• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I dunno exactly what you're saying there, but I don't think they've decided everything yet. I'm sure they have a lot of ideas, just like we do, and they probably have a good idea of where they wanna go. But they probably haven't set all of them in stone.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Hell, maybe they'll even make different packs of alts for us to use if we don't like the default ones. Over time, of course; probably not in the initial release.

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
Guys, guys. Hear me out.
What if the Project M Backroom makes a texture for Link based on what they think would be best for Link and if one doesn't like it, then one can insert a different texture?
Outrageous I know, but it Might. Just. Work.
You know, that actually makes me wonder... Do you think it'll be possible to shoop your own textures over alts made by the ACE?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
You know, that actually makes me wonder... Do you think it'll be possible to shoop your own textures over alts made by the ACE?
My guess is that they'll just be named like the rest of the character files (like Wario's extra textures), and the actual work will be done by a code in a GCT. If that's the case, we should be able to without problems.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Hell, maybe they'll even make different packs of alts for us to use if we don't like the default ones. Over time, of course; probably not in the initial release.
I doubt the PMBR will do that. But you'll likely have absolutely no trouble finding "unofficial" alternate options in the customized content section.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I doubt the PMBR will do that. But you'll likely have absolutely no trouble finding "unofficial" alternate options in the customized content section.
Yeah, I know...they just won't be P:M quality, that's all. Not that there's not good stuff out there, 'cause there is.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
There's plenty of good stuff though, and I'd prefer the PMBR not waste more time than necessary working on textures, when the game's mechanics aren't finished being polished.

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
There's plenty of good stuff though, and I'd prefer the PMBR not waste more time than necessary working on textures, when the game's mechanics aren't finished being polished.
Are the texture people the same ones working on actual gameplay mechanics? I assumed different people handled different stuff for the most part, though I'm sure there's some overlap.

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
@PrivateJoker-Brown about the LoZ dispute

I respect your opinion, although, what do you think should appear as alts, that would fit/look better than OoT alts? Which alts for Link, Zelda, Ganondorf do you think should be added?

cmart

Smash Lord
Are the texture people the same ones working on actual gameplay mechanics? I assumed different people handled different stuff for the most part, though I'm sure there's some overlap.
This is pretty much correct. While there is some overlap, we have an art team that works on new models and textures.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

I respect your opinion, although, what do you think should appear as alts, that would fit/look better than OoT alts? Which alts for Link, Zelda, Ganondorf do you think should be added?
Melee/OoT version of Ganondorf and Zelda/Shiek are all fine with me. For Link, I am not opposed to the idea of Ordon/Farmer Link.

I'm pretty much ok with anything they come up with that isn't ********, like putting cloud over ike or silly things like that. They should absolutely NOT feel a need to make every LoZ character consistent with each other. As long as it's from LoZ, it's fine by me.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
So by that; RECRUIT AS MUCH PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE - that have some experience

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
I figured out two things they could do for Kirby's alt, either they could give him his Scuba Diving mask, or they could give him his little inner tube

B.W.

Smash Champion
Scuba diving mask will clash with stuff like R.O.B.'s laser power. Inner tube will clash with Samus and Sonic's powers.

Good ideas though. Powers just get in the way of putting anything on Kirby.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Well, isn't there a way to simply create each costume as a full Kirby Model? In that since, the default Kirby could have add ons, while not having them clash with his Copy Abilities. Is that plausible?
Edit: If there is a way to create a full detail costume that contains Game And Watch copy properties, then I too think that the Epic Yarn Kirby is a must. (That is, if it's even allowed. Just saying, they have boundaries, I myself don't know exactly where they believe they should be set though.)

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
It's funny - Kirby's one of the few characters where I feel like all his different colors add a lot.

Kirby, Yoshi, Link, Toon Link.. the more colors those guys get, the better. : D

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
There were so many colors in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. If they take the color route, I wonder what they'll choose for extra colors.
I'm still vying for Grape. That was my favorite. Charcoal was good too, though they could do a Shadow Kirby color as well. What's currently in the game? Pink, blue, green, yellow, white,, and red?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I'm still vying for Grape. That was my favorite. Charcoal was good too, though they could do a Shadow Kirby color as well. What's currently in the game? Pink, blue, green, yellow, white,, and red?
I think you'll get your wish with a grape Kirby.

Someone on the team is obsessed with purple and is giving everyone one.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
I actually mentioned this in the character Idea Submission Thread about Samus. It would be awesome if Samus had some different kinds of suits instead of just having different color Varia Suits. SO instead of the dark brown suit she has, she should get her Dark Suit from Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. Her Light suit from MP2 Echoes, if done properly, would also be a great addition to her costumes. Not to mention some of the classic suits from games like Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion would be awesome. I know there are already some models on Brawl Vault that could use some PMBR styled revamping. This is my one and only real costume must have for the Alt costume code.

red9rd

Smash Ace

Read the last two pages.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
Hows about Starfox 64 Wolf? unlike Fox and Falco's 64 version wolf's 64 incarnation looks far different.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I use the 64 style wolf right now, actually. It does look pretty sweet, he actually has the eyepatch instead of a scouter, and he has clothes instead of armor. Despite being called "64 style", it just looks sweet instead of being blocky and N64 looking.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I elect Melee Style Zelda characters, and Spacies. Outside of that, Lord Versions of the Fire Emblem reps would be the icing on the cake for me.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
I use the 64 style wolf right now, actually. It does look pretty sweet, he actually has the eyepatch instead of a scouter, and he has clothes instead of armor. Despite being called "64 style", it just looks sweet instead of being blocky and N64 looking.
May I see a picture?

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
Cool, I think studying the Melee intro would be the only way the make it work, but it is solid looking.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Brawl Vault's site coding seems to be a mess and has been for months now. I don't know if it's because Dantarion's directly responsible for the HTML and he hasn't touched it in forever or what, but I hope it gets fixed at some point by someone.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
It's good, but it's basically Wolf with a darker Star Fox uniform and an eye-patch. We'd probably differentiate him further from Fox if it were us. There never was a true full body picture of Wolf in the N64 era, so we could technically use a bit of our imagination. Making him look like a member of the Star Fox team would be strange IMO. Still, much better than the Brawl Assault costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom