anyone that I think is complete in green
Please contribute to anyone I still have in white and include images. I plan on sending this to project m so they can see what alt. costumes are popular once I have everyone in green.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, the MS thing doesn't even bother me that much anyway. What does bother me, though, is that he isn't using his Fairy Bow or Hookshot. Also his voice isn't OoT Link, but PMBR can't really do anything about that.
I just checked now and for verification, Link's tools are all located in FitLinkMotionEtc.pac meaning I don't believe they can be separated anyways. I don't remember or at least haven't seen why Doc's Pill is a special case, but I don't think it's because they can put it in that particular file.

StevenBeastMode

Smash Cadet
Didn't see this in Toxicroaker's post, so I'm guessing no one put this forth.
Roy.jpg

Tell me this isn't sick. Although the amount of work and detail they'd have to put in would be absurd. Yeah, probably not going to happen...

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
I know this joke is extremely dated, but I honestly think that this could work as an additional costume:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom