• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plenty of Ness VIDS

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
I've been wanting to get some vids up and I finally got to it. So far I only have matches against my brother, RIP, who mains jiggs. Being that i was playing against my brother, there were many times where I got overly relaxed so please excuse some of the dumb mistakes. Anyway, constructive criticism is always good so post away...

TBP VS RIP 1

TBP VS RIP 2

TBP VS RIP 3

TBP VS RIP 4

TBP VS RIP 5

TBP VS RIP 6

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
no one's replying......
your ness is awesome.
You play him alot differently than normal.
great use of wavelanding on the platform stages.
I'm Gonna have to start using that!

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
great, great stuff. one of the better nesses ive seen in a while.
loved the platform movement, and jab after djc'd bair was pretty sick too.
shweeet ness.:p

dan smith

Smash Champion
I'm going to be really critical here...

Your technicals are good, but your fighting style is sloppy. You're furious and hectic, when the best that Ness can be is reserved and precise. The fact that the you survive some of your mistakes seems to be entirely your opponents fault.

The style you play is more fitting to a character who can accumulate a lot of damage without worrying. Heavier/stronger characters can match blow for blow and end up in the advantage, because they are both hard to KO and deal lots of damage per hit. Ness is neither heavy nor strong though. He needs to hit more than he gets hit, or he will end up with more damage and die before he's anywhere near the % he needs to KO.

On the subject of Ness's weak KO capability, your edgegaurding is one fairly simple thing you could improve to greatly increase your KO count.

Having said all that, you're definately going in the right direction, you've got all the skill. Now just work our your strategies a little bit and you'll be top notch. Defense, combo, edge guard, and recovery. Put your attacks right where they're supposed to be and you won't need to attack so much.

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the critique. Like I said, I was playin against my brother so i was EXTREMELY relaxed. I kno how to play smart when I need to. And as for the edgeguarding, it's jigglypuff!!! When I get more vids up against other people you can expect more. That's a promise.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
If that Jigglypuff knew how to edgeguard, you would have been ****ed. Be more careful with your DJCs, especially against Jigglypuff. A good Jigglypuff could have baited you to DJC for no reason, like you did a bunch of times, and kick you off the stage (and there's the end of that stock). While being fast is good, it has to be controlled speed, not randomly attacking.

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
If that Jigglypuff knew how to edgeguard, you would have been ****ed. Be more careful with your DJCs, especially against Jigglypuff. A good Jigglypuff could have baited you to DJC for no reason, like you did a bunch of times, and kick you off the stage (and there's the end of that stock). While being fast is good, it has to be controlled speed, not randomly attacking.
My bro is definitely not one who cannot edgegaurd!!! He's one of the best jigglypuff players in florida and is very dangerous once he gets you off the edge. It's just that I play against him so much that I know how to avoid getting gimped by him (although it's still very difficult). If you watched the videos carefully, you'll notice that he knows just what to do to stop me from getting back on. I destroy other jigglypuff players because of the practice I've received from playin against my brother so much.

P.S. Simna, there's a marth player in my crew who is considered the 2nd best Marth in Florida. I'll get some vids up against him for ya :)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Hah, you play a lot like me, but with better tech skills and more wavedashing. Can I get your permission to put your videos in my archive(I AM adding videos to it, I swear...just been busy...>_>)

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
Sure you can use the vids. Just let me get the link to the archive and I'll be glad to look at that. Also, I'd like to see some vids of your ness since you say your play-style is similar to mine. We can trade tips!

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
Ever plan to be in or around the Ocala area?
No but me and some of my crewmates probably wouldn't mind takin a drive out if there's a lot of people to smash with. Have you been to any tournies???

TBP *****!!

and once again Florida proves their technical skill

TBP has his techs on point, u should show these kids the "loops" lol
Good lookin out Joe! U kno Florida's got a rep to keep up!

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Well, the similiar playstyle thing might just be my imagination, but it appears to be true. And the Video Archive is a little below this topic, bout half a page down.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Ugh, I feel so embarrassed, it's been so long since I've updated it, there's something like 40 videos I want to add, but I just can't find the time. I tried to start last week, but my progress got interrupted, and ultimately deleted.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'm trying to, I don't have any video capture, and until lately, I didn't feel like I was good enough to even bother making video. But I might have a couple from a recent smashfest/tournament which would be cool. And I think one of my friends has video capture equipment too...

dan smith

Smash Champion
I've never had a vid before, sadly, I should have made some vids back in the day when I was in tournament condition.

This is a vid of me playing recently though. It's definitely not pretty, but it at least shows me style, even if I'm a little shakey on my technicals.

This was my last match of the day as well. It's amazing how important stamina is in Smash. I had never realized. Back in the day, I could smash for hours and be fine...but then recently it only took about ten serious matches before my fingers started getting really achy.

What it all comes down to is my first videotaped match, which I didn't know was being taped while I was playing, and which is possibly one of the sloppiest tournament matches I've ever played.

Now you all get a chance to tear me apart the way I alway do to you. :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ore4ueLL78

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
I've never had a vid before, sadly, I should have made some vids back in the day when I was in tournament condition.

This is a vid of me playing recently though. It's definitely not pretty, but it at least shows me style, even if I'm a little shakey on my technicals.

This was my last match of the day as well. It's amazing how important stamina is in Smash. I had never realized. Back in the day, I could smash for hours and be fine...but then recently it only took about ten serious matches before my fingers started getting really achy.

What it all comes down to is my first videotaped match, which I didn't know was being taped while I was playing, and which is possibly one of the sloppiest tournament matches I've ever played.

Now you all get a chance to tear me apart the way I alway do to you. :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ore4ueLL78

I'm not gonna tear you apart. Your Ness is pretty good but still could use some work. One thing I can tell you is that when you do your SHFFL'd Fair, if you start it immediately after you jump, you don't even have to L-cancel it. In fact, don't even fast-fall Fairs, they're much more efficient that way. And one more thing, I kno you're all about playing conservatively but you might wanna work on your speed. Having speed opens up more possibilities of mindgames.

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
well there's always a bunch of tournies to go to in central florida. There's one this saturday by UCF. You should try to come out cause there always huge and a lot of fun. Just look in the atlantic south thread in the regional zones to find out where they are. You'll also see a biweekly thread there. Every friday there's a biweekly held in the same area. You can PM me for more info.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm not gonna tear you apart. Your Ness is pretty good but still could use some work. One thing I can tell you is that when you do your SHFFL'd Fair, if you start it immediately after you jump, you don't even have to L-cancel it. In fact, don't even fast-fall Fairs, they're much more efficient that way. And one more thing, I kno you're all about playing conservatively but you might wanna work on your speed. Having speed opens up more possibilities of mindgames.
isn't a ff'd fair required for fair to grab?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
TBP is too good. Since hes too lazy I'm going to get and put up some vids of my falco vs his ness for you guys.

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for helpin out Sheer. Sorry for takin so long by the way. I actually have some time on my hands right now so I think I'll go ahead and work on that.

Top Bottom