• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
How did you keep the hitboxes the same? One defining thing about Samus is the Shoulderpads.
We made sure for this situation, it wouldn't affect gameplay much.

I'm a samus "main" (for a semi-casual) and I haven't noticed a difference that affected my gameplay.

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
We made sure for this situation, it wouldn't affect gameplay much.

I'm a samus "main" (for a semi-casual) and I haven't noticed a difference that affected my gameplay.
For some reason, in pic #3, Fusion Samus looks like she has a see through visor. Is it true, or is it just me? 75% bet on "just me"

MLGF

Smash Lord
IS the blue pallet getting a slight revamp. or is it not important?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
So we've seen two of the Samus alts, but still no ZSS. I know she's getting alts to correspond with Samus', It would just be nice to see them. The fusion suit looks pretty sweet though.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
So I hear we need a new blue suit..

You know.. green could use a touch up too...

Malion

Smash Ace
Fuuuuu-sion, ha!

I like it. Will zss get a fusion outfit to match? Only time will tell.

And this could be good for a blue colour

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Clipping.

If we add shoulder pads, they have to be huge, or else the arms clip through it too much. Since Fusion Suit didn't have shoulder pads, we didn't have to worry about that problem.
Thanks for the explanation. When the LS was revealed I was told the big shoulder pads were for hibox reasons, and I was confused when I saw that the Fusion Suit had none.

Edit: lmao that's what the blogpost about it said, but plans change as time goes by.
Many of you who know the Metroid series will notice that the costume isn't as slim as the original design. We had to "buff" up the suit a bit, making the shoulder pads larger and the legs a bit thicker. This is to match the hitboxes and hurtboxes of the Brawl Samus model.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
We have since changed our mind.

I hope you guys don't mind.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Yeah I figured so, we get to play with the Fusion Suit, so I ain't complaining.

Narpas_sword

So.

Fusion Suit as a new character semi clone with different physics (faster falling / running, more like sheik than a zoner)
Ice mode moves to Fusion samus, with more moves made. to differentiate from Samus
slightly Different B moves
Fusion Recolours.

?

*wishful thinking*

Exodo

Smash Ace
probably one of the best alts yet!!! good job Nanobuds thats one good ass costume.

also since hurtboxes where untouched im guessing some attacks will reach some hurtboxes without touching the model right? like links arrow for example or nothing like this has been detected?

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
probably one of the best alts yet!!! good job Nanobuds thats one good *** costume.

also since hurtboxes where untouched im guessing some attacks will reach some hurtboxes without touching the model right? like links arrow for example or nothing like this has been detected?
Yes, but it wont be noticeable during gameplay. Its hardly a difference.

I'll make a video soon if you guys want.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
Yes, but it wont be noticeable during gameplay. Its hardly a difference.

I'll make a video soon if you guys want.
that would be lovely( the video i mean), i would enjoy watching that awesome suit in action >:D cause it seems the next update wont be coming anytime soon :l

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Oh wow. I'm glad this suit actually can be in the game! I hope the hotboxes for the dash attack don't look weird for the suit though.
So I hear we need a new blue suit..

You know.. green could use a touch up too...
I 100% support the blue recolor. (I really hope fans of the current blue Samus don't get pissed at the loss of their main color if it does get changed..)
Not 100% on the other colors though, since green is kind of traditional in the Smash series.
I also think the Dark suit color should be replaced with Phazon Suit colors if an actual Dark suit gets added.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Oh wow. I'm glad this suit actually can be in the game! I hope the hotboxes for the dash attack don't look weird for the suit though.

I 100% support the blue recolor. (I really hope fans of the current blue Samus don't get pissed at the loss of their main color if it does get changed..)
Not 100% on the other colors though, since green is kind of traditional in the Smash series.
I also think the Dark suit color should be replaced with Phazon Suit colors if an actual Dark suit gets added.
I actually really like Green Samus, especially Melee's. It's more of a "it's been in since the beginning" gripe, but I'd rather see a less centric color removed. Not saying that you're saying that though, haha. I just really like the green

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I getcha.
With Fusion suit Samus in the game as well as Light suit, I'm pretty confident that the next costumes for her are gonna be Dark suit and P.E.D. suit

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I really am happy with all this Metroid Fusion love. It would be really cool to see Fusion-related aesthetics to the suit, but it's not REALLY needed or anything.

I'm curious though. Can alts have custom taunts? I'm guessing not but I figured I'd ask

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I really am happy with all this Metroid Fusion love. It would be really cool to see Fusion-related aesthetics to the suit, but it's not REALLY needed or anything.

I'm curious though. Can alts have custom taunts? I'm guessing not but I figured I'd ask
I don't think so. 20 dollars in the pot.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
As long as it's PSA'd for the slot, I'm sure any costume can have any additional aspects.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
My guesses at ZSS costumes.

Light Suit- White outfit from fusion ending. I love this outfit, especially since she has her hair down. The color scheme fits well too. I recall there being rumors of this actually being a thing in PM. There was a render floating around somewhere.

Fusion Suit- Samus in shorts. This is a pretty popular costume, and it makes sense to pair it with the suit from the same game.

Dark Samus (assuming it gets in)- Justin Bailey. The darker color scheme would fit really well with the costume. I can't think of any other darker ZSS outfits.

I'd love to see a phazon suit recolor replace the current dark suit recolor if the last costume happens.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
My guesses at ZSS costumes.

Light Suit- White outfit from fusion ending. I love this outfit, especially since she has her hair down. The color scheme fits well too. I recall there being rumors of this actually being a thing in PM. There was a render floating around somewhere.

Fusion Suit- Samus in shorts. This is a pretty popular costume, and it makes sense to pair it with the suit from the same game.

Dark Samus (assuming it gets in)- Justin Bailey. The darker color scheme would fit really well with the costume. I can't think of any other darker ZSS outfits.

I'd love to see a phazon suit recolor replace the current dark suit recolor if the last costume happens.
Actually for the Dark suit, this could happen:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Costume even has a different sound for ice hits...
http://youtu.be/ae2LMnQ3uoA

Be sure to watch in 1080p if possible... Its hard to see the specular map's "scales" if you don't.
So yeah, will there be an option to disable melee sounds /download pm with the brawl hit sounds? The melee ones seem out of place. :I

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
The fusion suit looks awesome but the helmet looks a bit odd imo

is it possible to shape the visor as shown below? with sharp angles and not so round like it currently is. also the line that splits the helmet in two is absent. it should be added as it adds more detail to the helmet and gives it a different look.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Pretty sure it's just his personal build.

Brawl SFX are trash anyways, or mostly electric and sword sounds are terrible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom