• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing for Fun??? I stand out from the crowd & and I play to WIN!!!

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Just like I said in the title of Topic, I PLAY TO WIN!!! Its as simple as that. If you want to be a gamer that stands out from the rest of the crowd and you want to be recognized as the best, I beseech you to read this online book, meditate on it, apply to situations in gaming, and make it a essential part of your core being.

Playing to Win: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/

If this has already been posted, than forgive me. But if this is the first time that the community has seen this, please do not take this for granted.

Remember our goal...

WE MUST MAKE IKE NOT ONLY A BETTER CHARACTER, BUT WE MUST MAKE HIM A RECOGNIZABLE THREAT TO THE SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL COMMUNITY.

P.S.: Remember to try and post any new tactics, techniques, etc. It is the duty of every "FAITHFUL" Ike mainer on the Ike Boards!

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Sure, I want to make Ike a recognized character and am contributing to the Ike boards. But hey, no need for such gigantic letters and red font, you may scare people. Like I am.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Meh, I'd use him in a tourney I'm confident I'd win without snake. He's good and all, but play 2 win involves me using my BEST character too. Ike doesn't rank up there.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Well, I play to win with Ike. And don't give a **** about winning without using my main. I'll sure have to work harder for winning over Snakes and Metaknights (and diddys, and Pikachus) but that's the path I choose. Good luck for us all and may the best win.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
true. Thats true. To be honest, Ill say this. I play Ike and I main him, but he's not my best character. I am aiming to make him my best character, but my main characters are .................brace yourself............Diddy, Falco and Ike. Yup. But im not a hypocrite or anything like that. I play Ike cause I think more with him and I actually have a "personality" with him. Also, he is a character that people sleep on, which is why I love him so much. When I use Diddy and Snake, its more the the prototypical great player. But i have been told that my Ike is like no other and thats what makes me the player I am. I choose to demolish people with the underdog rather than demolish them with the prototypical good character. To be clear with this, I actually fall short in this aspect when it comes to Playing to Win. I choose the underdog purposely to prove a point, when in actuality, I dont have to. Plus, Ike just has a more in-depth gameplay than almost any other player (when it comes to metagame). Because everything looks the same with Ike, people expect to see the same thing over and over when it comes to his mindgaming. But because of this, any variation in attack sequence for Ike automatically becomes a problem for the opposer. This is why I play Ike. Because he may not be the best character, but he is amongst the greatest characters in Super Smash Brothers history to me.

I hope this does not hurt my image. Like i said, Ike is still my main. Do get it twisted.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Why does it seem like you're posting so many topics?

Anyway I play Ike to win and the only way to make him a threat to others is to just practice.

Tenki

Smash Hero
The question now is:

Are you really playing to win, or are you just playing for your image?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
What was the point of putting "Playing for Fun" in the topic title? What are you trying to imply? I don't think anyone would play competitively if they did not have some enjoyment (fun).

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
*facepalm

Mikeb, shut.the hell.up.

Jesus Christ, no one has any real respect for you, you're getting ****ing annoying, and I personally want to break your jaw.

Dude, have you ever been to a tourney? You act as if all of Ike's rep is built off of ignorance and fail.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Yes I have. Locally before I left to my internship. I didnt do so well. I finished 5th place outta 25 people. The person I was having trouble with was Marth and Snake. I just feel that I need to improve and the only way to improve is through the help of the community (understanding the Good Ike's metagame, advanced techniques and/or tactics, playing other good people, etc.). I aint tryna be a savior of the Ike boards or saying that there's not too many good or even great Ike players out there. I just want the Ike boards to be recognized as something that contributes to SSBB and develops better competition. Thats all. My bad if anybody is offended by my frequent posts. Just tryna become a better Smash player and get great at using Ike and in the process, help other Ike mainers to do the same.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
What was the point of putting "Playing for Fun" in the topic title? What are you trying to imply? I don't think anyone would play competitively if they did not have some enjoyment (fun).
I was referring to some of the excuses that people give when they feel they have been cheated or they loss to another person.

You never beat the crap outta someone in a video game and they said "I don't care. I play this game for fun anyway. I don't take this game seriously" ?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yes I have. Locally before I left to my internship. I didnt do so well. I finished 5th place outta 25 people. The person I was having trouble with was Marth and Snake. I just feel that I need to improve and the only way to improve is through the help of the community (understanding the Good Ike's metagame, advanced techniques and/or tactics, playing other good people, etc.). I aint tryna be a savior of the Ike boards or saying that there's not too many good or even great Ike players out there. I just want the Ike boards to be recognized as something that contributes to SSBB and develops better competition. Thats all. My bad if anybody is offended by my frequent posts. Just tryna become a better Smash player and get great at using Ike and in the process, help other Ike mainers to do the same.
The problem is you're annoying are flooding this with things we generally already know.

Ike is not that good either.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Man, it starts to feel like the old Roy boards, elitists complaining and mainers trying to defend him.
To all whiners I say this: Just go away, nothing good whatsoever will EVER come from whining. If you don't like it, ignore it.

Top Bottom