• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Updated OP,

Fixed cosplau,

Added False Peach,

Updated OoT Link Render,

Changed Unmasked Man Lucas to Commander Lucas by request.

Probably the last update for the night, feel free to keep the suggestions coming. Cosplau are allowed. :p

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Updated OP,

Fixed cosplau,

Added False Peach,

Updated OoT Link Render,

Changed Unmasked Man Lucas to Commander Lucas by request.

Probably the last update for the night, feel free to keep the suggestions coming. Cosplau are allowed. :p
How about adding the new Pikachu costumes? At least the ones that should work.

Tero.

Smash Champion
The portraits/stock icons have numbered ID's. There is room to have a total of 10 slots for most characters until the ID's reach the next character's ID's. If we add more slots, then all of the portrait ID's will have to be re-written for every single costume slot.

Anyways... have some Alt gameplay.
Seing this I really want Lucarios dark alt to be more like Akuma

Changing the Belt and shoes and replacing the headband with prayer beads, maybe altering the tone of his skin/fur a little bit
I'm pretty sure the communities love for the PMBR would be infinite, would probably get us a few hundered SF4 players as well :D
Please consider it. I mean the intention with those alts where kinda obvious, might as well do it right then

Last edited:

TheLostSabre

Smash Cadet
Idol Pikachu (Cute)

Masked Pikachu (Tough)

Doctor Pikachu (Smart)

Madam Pikachu (Beauty)

Rocker Pikachu (Cool)
The funny thing here is these all represent a female Pikachu. Although nothing PMBR will likely consider, it'd be cool to add a female variation to Pikachu with her own unique alt. costumes separate from her male counterpart.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
The funny thing here is these all represent a female Pikachu. Although nothing PMBR will likely consider, it'd be cool to add a female variation to Pikachu with her own unique alt. costumes separate from her male counterpart.
While these costumes are pretty new i think they are just the thing that pikachu needs. A costume that make it distinguishable but in a new way that is also completely canon.

Plus c'mon the Masked Pikachu would be a perfect fit. Plus they are female to give us some female pika action... additionally they could make a recolour of it or two just for the heck of it.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with adding a female Pikachu? It's still the same character right?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Breaks the Giygas Mewtwo law hardcore lol.

It is pretty awesome tho.
Lol I know. Just wanted to share it with you guys. But do you know what the consequences are to giving a character, for instance, a cape? Why would that be bad? It wouldn't change the hitboxes, would it?

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Lol I know. Just wanted to share it with you guys. But do you know what the consequences are to giving a character, for instance, a cape? Why would that be bad? It wouldn't change the hitboxes, would it?
Hopefully this answers your question, considering it's already been stated in this thread.
Hitboxes would be messed up. And we cannot create havock bones (bones animated via "physics").
Pretty much a cape needs to be animated based on a character's motion, and that's not something that can be added to characters that don't already have one. In addition, the hit boxes wouldn't match the model's bones, so I one skin gets a cape, every skin gets a cape.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Hopefully this answers your question, considering it's already been stated in this thread.

Pretty much a cape needs to be animated based on a character's motion, and that's not something that can be added to characters that don't already have one. In addition, the hit boxes wouldn't match the model's bones, so I one skin gets a cape, every skin gets a cape.
Your pretty much saying the same thing he did, which tells me nothing. I need a reason why. Not just "because it can't be done". I'm wondering how things like a cape affect hurtboxes, even though they don't have any themselves. I'm thinking something like that is just out of the PMBR's reach at the moment, not that it can't be done.

I'm sorry for trying to be informed on the subject (posted on the other thread at around the same time as this one, in case no one answered).

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Your pretty much saying the same thing he did, which tells me nothing. I need a reason why. Not just "because it can't be done". I'm wondering how things like a cape affect hurtboxes, even though they don't have any themselves. I'm thinking something like that is just out of the PMBR's reach at the moment, not that it can't be done.

I'm sorry for trying to be informed on the subject (posted on the other thread at around the same time as this one, in case no one answered).
The fact that it CANNOT BE DONE isn't enough information for you. Why does any other information matter? If the PMBR has blatantly stated it won't be happening, why are we still talking about this?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
The fact that it CANNOT BE DONE isn't enough information for you. Why does any other information matter? If the PMBR has blatantly stated it won't be happening, why are we still talking about this?
Why can't it be done? "Because it cannot be done." That's definitely the answer I'm looking for.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Hey, let's bring cousin Paul back to life.

Actually, you can't bring people back to life.

Oh. Well how come?

It just can't be done, so the specifics aren't important.

Why?

Well, uh.

Why.

You just can't do it.

We probably shouldn't continue talking about this.
(He says after 67 posts in this thread and 5 in other threads)

I want to know why it can't be done because I want a reason. But whatever. It's clear I won't get an answer here anyways, so it's pointless to go on any further.
If you need to know Private Message someone who is more educated, (Throws Nano under the bus) rather than continuously asking what's been blatantly answered.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Hey, let's bring cousin Paul back to life.

Actually, you can't bring people back to life.

Oh. Well how come?

It just can't be done, so the specifics aren't important.

Why?

Well, uh.

Why.

You just can't do it.

We probably shouldn't continue talking about this.
(He says after 67 posts in this thread and 5 in other threads)

If you need to know Private Message someone who is more educated, (Throws Nano under the bus) rather than continuously asking what's been blatantly answered.
"It can't be done, because it can't be done." That's literally all you're telling me. Yeah, that sounds like a great reason to me alright.

Look, of you don't know the answer, just say you don't know lol. First I'll ask on PM's facebook. If I don't get an answer there, I'll definitely message someone directly. No hard feelings dude.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
"It can't be done, because it can't be done." That's literally all you're telling me. Yeah, that sounds like a great reason to me alright.

Look, of you don't know the answer, just say you don't know lol. First I'll ask on PM's facebook. If I don't get an answer there, I'll definitely message someone directly. No hard feelings dude.
Oh, no hard feelings for sure.

I'm certainly not one to know the details, I thought I made that clear. But if it isn't possible then in my eyes there isn't a place for that conversation to go. No understanding of why will change the simple reality of what.

But yeah, just ask around.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Oh, no hard feelings for sure.

I'm certainly not one to know the details, I thought I made that clear. But if it isn't possible then in my eyes there isn't a place for that conversation to go. No understanding of why will change the simple reality of what.

But yeah, just ask around.
Man, you know what? You are one ignorant guy, whom I should never talk to. I'll be sure never to post here again. Simple reality my ass. That ego will get you nowhere.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Man, you know what? You are one ignorant guy, whom I should never talk to. I'll be sure never to post here again. Simple reality my ***. That ego will get you nowhere.
Holy hostility.

I don't see any ignorance there, but alright. I mean it is fairly simple, knowing why something can't be done doesn't change the fact that it can't be done.

It's your choice whether or not you want to post here again, but I was fully prepared to drop this conversation as it's getting rather sickening. My response in no way reflects my ego. As the OP, I'm here to try to inform people, which I did to the best of my ability.

I was simply trying to tell you that once you know why it can't be done, that's it. It doesn't change anything.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
What's wrong with adding a female Pikachu? It's still the same character right?
I would argue no, it's not the same character anymore due to the different tail and gender. Remember that one character can cosplay another from the same series, but not change their gender.

And the reason no one can answer you DarkDeity is probably because nobody here knows the answer to your question in detail. You would need to ask the PMBR, specifically the guy who posts in this thread about it.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Holy hostility.

I don't see any ignorance there, but alright. I mean it is fairly simple, knowing why something can't be done doesn't change the fact that it can't be done.

It's your choice whether or not you want to post here again, but I was fully prepared to drop this conversation as it's getting rather sickening. My response in no way reflects my ego. As the OP, I'm here to try to inform people, which I did to the best of my ability.

I was simply trying to tell you that once you know why it can't be done, that's it. It doesn't change anything.
I've known that for a while now. But if all that sarcasm doesn't reflect your ego, I don't know what does lol. I never wanted it to end up the way it did, and I'm sorry about that. I only asked out of mere curiosity. Again, sorry for causing any harm.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Man, you know what? You are one ignorant guy, whom I should never talk to. I'll be sure never to post here again. Simple reality my ***. That ego will get you nowhere.
Psy's been respectful. You're the one who's been ignorant. And hostile. And snippy.

I've known that for a while now. But if all that sarcasm doesn't reflect your ego, I don't know what does lol. I never wanted it to end up the way it did, and I'm sorry about that. I only asked out of mere curiosity.
He wasn't being sarcastic

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I've known that for a while now. But if all that sarcasm doesn't reflect your ego, I don't know what does lol. I never wanted it to end up the way it did, and I'm sorry about that. I only asked out of mere curiosity.
I wasnt sarcastic in an attempt to offend you. I simply throw down sarcasm whenever, because I enjoy it. I'm apologetic if it hurt your feelings.

It's obvious to both of us this is going nowhere. So sorry if I came off as rude, and sorry it got this far. This is it. We're dropping the subject.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I would argue no, it's not the same character anymore due to the different tail and gender. Remember that one character can cosplay another from the same series, but not change their gender.

And the reason no one can answer you DarkDeity is probably because nobody here knows the answer to your question in detail. You would need to ask the PMBR, specifically the guy who posts in this thread about it.
They're about as different as OOT Link and TP Link are though. The Pikachu thing wouldn't be breaking the rules. Both genders also share the same voice, so it's no like it would seem out of place.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I already got Cowboy, Impa, and Twin Snakes.

I'll update the other ones, thanks for reminding me.

Edit: Looks like in the midst of my fatigue the other day I put Luigi's Mario Party costumes in the Ice Climber section. -.- Will fix. Lol.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The Melee versions of characters do have new models, as does classic Pit which also appeared in Melee as a trophy. In theory they are the same character though with a different look from a different game in the series.

Maybe if you took Pokémon breeding out of the equation it doesn't really matter the gender of the Pokémon, but it's hard for me to accept that Pikachu can be both male and female at the same time and be the exact same character.

It isn't like Villager or Mii Fighter who are not true characters but customizable avatars. Or Wii Fit Trainer who is an artificial hologram instructor that you pick which gender you want it those games. Pikachu is a character who you can't customize in his game beyond the costumes in AS/OR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom