• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please implement B-revesaled fireballs into your game

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
This gets you out of 90% of air traps for free, and is amazing because it can be used multiple times in moderate succession, compliments cape stall AND FLUDD, and is very difficult to cover the option. This reduces (not eliminates) a huge weakness of Mario, being juggled. Mario's mobility isn't bad, but he's definitely pretty floaty, and he SUCKS at hitting targets below him so using this more to get out of juggles is essential.

After B-reversing a fireball, you can then continue in your new momentum reversed direction, and throw a fireball behind you to help fight a chase. Then you can FLUDD in the direction of your opponent, which combats even Tornado. It also lets you set up to do a protective Bair, whereas Cape can sometimes be obvious.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'll get to this. I've been slacking on working on B-reversals and I know that you've told me. Actually I haven't done much stuff in training mode because I'm busy as hell and most of my days when I don't do something you're here XD.

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman
I have been implementing B-reversaled fire balls in my game. It works wonders. More people should definitely use this.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Yeah.. it's really good and can lead in some nice things.
I still think more mario's need to get cape tricks in their game it works wonders.
I've seen famous use it often reverse cape glide to usmash as example :)

vato_break

Smash Master
i while back i did some testing was kinda hoping fludd+fireball b reversal would add a huge bounce since fludd changes your momentum dramaticly when mario is in the air but, it didn't :(... never the less

mixups!(i have said this time and time agian guys ;])

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Is this what the Snake players do with grenades in the air when they're falling one way, but pull out a nade and shift their momentum in the opposite direction as they do it?

If so, I don't know how to do this and have been trying to learn for awhile now.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I use B reversal all the time, but i spam it most with Mario's and Luigi's Fireballs.
For both provide an exellent wall on approaching opponents.
Mario's easily combo into a B air on low %
and Luigi's Sets the opponent up for a FJP if timing is proper.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's pretty easy to do, but it's annoying to do so on the fly consistently.

Whenever Matt gets his *** back online we'll make a video.

Also, I'm not sure if people are actually understanding this. I've never seen this done in a video.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It sounds like it, yes.

Try this:

-Go to training mode
-Perform regular standing fireballs. Keep and eye on the 'Start-up' animation.
-Do B-reversal Fireballs while standing. If the Start-up animation is in front of Mario instead of behind, you're doing it correctly.
-Take it to the next step and do B-Reversal fireballs while running. This is actually harder to do than in the air, but it's also more obvious.
-Once you got that down, jump backwards in the air, then fireball, and right as Mario starts up the fireball, do a B-reversal.

Here's when you actually perform the AT.

-Perform the previous step, but as you do the B-Reversal, slam your Control stick at opposite direction of where you B-reversal'd. You'll notice a dramatic shift in momentum as you're fireballing.

B-Reversal is actually the wrong name for this. It's more like a wavebounce.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Alright, that sounds like it. I'll practice this next time I get my hands on a Wii.
Thanks dude.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Flashy? It's critical.

And just to reiterate, to execute this technique, you must hold one direction to gain forward momentum, then fireball, and THEN AFTER YOU FIREBALL IMMEDIATELY hit the opposite direction.

Yes, it is the same techniques that Snakes use for the same reason I'm suggesting Mario do it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That's just a regular B-reversal.

Is that all you're advocating? I believe alot of Marios actually do this.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I think a lot of Marios do this, still it's good for people who don't I guess.
lol i got it from Veggi XD

been using this since 09 now, it's really good tool when getting juggled, alot of people don't expect it... don't always spam it though.. esp if you end up in a bad position.

I've been wanting to put this into my game for a while but never got around to it.

It's just so **** flashy... =D
it is flashy lols

kudos pierce

Veggi

Smash Champion
Just throwing this out there, sometimes I scare Snake mains by charging a smash with DK to bait an airdodge and then they b reverse a nade after already using their cypher, then they fall off the edge and die. XD

I just wanted to say that for some reason.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-I was working a lot on this and i got pretty nice things with this...seriously dudz, try out the FIRA style x9-

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Is this what the Snake players do with grenades in the air when they're falling one way, but pull out a nade and shift their momentum in the opposite direction as they do it?

If so, I don't know how to do this and have been trying to learn for awhile now.
It is exactly what you're describing.

Press neutral B, then you have a few frames (I don't know the exact number) to hit the opposite direction.

B-Reversal is actually the wrong name for this. It's more like a wavebounce.
A common misconception, but wavebouncing is something different. I believe wavebouncing is when you RAR a B-reversal, which makes you fly away from the direction you're facing while using a special.

Also, yeah, B-reversals are amazing. They are also good out of SHs both to bait approaches (run at them, B-reverse fireball, they shield while you land, try to punish your lag, but if properly spaced, they can't, then you punish them) or to lead into Dsmash (when they chase you on the ground, at the right distance, you can surprise them with a B-reversed fireball and it combos into Dsmash.). These, are of course, just mixups.

A few other tricks are run off the ledge and B-reverse a fireball, making the fireball bounce of the edge and go straight down, which can allow for gimps (hell, sometimes it combos into a footstool), or doing the same thing off of a platform, which can seriously mess with an opponent's spacing. If you time it right, you can even B-reverse a fireball under a platform while staying on it (only managed to pull this off once. The timing is really strict).

Top Bottom