• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Psh, I'd rather see Roy in Rutger's costume, or maybe Perceval's costume. He could probably pull either of those off pretty well.

For $h1tz n giggles though, Roy in Lilina's costume. Somebody make it happen.
Roy as Zephiel would be absurdly awesome, too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hmm...Zephiel's armor..

Can Roy's build comfortably pull off Zephiel's armor? It would be amazing if it'll work out.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
The person who does PM unlocked is PMBR now. Maybe there's hope to see that MK (and more) in future builds.

Pikmin suit when...

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Psh, I'd rather see Roy in Rutger's costume, or maybe Perceval's costume. He could probably pull either of those off pretty well.

For $h1tz n giggles though, Roy in Lilina's costume. Somebody make it happen.

This guy's costume..? .
Meh

^ Perceval looks cool I guess, but..

^ I thought everybody liked Leif's outfit for Roy the most..

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
LIEF. LEIF.

Not gonna lie guys I haven't played FE in forever and I only remember Binding Blade clearly.

I've heard Leif suggested but never realized how badass that is. I'm actually having somebody make a Roy costume with that color scheme.

+12 Leif I'm starting a poll.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
You think if they add a Dr. Luigi skin, they'll model it off Dr. Mario and give him blue gloves and pants, or actually model him off his actual in-game appearance?

I know for a fact they'll definitely have to make his coat from scratch because unlike Mario, Luigi isn't (entirely?) a ****** that can barely fit into a kids size doctors coat.

Shin F.

Smash Master
You think if they add a Dr. Luigi skin, they'll model it off Dr. Mario and give him blue gloves and pants, or actually model him off his actual in-game appearance?

I know for a fact they'll definitely have to make his coat from scratch because unlike Mario, Luigi isn't (entirely?) a ****** that can barely fit into a kids size doctors coat.
They would likely model it after their Dr. Mario. They were initially going to do him after his official appearance, but changed him for various reasons. For instance, I know they darkened his pants specifically to make them easier to distinguish from his body at a distance, so it's likely Luigi would get the same treatment.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'd personally like a Doc based off of in-game appearances. Don't get me wrong Pik worked magic on PM's Dr. Mario, but for me there's something slick looking about the full white outfit.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I just re-watched Pokemon: The First Movie. Clone Charizard needs to be a thing. He's not getting his Mega forms, so it's not like they can do much else for an alt.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I'd personally like a Doc based off of in-game appearances. Don't get me wrong Pik worked magic on PM's Dr. Mario, but for me there's something slick looking about the full white outfit.
This reminds me that I need to revamp my Dr Luigi,
I already made a recolor with white pants, I just need to make the model look a lot better.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There was a really good Conductor TLink someone made in the Customized Content section.

What are our feelings on that as an option? (Or a variation on it.)

MLGF

Smash Lord
I guess if Luigi could get a Doctor Luigi costume, it may be white? IIRC it was a prob because people couldn't see where the hitboxes would be on an all white Mario because his color meshes with the model so much. Luigi's lankier so it should be easier...

Then again, having one different from the other would bug me (Luigi can't wear the hat if he gets one by this case.)

On the flip, Mr. L is perfect and I can't see many people jumping boat.
....but what about Doctor Mr. L?

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I guess if Luigi could get a Doctor Luigi costume, it may be white? IIRC it was a prob because people couldn't see where the hitboxes would be on an all white Mario because his color meshes with the model so much. Luigi's lankier so it should be easier...

Then again, having one different from the other would bug me (Luigi can't wear the hat if he gets one by this case.)

On the flip, Mr. L is perfect and I can't see many people jumping boat.
....but what about Doctor Mr. L?
Wouldn't bother me, the official Dr. Luigi has a hat, and the official Dr. Mario doesn't.

Also Doctor Mr L? http://i.imgur.com/Tz0tg0N.png :troll:

Defile

Smash Apprentice
It seems that there are a lot of people who want a second alternate costume for characters that already have an one (Young Link alternate for Toon Link, Ninten alternate for Ness or Lucas, etc.) The PMBR should focus on creating one alternate costume for each and every character before creating another alternate costume for a character who already has one.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
But pmbr already said that not all characters will be getting alt costumes. Or was that smash 4? Dammit

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
There seem to be a lot of people who want a second alternate costume for characters that already have an alternate costume (Young Link alternate for Toon Link, Ninten alternate for Ness or Lucas, etc.) The PMBR should focus on creating one alternate costume for each and every character before creating another alternate costume for a character who already has one.
I like your thinking.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
There was a really good Conductor TLink someone made in the Customized Content section.

What are our feelings on that as an option? (Or a variation on it.)
Conductor Link would be great. I'm really hoping that they add him.

There seem to be a lot of people who want a second alternate costume for characters that already have an alternate costume (Young Link alternate for Toon Link, Ninten alternate for Ness or Lucas, etc.) The PMBR should focus on creating one alternate costume for each and every character before creating another alternate costume for a character who already has one.
Some characters just have a lot of costume potential, while others don't. It's be nice for each character to get one, but good costumes don't easily come to mind for certain characters.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Ninten over Lucas? Gross. Now Kumatora on the other hand....

Raijinken

Smash Master
Well, Mario and Wario are full. Kirby can't really get one, except for a few ideas. I trust they'll make alts where they're needed.
Speaking of Kirby, and I assume it's probably been mentioned before, but Gooey, TAC, or something like that would be really cool for Kirby.

Exodo

Smash Ace
Idunno though, PMBR is apparently "magic", so maybe they'll try and make it possible to add new items to Alt Costumes for special moves in the future for an update.. 4.0 maybe?
that would change the game waaay too much, plus unnecessary in my opinion.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Throw Kirby would be a cool alt. Just Kirby with a bandanna. Think Melee Jiggly bandanna, but red or blue.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
The only Kirby costume I can think of that wouldn't interfere with hats is some form of Yarn Kirby. I don't think it would be possible to replicate the exact Yarn Kirby look in this game though. It'd have to be either a stuffed Yarn Kirby or something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do6CqWfXD7U
I think Kirby would be better off going the Yoshi route and just getting 10 recolors since there aren't many suitable alts.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Whoops. Completely went over my head.
You mean where a hat goes? :bee:

But anyways. I guess seeing as how G&W's "hat" is just an entire reskin, it would be kinda hard to come up with anything that actually changes Kirby's sillhouette. But maybe they could make an 8bit Kirby and change his eyes and mouth to be pixely or something. Better than nothing, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom