• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Whoops, some of my suggestions were in the OP already. But I also noticed Excitebike Suit for Zero Suit Samus. Is that going to be taken away as a suggestion then? As well as things like the Captain Falcon Pikmin suit??

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Whoops, some of my suggestions were in the OP already. But I also noticed Excitebike Suit for Zero Suit Samus. Is that going to be taken away as a suggestion then? As well as things like the Captain Falcon Pikmin suit??
We'll keep those in, simply because they came about before we knew about that rule.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dude. I totally forgot about all the MP2 outfits. Holy asscrackers.

Wizard/Cowboy/Pirate Luigi and Bowser ftw.

And Dankey Kang.

Also we need a legitimate Dankey Kang alt.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And Princess Zorldo.

Yes. Yes we do.

Also, I'd like to petition the "only inside their universe" idea, so that we can include Ikey Kong.

I'm being totally serious, because Ikey Kong is both an amazing skin and just plain badass.

It's just a cosplay! C'mon!

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Damn, I miss Ikey kong, played using him a lot. Make it a thing pmbr

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
There are only 5 clone spots, and it would honestly be a waste to use one just to give Mario some extra costumes. And even then, he would have to have two separate spots on the CSS screen (one for each slot).
I found the article that mentioned the slots. So there were 7 to begin with, and now 5 are left. sorry, should've done the research first :p

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Archeologist Mario should be a costume because it's an actual costume he wore the entire time in Mario's Picross and Mario's Picross 2, not because of a generic costume in Mario Party 2 which I think shouldn't count for anyone at all since those apply to anyone and have no individual character flavor.

Yes, I realize the costume limit makes this sort of impossible unless they remove one of Mario's colors, but at least it's both canon and looks like something Mario would wear.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
You mean, create more costume slots by taking them from another character? If so, why would anyone want to get less costumes for other characters for more Mario slots?

It's possible to expand past 10 slots for everyone, but they'd have to reorganize and re-write the location of the cosmetics data of every character. And, in the words of Sweet Brown, ain't nobody got time for that.
Edit:

Oh, did he mean clone the character and put the two slots on the same one? Well, they can clone anyone they want, but I don't think they could link the slots together.
I kinda hope they do expand the slots eventually, as long as it's no too much of a pain in the ass. Maybe after they've finished with everything else they want to do with PM. It's just that characters like Mario and Link have so much potential. Also, why would they have to rewrite the data for every character? Couldn't they just do it for the characters that are already full on costumes?

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I kinda hope they do expand the slots eventually, as long as it's no too much of a pain in the ***. Maybe after they've finished with everything else they want to do with PM. It's just that characters like Mario and Link have so much potential. Also, why would they have to rewrite the data for every character? Couldn't they just do it for the characters that are already full on costumes?
The portraits/stock icons have numbered ID's. There is room to have a total of 10 slots for most characters until the ID's reach the next character's ID's. If we add more slots, then all of the portrait ID's will have to be re-written for every single costume slot.

Anyways... have some Alt gameplay.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Yes. Yes we do.

Also, I'd like to petition the "only inside their universe" idea, so that we can include Ikey Kong.

I'm being totally serious, because Ikey Kong is both an amazing skin and just plain badass.

It's just a cosplay! C'mon!

It's not my rule, that's straight from the PMBR baby.
Here are some for luigi

Silver Luigi

Parade Luigi
ill update them ASAP.

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is relevant but does anyone happen to have a screenshot of Ike's Hector outfit? I missed the stream and can't find it anywhere.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
The portraits/stock icons have numbered ID's. There is room to have a total of 10 slots for most characters until the ID's reach the next character's ID's. If we add more slots, then all of the portrait ID's will have to be re-written for every single costume slot.

Anyways... have some Alt gameplay.
I am so sad. I thought you would end the video by turning into ZSS via final smash... Oh well. It's cool anyways.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I think a classic Link from the 80s/early 90s would be cool to match classic Pit. I know it has been suggested already but I think it bears repeating.

Link is purposefully modeled in the 3D era to appeal to fangirls(and boys) just like Pit was changed in the same manner.

Last edited:

Jechtire

Smash Cadet
Are there really no pictures of the costumes shown on stream? I recall someone posting the Dark Metaknight costume earlier but I can't find it now.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I took a look at the OP, and I think a new Hyrule Warriors Link pic is needed.

The treasure pose doesn't show as much detail imo. I can say the same for other costume suggestions, not just Link.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I remember hearing something about this too, possibly because of its bones. How hard would it be to make bones for it from a designer standpoint, I wonder
Hitboxes would be messed up. And we cannot create havock bones (bones animated via "physics").

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Hitboxes would be messed up. And we cannot create havock bones (bones animated via "physics").
Thanks for clearing that up haha. I couldn't remember the exact reason. Does that mean Melee Jiggs' hit boxes were altered when she wore the sash then? Or is there some element present in Melee that isn't present in Brawl's engine that alleviated that issue? (ignoring the whole havoc bones thing for a minute)

Edit: So would the inability to create havoc bones mean that alternate costumes, like Peach in a very flowing kimono, could not come to fruition? (Pic included)

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Yeah, I've known about that. I've just gotten access to the list, so there might be a few things that aren't eligible.

Kimono Peach wouldn't work unless the sleeves were somehow bound to her dress bones.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Updated OP,

Added Mario Party 2 Costumes for Luigi, Impa Cosplay (Shiek), Ordon Link, Twin Snakes Snake, Silver Luigi, Parade Luigi, "Animal Pelt Ice Climbers", Classic ZSS, Super Princess Peach, Leon Cosplay (Wolf), and Wrestler Link.

Moved Excite Bike Jumpsuit (ZSS) and Melee Focus Band (Jiggs) to deconfirmed costumes.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Thanks for all the hard work Psykid. I know updating OPs is not the easiest thing to do!

P.S. I would love if this became a thing
Edit: Holy crap don't know why that is so big when you click on it. Buyer beware

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Thanks for all the hard work Psykid. I know updating OPs is not the easiest thing to do!

P.S. I would love if this became a thing

Edit: Holy crap don't know why that is so big when you click on it. Buyer beware
DEAR GOD THAT IS HUGE.

I appreciate it, man. The hardest part is having to look back through pages and pages for people's suggestions. Because people feel strongly about their ideas, so if I add 99/100 costumes, and their's was that 1/100 that I forgot, they'll notice. And they'll bring it up. I'm doing the best that I can, though. I think the fact that I'm on here via Mobile causes some misconception, cause someone will suggest something and see me viewing the thread but I can't add it.

I'll add Ivysur now. :)

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I noticed the updated OOT Link render wasn't in the OP, so here it is. I placed it next to the old render for sake of comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom