• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Pretty sure it's just his personal build.

Brawl SFX are trash anyways, or mostly electric and sword sounds are terrible.
It's not. When i've asked people about 3.5 stuff one of the most common things i've heard is that melee sounds are in. :I

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
This fusion suit is awesome. Only one more left! :D can't wait for the new blue either. PMDT is so good making me excited for characters i won't play.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I feel as if they're saving the best for last.
Not sure how much longer art tuesday's gonna last...

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I always had this idea/dream set up for the costumes for a total of 3 costumes ... which the set up can be altered depending on the technical limitations. For example, if the game can only support 10 each of the characters, then I would do 2 sets of 4 costumes, and then the final two be the "third" costume. With the release of some of the Alternate Art Tuesdays, there has been some multiple costumes for at least two characters have been revealed (MetaKnight and Samus for example.) For the 4 each costumes, you have the standard color, red, blue and green for teams. The third costume would obviously not follow that. Anyway, that has been in the back of my mind.

I do like how the new Smash has changed the team set up with the colored large outlines on team mates ... it allows more flexibility with costumes. Really smart decision which would be cool if that was possible on Project M! (Let's be honest, how often do we play teams on this game?) ;)

AroX

Smash Rookie
Hoping for Awakening Roy alt costume:)
I was about to make a post about this, Roy concept art from FE: Awaking looks soooo good! I would love to have this in the game. And as overloaded with alt costumes as Samus is, a Dark Samus costume would look great (unless they plan on making Dark Samus a separate character)

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
For anyone keeping track and/or placing bets, here are the characters without confirmed costumes.
  • Diddy
  • Zelda
  • Sheik
  • Ivysaur
  • Charizard
  • Zero Suit Samus (x3)
  • Samus (one left)
  • Kirby (potentially as stated by Nano)
  • Roy
  • Olimar
  • Mr Game & Watch
Edit: Pikachu and Jigglypuff have new costumes or semi-alts, so take that how you will.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
For anyone keeping track and/or placing bets, here are the characters without confirmed costumes.
  • Diddy
  • Zelda
  • Sheik
  • Ivysaur
  • Charizard
  • Zero Suit Samus (x3)
  • Samus (one left)
  • Kirby (potentially as stated by Nano)
  • Roy
  • Olimar
  • Mr Game & Watch
Edit: Pikachu and Jigglypuff have new costumes or semi-alts, so take that how you will.
Kirby has recolors, and isn't getting anything else.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
There should definitely be an option to turn off Melee sounds, though I love them the feeling of incongruity is going to be quite grating.

It would be nice to see a really inspired recolor of Kirby, like how a Creme Saver looked or something haha

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
There should definitely be an option to turn off Melee sounds, though I love them the feeling of incongruity is going to be quite grating.

It would be nice to see a really inspired recolor of Kirby, like how a Creme Saver looked or something haha
I don't think we should be worried about Melee SFX until a PMDT actually can confirm them.

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
I don't think we should be worried about Melee SFX until a PMDT actually can confirm them.
If they do put in Melee SFX, I hope it can be disabled. Nostalgia is making people look past the stupid audio choices they made in the early ones (like making Fox's reflector use the "pick up item" sound (then, in turn, giving him a different sound for picking up items)).

By the way, is that in his .sawnd? If so, can someone tell me which it is?

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Kirby has recolors, and isn't getting anything else.
We all know you guys would like some type of Kirby costume other than a recolor.
If our coding wizards can get an idea of ours to work, then it may happen. That is why for this update, we're only doing Grape and Carbon.
Unless @Nanobuds liked your post because the coding wizards failed.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I know about the attempts, and what Nano has said.

But it's my opinion that because we've yet to have confirmation on successful coding, it's best to treat the situation as thought there won't be Alts beyond recolors.
I never said they were getting any. I just compiled a list of characters who don't currently have alts and still have slots available. I figured Kirby was worth listing since Nano mentioned it.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
Not to stray from the point of the thread, but they could be making whole new sounds for Project M, with the best of Melee and Brawl. It would certainly fit the mod.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
If Peach says "Booty baaaaaccccckkk" like Meghan Trainor does in All About That Bass ever time she uses Bair or Peach Bomber, I'm there

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
SKYWARD ZELDA AAAAAAH!
Hey guys, a skyward Zelda alt should looks like the TRUE skyward one... or just have more realistic details?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I feel as if they're saving the best for last.
Not sure how much longer art tuesday's gonna last...
Probably till big house 4, at which they will either do the turbo mode contest video or some other trailer.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Kind of off topic, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway. We've seen more than just alternate costumes on Art Tuesdays, so how would people feel if we got proper HD versions of the Smash 64 stages in one of the next weekly updates?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Kind of off topic, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway. We've seen more than just alternate costumes on Art Tuesdays, so how would people feel if we got proper HD versions of the Smash 64 stages in one of the next weekly updates?
I'd love to see some of the classic stages get revamped a bit if that's what you mean. It bugs me that the 64 stages still just have 2D backgrounds. It just doesn't match the quality of the rest of the game. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'd love to see some of the classic stages get revamped a bit if that's what you mean. It bugs me that the 64 stages still just have 2D backgrounds. It just doesn't match the quality of the rest of the game. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice.
Well they are supposed to be direct copies of the Smash 64 stages. I wouldn't want to get rid of them, but it'd be sort of cool if you could choose between "Classic" and "Remastered" versions

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Corneria was basically an HD remake of 64's Sector Z, and that was done on Melee.

I'd love for there to be visual upgrades to stages like Saffron City (Fourside was more of a spiritual successor), Hyrule Castle, Dream Land, etc.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I prefer the original textures for the 64 stages because of muh nostalgia. I also think it's kinda cool being able to see the contrast between the brawl characters and the 64 models/textures.

And speaking of Corneria, I would totally be okay with it being replaced by Mewtwo2000's Sector Z.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I understand how same may feel nostalgic for the older backgrounds, but that kinda wears off. I've played Smash since 64 came out too, but I've never really cared for the backgrounds. The contrast between the characters and the stage makes it worse. I like what Mario Kart does by revamping stages. I was blown away when I saw Toad's Turnpike in MK8, and I still love how good it looks even now. That level of familiarity mixed with something new is great.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
I like my nostalgia where it is, thank you very much!
Really though, the stages are imported from Smash 64. It'd be weird (FOR ME) if they suddenly looked as HD as the new costumes. I'd probably get used to HD old stages, but then they wouldn't really feel like part of the 64 Smash.
Although I'm probably overthinking it.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Since everyone else is weighing in, I guess I'll just mention that yeah, it'd be great if they got some graphical upgrades. Have you guys seen the HD Hyrule Castle from the vault? It looks fantastic, and it doesn't take away from the nostalgia factor to have some upgraded looks. Getting each stage like this would make the game feel more cohesive in style.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Since everyone else is weighing in, I guess I'll just mention that yeah, it'd be great if they got some graphical upgrades. Have you guys seen the HD Hyrule Castle from the vault? It looks fantastic, and it doesn't take away from the nostalgia factor to have some upgraded looks. Getting each stage like this would make the game feel more cohesive in style.
Slap a 3D background on that and you have a 10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom