• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Updated OP with TP Magic Armor, TP Zora Armor, Maid Pikachu, Anime Ice Climbers, and Dealer Luigi.

Also added a rule stating that characters won't have costumes that reference games outside of their series. (The Giygas colored Mewtwo Law) I'm working to prevent rebellious flame wars. :cool:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
@DarkDeity15 I believe the PMBR's reasoning for picking alt. costumes was posted on their main page shortly after their existence was announced.

EDIT: Here it is.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Updated OP with TP Magic Armor, TP Zora Armor, Maid Pikachu, Anime Ice Climbers, and Dealer Luigi.

Also added a rule stating that characters won't have costumes that reference games outside of their series. (The Giygas colored Mewtwo Law) I'm working to prevent rebellious flame wars. :cool:
Btw the picture of anime Ice Climbers doesn't work, tells you to share provided links.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Pokémon hats don't count as new alt. costumes?

They certainly aren't recolors, so they probably should.
They do, there are just so many we shuffled them into a section.
Btw the picture of anime Ice Climbers doesn't work, tells you to share provided links.
Hmm.. It just worked for me. Can I get a second report on this? It could be either only working for me or only failing for you.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I don't mean the speculation list, just the confirmed costume list is missing the 3 added so far.
Ah. That's simply because they're returning from Melee, so they were low priority. Don't worry, I'll get em. I also don't have PNG's for them yet, so that's the dilemma that I'll have to figure. It shouldn't be long though.
It's also not working for me.
Okay, I'll look into it.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Condor will literally fly down from the sky and skin you if you think that will fly
Literally tear off your scrotum with a mighty KAKAW

srs tho it's an okay idea
I prefer Anime Climbers
Condor could sew them some orange hoodies with the hood in the likeness of his face. He's a nice guy. Very generous.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Condor could sew them some orange hoodies with the hood in the likeness of his face. He's a nice guy. Very generous.
Of course he'd require payment of your town's supply of veggies, the first born male, and the aforementioned scrotum.

But besides that generous as hell. He doesn't ask for much.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Good thing for the Icies that Popo's the middle child, I guess. Poor Dodo... he never had a chance.
That's the price you pay for GodCondor's protection

Plot twist, Popo and Nana are actually striking back against the mob that's protected their family's salad business for years when they can't pay and they start taking the shop's veggie stock as payment, despite their parents giving up Dodo to ensure protection all those years ago.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Arc, Jesus man.

Ice Climbers is ushc a simple game, and yet even I know the things you say are humorous I can't help but feel something deeper is going on with that game.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
This is why we need an Ice Climber revival like what Kid Icarus got! It can be Nintendo's version of the Survival genre. In fact, there was a thread somewhere where that was discussed...
And an F-Zero reboot...

And a Balloon Fight reboot...

And Itoi's official Mother 4...

And this.

Exodo

Smash Ace
We could have The Black Knight for Ike though.

Considering..
They both have the same Sword instructor
OR, we can have black knight as a character cloned of ike, with an alt costune of zelgius aka him with the red armor and maskless, and give ike his lord costume!!!

Exodo

Smash Ace
Ike already has Hector's Armor. Black Knight might be overkill.
Derp he could still get the lord outfit in a future date, and black knight is the perfect fit if another FE rep would be added, but that ia not part of this thread so not going into details(which im already doing, damnit stop typing!!! :facepalm:)

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Derp he could still get the lord outfit in a future date, and black knight is the perfect fit if another FE rep would be added, but that ia not part of this thread so not going into details(which im already doing, damnit stop typing!!! :facepalm:)
Haha it's ok. Off Topic doesn't bother me, as long as it's closely related and doesn't flood.

A lot of the usuals at the CE Thread are usuals here too, so no worries.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Alright, here are some more costumes and their pics you can put in the OP.

Cowboy Luigi (plus the angry eyebrows)

OoT Impa Sheik costume (give her a bunch of bandages wrapped around her mouth if she needs to be censored)

Ordon Villager Link (with sword sheath, Ordon Sword, and shield)

Twin Snakes Solid Snake

"Iroquois Pliskin"

Also, here's an image you can add for Draw Dedede, as he hasn't got a picture for it.

Finally, its my opinion that the section dedicated to just Pokemon in general items be just removed.
The ideas are pretty obscure to somebody who hasnt played every Pokemon, and the Pokemon have enough ideas to fill all their costume slots, if necessary.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Alright, here are some more costumes and their pics you can put in the OP.

Cowboy Luigi (plus the angry eyebrows)

OoT Impa Sheik costume (give her a bunch of bandages wrapped around her mouth if she needs to be censored)

Ordon Villager Link (with sword sheath, Ordon Sword, and shield)

Twin Snakes Solid Snake

"Iroquois Pliskin"

Also, here's an image you can add for Draw Dedede, as he hasn't got a picture for it.

Finally, its my opinion that the section dedicated to just Pokemon in general items be just removed.
The ideas are pretty obscure to somebody who hasnt played every Pokemon, and the Pokemon have enough ideas to fill all their costume slots, if necessary.
A few of these, Impa for instance is already in the OP.

The others I'll add when I'm off mobile in the morning.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64

But doesn't the existence of Lucaryu kind of interfere with this rule?

I'd kind of like to see a Wolf costume using Leon's suit from Starfox Assault. Maybe Wolf could be green-colored as well.

Super Princess Peach as an alt complete with Perry umbrella would be a nice touch. Maybe she could even use Toadette as Toad instead, which would honestly be nice to see.

And a nod to older Metroid games would be cool to as alts for Zero Suit Samus

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
His references all exist within the Pokemon universe as far as I'm aware.

Koopa Troopa Squirtle, tho.
I mean that Lucaryu was just released as a new alt costume in Project M. Doesn't that reference Street Fighter (albeit not in this thread, but rather the actual game is referencing another series Pokemon is not related to)?

Another alt for Samus could be helmetless Samus, but still in suit. Kind of spoilery, so beware.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I mean that Lucaryu was just released as a new alt costume in Project M. Doesn't that reference Street Fighter (albeit not in this thread, but rather the actual game is referencing another series Pokemon is not related to)?
It's not actually a SF reference. The Gi is similar, but the costume has Pokemon inspiration everywhere.

And Nano said Koopa Troopa squirts was a "coincidence". ;)

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
A few of these, Impa for instance is already in the OP.

The others I'll add when I'm off mobile in the morning.
I was going to say that none of them are in the OP because I checked, and Impa in the OP said it was SS-based, not OoT-based.
But then I realized you're probably tired as ****, so I'll let it slide. :p

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I was going to say that none of them are in the OP because I checked, and Impa in the OP said it was SS-based, not OoT-based.
But then I realized you're probably tired as ****, so I'll let it slide. :p
Indeed. And, I'm on Mobile so I can't get Image URL's, therefor there's no way for me to hyperlink the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom