• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman

^ CLEARLY not the same size

I never said there wasn't a canonical height difference, I just said that it wouldn't affect hitboxes. If you enlarge Classic Sonic to compensate, it lines up roughly like this:

(Not pictured: arm length, but trust me it's the same)

Height differences mean nothing in Smash. Ganondorf should be double Link's height, Ridley's too big, and Olimar would be less than a pixel tall; a foot's difference between Sonics might as well not exist.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
With those giant head spikes of his? Hurtboxes would have to be changed, and that's something that won't be changed for the sake of one texture.
No... No they don't. Sonic uses 1 throw attack with his spike.
Besides, Sonic doesn't need the Spikey hair. If you're going to argue that the textures need to be perfectly represented, then dark peach needs to be paper.
What about dark spine? What about dark sonic?

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
With those giant head spikes of his? Hurtboxes would have to be changed, and that's something that won't be changed for the sake of one texture.
Sonic's spikes don't have hurtboxes just like Peach's hair, Marth's cape, ect.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Kati

Smash Lord
I'm not sure they need to add different hurt boxes. What's the problem with just adding a Gold-colored Sonic?

I love it. That'd actually be an amazing alt costume for Dedede.
I would prefer masked ddd, but his hammer doesn't fit the proportions of his regular one. I'm sure that the bitf writer would be quite happy to have his own character in P:M, but I highly doubt dededoo has a chance of becoming official. His hat would need to be retouched. I added the dark brown band going around it, but it is difficult to map ( I produced that fedora version way back before I knew that one could preview models in brawl box).

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
There's a problem with it though, it's an entirely different character, despite it looking like just Dedede with a Hat, a trenchcoat and a Mustache.
Then who's to say they can't give Dedede a costume that consists of a hat, trechcoat, and mustache and say it's literally King Dedede wearing them?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What's the problem with just giving him a trench cost and a hat as an homage to Dededoo? The mustache is epic but not necessary. I mean Peach has Daisy colors, what's wrong with a Dededoo alt?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hmm...yknow, that MK costume in the comic is just crazy enough to work. If we get Kirby an awesome hat, the Dreamland trio can be disguise-wearing fools!

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
How about hats whose abilities that are represented in Kirby's moveset like cutter,stone,hammer,ninja,etc.

How about a mask less Meta knight?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How about hats whose abilities that are represented in Kirby's moveset like cutter,stone,hammer,ninja,etc.

How about a mask less Meta knight?

See I think that might be a good idea for Kirby, although I'd say put it to a vote which form is most popular. *MY* vote would go to Mirror Kirby, because best.

I think Maskless MK is a bit too simple. Something like the above shows both Maskless MK, and gives him a different look. I dunno, something doesn't sit right with me making MK just Maskless for an alt.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I never said there wasn't a canonical height difference, I just said that it wouldn't affect hitboxes. If you enlarge Classic Sonic to compensate, it lines up roughly like this:

(Not pictured: arm length, but trust me it's the same)

Height differences mean nothing in Smash. Ganondorf should be double Link's height, Ridley's too big, and Olimar would be less than a pixel tall; a foot's difference between Sonics might as well not exist.
1)Modern Sonic is supposed to be the taller, leaner, older Sonic while Classic Sonic is supposed to be the shorter, fatter, younger Sonic.
2)There is a rule that the alt. Costume has to be that, a costume.
3)Please explain how they are going to do the voice because they can`t change that and Classic Sonic doesn`t talk (except for "I`m outta here!", but that`s besides the point).
4)Classic Sonic can`t homing attack

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
1)Modern Sonic is supposed to be the taller, leaner, older Sonic while Classic Sonic is supposed to be the shorter, fatter, younger Sonic.
3)Please explain how they are going to do the voice because they can`t change that and Classic Sonic doesn`t talk (except for "I`m outta here!", but that`s besides the point).
1) That is completely relevant.
2) I want you to explain Melee Fox and Ocarina of Time Link, then we can talk.
3) Please explain how they are going to change Ocarina of Time Lin- oh wait...
4) Outset Link can't use the Clawshot. Your point is?

(I hope I am not coming off as rude, I just want to throw that out there.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
1) That is completely relevant.
2) I want you to explain Melee Fox and Ocarina of Time Link, then we can talk.
3) Please explain how they are going to change Ocarina of Time Lin- oh wait...
4) Outset Link can't use the Clawshot. Your point is?

(I hope I am not coming off as rude, I just want to throw that out there.
1) Did you mean to say irrelevant?
2) Melee Fox is still Fox (Same age, same height, same voice) OoT Link could just be TP Link wearing OoT Link`s clothing (Evidence being their voice) while Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic arn`t the same age (no matter what the American manuals tell you), arn`t the same height, and don`t have the same voice.
3) stated above
4) Who says Link didn`t come back to Outset and put on his original clothing like he can do in all of the other Toon Link games.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
1) Okay
2) Melee Fox looks way different than Brawl Fox.
3) That's not relevant because they aren't changing the OoT Link voice.
4) Yes he can.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
1) Okay
2) Melee Fox looks way different than Brawl Fox.
3) That's not relevant because they aren't changing the OoT Link voice.
4) Yes he can.
2) They are still the same height, have the same voice, and are the same age
3) OoT Link could just be TP Link in OoT Link`s clothing and that would explain the voice
4) Where?

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
2) They are still the same height, have the same voice, and are the same age
3) OoT Link could just be TP Link in OoT Link`s clothing and that would explain the voice
4) Where?
2.) To be fair, Melee Fox represents SF64 while Brawl's reps Assault, making this false
3.)This seems like a bit of a stretch
4.)Generations 3D

Though honestly I think Classic Sonic is a terrible idea for an alternate costume

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
As a huge Sonic fan I would be appalled if Classic Sonic were even considered in the PMBR`s discussions.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
As much gear Sonic sports in a lot of his games, and people seriously want classic sonic?

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
For those of you who want there to be alternate costumes, here's some good evidenceStart by asking, what is Masahiro working on? There's no story mode and less characters/stages then Brawl. Is he working on a battle damage system? Mostly likely not. Online multiplayer? Not extensively. This game will be bigger then anything the Wii could have handled, and Brawl had a ton of features. So what's he doing?

He claims there will be "Customization" to some degree. Why would said customization not be alternate costumes? For say he became tired of just color-swapping palettes.

Now for the evidence it may exist in the game:

1) We all saw the Male Wii Fit Trainer doing the exact same thing as the Female one, but he wasn't confirmed as a character. Why?

2) Characters like Link and Marth have been given their costumes from Twilight Princess and Shadow Dragon, while they have new designs in Skyward Sword and Awakening that weren't used for reasons unexplained. So, alternate costumes representing their games?

3) A piece of evidence not commonly noticed. Toon Link was in the game since the beginning. Why? He wasn't driving that train. He was facing the other way doing different poses, and there wasn't a steering wheel or anything sticking out for him to interact with. He was just standing there looking on to make it look like he was a part of the stage. And he was dressed in his conductor uniform, an alternate costume.

So, if all of this is correct, I really hope that this is a real mechanic, because it will really add to the game.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
For those of you who want there to be alternate costumes, here's some good evidenceStart by asking, what is Masahiro working on? There's no story mode and less characters/stages then Brawl. Is he working on a battle damage system? Mostly likely not. Online multiplayer? Not extensively. This game will be bigger then anything the Wii could have handled, and Brawl had a ton of features. So what's he doing?

He claims there will be "Customization" to some degree. Why would said customization not be alternate costumes? For say he became tired of just color-swapping palettes.

Now for the evidence it may exist in the game:

1) We all saw the Male Wii Fit Trainer doing the exact same thing as the Female one, but he wasn't confirmed as a character. Why?

2) Characters like Link and Marth have been given their costumes from Twilight Princess and Shadow Dragon, while they have new designs in Skyward Sword and Awakening that weren't used for reasons unexplained. So, alternate costumes representing their games?

3) A piece of evidence not commonly noticed. Toon Link was in the game since the beginning. Why? He wasn't driving that train. He was facing the other way doing different poses, and there wasn't a steering wheel or anything sticking out for him to interact with. He was just standing there looking on to make it look like he was a part of the stage. And he was dressed in his conductor uniform, an alternate costume.

So, if all of this is correct, I really hope that this is a real mechanic, because it will really add to the game.

This is not the Smash 4 thread, but to answer(?) your questions:

1) Everything seems to point out that only gender-varied characters (WFT, Villager, etc.(?)) are getting this treatment, which is ironic considering Sakurai himself denied alternate costumes, saying it took away from the characters' uniqueness.

2) Taking #1 into account, it can't really be said.

3) The Toon Link in the Train uses a different model than playable Toon Link; specifically, his Spirit Tracks model, which, canon-wise, is not the same Toon Link as playable, WW-PH Toon Link.

4) See #1

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
You're correct, this isn't the Smash 4 thread, it's the Alternate costume thread.

Your reasons above show why I said it may be evidence, but when did Sakurai say he wasn't adding alternate costumes? I've reviewed everything he's said, and I don't recall that.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I don't quite understand why I would have a reason to cry, I just want to know when I somehow missed Sakurai tell us this was de-confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom