• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I don't have a reddit account... Though the Project M AMondAys make me reconsider.

Clever name by the way."AMondAy".
Its very possible
That's awesome! Is there a guide on how it's done? I want to do it myself because I have time and want to learn.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Speaking of sonic, who's the genius that removed his bracelets on the team colours (red and green).

Draco_The

Smash Lord
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/3etl19/thank_you_for_100_questions/
TOCK said:
This costume has been in development for quite a while. I'm pleased to finally show him off today in his full render. I Know a lot of you have been waiting patiently for it. This is just a taste for now!

We'll see you in 3.6!

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
AHHHHHH
I wonder how his cape is going to work, with it being on his arm and all.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The dream of Leif cosplaying is drifting away.

I know people like a powerful version of Roy, but I kind of like that he isn't a cool character whatsoever. This cartoon describes my feelings toward his image makeover the last few years:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
He... Is... BEAUTIFUL.

I'm not usually one to think this, but I REALLY hope to see some team colours for him.

For some reason, my interwebs is being slow, so all I saw was
Suprise!
|IMG|
It's a miracle!! God's work has been revealed here!!! Thank you based PMDT!!!!! :D
Why do the peeps say "based"?[/quote][/quote]

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Why do the peeps say "based"?
because a rapper became a meme
People now ironically (or unironically) use it to describe those of the upper echelons who are revered and tend to frequently deliver (the goods), or carry themselves with a type of "idgaf" attitude while keeping it real.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm not really a fan of the awakening design, but you guys did a good job of replicating it at least (except for maybe the face),
in-game screen pls?

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I agree with the face/hair feedback, but otherwise I think this costume looks pretty sweet. The armor looks much better than the default. Though I am a bit disappointed that the team broke away from their 'represent other FE characters through alts' pattern, but "that's just the way the cookie crumbled." -TOCK
Not because I had something in mind, I've only actually played a few FE games.. I just feel strongly against inconsistency.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I'm not really a fan of the awakening design, but you guys did a good job of replicating it at least (except for maybe the face),
in-game screen pls?
It's not ready to put into the game yet. We are having some minor technical difficulties with it, that needs Theytah's attention, who is out of town for a bit.

Also, thanks for the feedback everyone! We will try to get the model as perfect as we can for 3.6!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I truly am pumped for an Awakening alt Roy but I agree with the edits made on Reddit for him. That said, you guys did an amazing job.
The right one obviously has a tougher head/face, but the left one has purple. Not enough purple. I think I like the left bettah. Oh well! Still beautiful and I'll still use it only. That sword is so big, so cool, so BEAUTIFUL.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Is the left the former and the right the newer? The right one obviously has a tougher head/face, but the left one has purple. I think I like the left bettah. Oh well! Still beautiful and I'll still use it only.
Yeah, sorry if I didn't make that clear. The right one changed the color of purple used, made the smile into a serious expression, and edited the hair some.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
To change the topic, anybody else find Diddy's stage intro extremely bland? He comes out of a DK barrel just like Donkey Kong. If they want to keep the same concept but make it more modern, I would suggest adding the explosion graphics and DD buddy barrel from Tropical Freeze.

For Donkey Kong himself, I would suggest coming out of an arrow barrel that launches him onto the stage.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I truly am pumped for an Awakening alt Roy but I agree with the edits made on Reddit for him. That said, you guys did an amazing job.
I was just gonna post this. The is definitely better in terms of appearance and closeness to the actual design. I they fix the face and the hair like the edit does then the costume would be perfect.

Either way, I'm glad that my main got an awesome costume. I don't think there were any costumes left that were more requested than this.

That said, I wonder how things work out with the sword. It might just be the angle, but its proportions seem significantly different than the sword of seals. It seems shorter and thicker.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
^It isn't supposed to be the Sword of Seals. It's the one he's holding in the reference picture:

But the sword in PM's render still looks pretty fat and short compared to this. Might just be the perspective.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Yeah, these adjustments should definitely be made.

I sorta have doubts that the cape over the arm will be able to work, because if he lets go of it, it's probably way longer than Roy's current cape.

[Also I have no idea why they have Roy continue to use the Sword of Seals in Awakening.. It's probably way
better than that sword..]

To change the topic, anybody else find Diddy's stage intro extremely bland? He comes out of a DK barrel just like Donkey Kong. If they want to keep the same concept but make it more modern, I would suggest adding the explosion graphics and DD buddy barrel from Tropical Freeze.

For Donkey Kong himself, I would suggest coming out of an arrow barrel that launches him onto the stage.
I like the blue on the DD, but it doesn't match Diddy's signature colors.. And I'm too lazy to make up a reason to compare them, but Diddy and Donkey are like Luigi and Mario.. Coming out of a DK barrel is like their thing..

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
^It isn't supposed to be the Sword of Seals. It's the one he's holding in the reference picture:

But the sword in PM's render still looks pretty fat and short compared to this. Might just be the perspective.
I know it's not the Sword of Seals. I was just wondering about hitboxes if the sizes are different.

Komon

Smash Rookie
Maybe use this colour scheme to differentiate it a bit more

Also, Something else I'd like to see is a classic Sonic semi-alt, shorten his spines a tiny bit, make his stomach a bit more round, give him the classic sonic shoes, a lighter colour scheme and tan eyelids. I think it could look pretty cool
This as well as a Dark Bowser recolor would be obvious picks for me.

Giving them different tones of blue would would be enough to set them appart. In fact, SMB Bowser is actually more grey than blue on the offical boxart:

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
They should add a Smash Taunt to Dedede:

:GCD: + :GCDpad: = Something hilarious.

It'd also be neat if he could reflect projectiles with his side-special, but that's something different.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I really like the idea of the PMDT art team just looking at these posts, stroking their chins and carefully weighing our opinions. Probably doesn't quite work that way, but it sounds nice.

I agree with pretty much anything that gives Bowser a more primitive or Dark feature, including the animations/alts. In particular I like the running animations.
This art style is amazing to me even still. If they coud replicate this sort of style in a Mario alt (assuming we can ever get more than 10 costumes, that is), I would be overjoyed. Using the red overalls / blue shirt should be enough to tell them apart, especially given that he should look way more cartoony than Brawl's.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm pretty new to this topic, so question: Why was Focus Sash rejected? Is it impossible to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom