• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please watch my G&W vid and help me!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I posted this on the vids thread but figured I'd get a bigger response here...I just started using G&W recently and wanted some help with things I may be missing...this is probably an average representation of the skill level I generally play at with G&W. After watching this one major thing I noticed is that light-shield is not yet a habit and should be the ONLY way I shield. Also since I don't have the splitters necessary for recording on the computer as well as playing on the TV, playing directly through the computer created a tiinnnnnnny bit of lag, so no need to comment that I should l-cancel my fairs/dairs better [if I missed a bunch that is, don't recall if I did or not]...so yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated, I know I have a lot to learn...thanks in advance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgvuLV79slI

edit: I also already know I don't really have any mindgame skills with G&W...hah at least look at my Pika vid to know I'm capable of em hahaha

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Hmm I guess is pretty decent, I didn't saw you missing L-cancels if you find your self slow is because some of G&W's aerials cannot be L-canceled. I'll give you a 6 out of 10 but idk dont take it too seriously cause I suck with G&W.

Btw would you watch my vids too and rate me? just click on my sig and watch the vids.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i dont think his F/Bair's can be L-cancelled. Or atleast i tried some today and it didnt seem to do anything.

toasty

Smash Hero
Cancelling fair is a necessity. (L-cancelled) Fair to dtilt is like, G&W bread and butter ^__^

Dair also. The moves that can't are uair, nair, and bair.
exactly @ everything you just said =D

but...not to be ungrateful: I already knew all of this! I need help/comments on what I could work on, there's another G&W video up, and I'm going to post a third one from the same day...lemme know what I can work on.
second G&W match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUbVcEGieiY

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
fair more, roll less or not at all, use wavedash instead, and taunt more :D

haddos

Smash Rookie
from what i see the only things that i need work are your defensive game just a but but its easier to say than to do i guess and work on your approach a little fair is just a little better than nair for approaching especially when its l-cancelled

Red7z7

Smash Apprentice
k youre not bad. you need to work on speeding up your game with more dashing and wavedashing, which will also help your timing and spacing. use shuffled fairs more, cuz i barely saw you do any. and dont ledgehop to uair as much, its not very effective... a ledgehopped fair is much better. and uh learn to incorporate some grabs and throw combos into your game like d throw to hammer and whatnot. keep workin on those things

toasty

Smash Hero
k k thanks a lot guys...man, that video's so old now hahahaha...hopefully this weekend I'll get some G&W vids recorded so I can ask again =D

And as for going against Yoshi, so long as I can perfect my recovery so he doesn't gimp me with dtilt/smash, it's alllll good.

And bair is great, though not against Yoshi [well, not the Yoshi main at our school anyway], I've eaten far too many nairs from him cuz he'll start to double jump as I approach [G&W is his secondary] so he'll tank all the hits and then destroy me haha

but yeah thanks again for the advice...

Top Bottom