• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Players Bowl 2010 results

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Being a top player DOES suck. Mad people riding your sack.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Yet again I never asked Jason and with me saying I don`t want to play PS just means he is a treat. that was Jason's fault not mine, go rage more. I WOULD have played PS regardless. :laugh:. And Jason's opinion is Jason's opinion, I would have either wrecked PS, went close, or lost. That's like saying yawn NL would have beaten M2K sicne he was playing so well vs me. Just go rage more like I said. ;D

And the MU is even. Olimar can **** Snake with grabs and side b, but Snake ***** if he gets into Olimar's wall of slaves.

1 more edit: your post clearly indicates that I had no clue why Jason was sandbagging because I was kinda upset he was. Jason never said 'lol okay' and didn't try, he said I DONT FEEL LIKE playing. I also called you an idiot when you said something about PS, not sure but it was probably you saying how I dodged PS thanks to M2K's sandbagging. ****ing idiot LOL.
Lol I said you were afraid of playing him cause ur a pu55y. but doesn't matter now whats done is done. and i'll mm you ally next time we see each other it doesn't matter to me.. $10.

But I would like to see the money match between you and P~S if you guys don't meet in bracket.. XD

Aposl

Smash Ace
deez... ugh. I hate seeing my buddy do this to himself. If anyone is to be called out its m2k NOT Ally. That being said, M2K is so good he has the RIGHT to give a win and take a win from whom ever he **** well feels like. We need players to step it up and take away his reign, if they dont like what he does with his skills, if possible...

I, however, find nothing wrong with what he did. I called it before the set even happened though XD. And yes, this did happen whether or not Ally was in on it, confirmed from M2K's mouth, by GIMR, as well as deez.

Also good stuff PS, i think you have the potential to beat him at some point.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Ok this is to the RS who said i lose to link players... Want to money match? and Aposl Ive already talked to Ally and M2k were good now.. But I do agree with what P~S said.. at if M2k saw him as a threat then this never would of happened.. So I'm just gonna leave it at that.

M@v

Subarashii!
haters gonna hate.....

seriously, does this all really matter?

I don't see to many people caring...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yeah, everyone needs to step it up lol. M2K said he was just randomly throwing out attacks against Ally and P~S. He's learning to mix it up like SF.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Ok this is to the RS who said i lose to link players... Want to money match? and Aposl Ive already talked to Ally and M2k were good now.. But I do agree with what P~S said.. at if M2k saw him as a threat then this never would of happened.. So I'm just gonna leave it at that.
yeah man, but youll have to give me a few matches to get used to link, ive only used him a couple times

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Ok thats fine use who ever you want... tryna be funny like Link is my CP. lmao pleaseee go to a tournament im going to.
careful there buddy. he might not kno how to play link but he might kno how to play Ganondorf. lol:laugh:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
yea what mav said this is stupid.......just get ready for mlg and stop crying it already happened
Ok thats fine use who ever you want... tryna be funny like Link is my CP. lmao pleaseee go to a tournament im going to.
careful there buddy. he might not kno how to play link but he might kno how to play Ganondorf. lol:laugh:

Monkeys everywhere.
yeah man, but youll have to give me a few matches to get used to link, ive only used him a couple times
He good for it.^^

LOL.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Man this tourney was the first time I actually stressed over this game over a tourney...
First of all wanna get this out the way, gg's Chibo you did really good..

What pissed me off about our set was not that you ledge grabbed 70 times or beat me..
What really pissed me off was the fact I lost the set because I did not know the rules to winning..:(
Since I played brawl, to my knowledge I thought the person automatically wins once the person goes over the ledge grab limit.
I never new that the person had to timeout the other person in order for that rule to take effect.
That is the main reason I played aggressive the whole game 3 and let you hit me with that b-air to end the game because I was confident that I won the set.
Nothing against you Chibo you def improved but I get very pissed when I lose to any game when I don't know the rules..

Even though it was a very, very, very sad weekend for me. I will def take this as a stepping stone forward & make sure incidents like this never happen to me in tourney. Next time we play I'm def going to be very hungry Chibo...:lick:

gg's to everybody I played...

Ohh yea I shouldn't have mm you smurf I was so pissed after I lost to Chibo that I did not want to be near brawl.. You made me broke losing $5 :( LMAO

I'll do shout outs later

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Even though it was a very, very, very sad weekend for me. I will def take this as a stepping stone forward & make sure incidents like this never happen to me in tourney. Next time we play I'm def going to be very hungry Chibo...:lick:
Sounds more like you want an eating contest than a rematch lol

il take either :)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
takeover - going over a ledge grab limit is a stupid way to lose normally, but going to time is the only way it makes sense if you think about it. The only purpose for ledge camping is to stall (well for Rob, you can also shoot lasers and gyros) and try to win by time

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea I literally had to stay on the ledge most of my last stock and use projectiles to get damage since I was at kill percent, and one mess up on my end would have results in getting utilted
wasnt using it to stall, using it to be in a safe position and use projectiles as m2k said

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
takeover - going over a ledge grab limit is a stupid way to lose normally, but going to time is the only way it makes sense if you think about it. The only purpose for ledge camping is to stall (well for Rob, you can also shoot lasers and gyros) and try to win by time
Yea I know what you are saying but once I saw that he was over the ledge grab limit about mid-match I would have camped really hard and force him to approach me. But game 3, I approached him even when he was camping and got punished half the time for being aggressive near the ledge which led to alot of damage taken.
So with him being force to approach while me camping him, I would've had the advantage because rob+aggro= not so good.

@ Chibo you were on the ledge most of the game because most of the time you came on stage, I punished you. Since you did not want to take damage or get killed, you planked the ledge which was a good strat. But when you went over the limit I did not camp you because I thought it was an auto win

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yea I literally had to stay on the ledge most of my last stock and use projectiles to get damage since I was at kill percent, and one mess up on my end would have results in getting utilted
wasnt using it to stall, using it to be in a safe position and use projectiles as m2k said
That sounds like complete bull**** rules. Mk can safely grab the edge 70 times in a match and win not due to time. If allowed, I'd just plank all match with Lasers.

I can't believe this **** was allowed.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The extent of you approaching second half of the game was mainly just dropping nades near me. You backed up some times which was still fine by me since lasers and gyros go across the whole stage so the ledge is good for me regardless, but not unbeatable. Once tiny mistake from me and I can get utilted easily at the ledge since the hitbox is ridiculous and beats any of my ledge jump attacks.

Kind of shows the fallacy of the ledge grab rule really. I didn't use the ledge to stall at all, I used it to be in a better position. Why should I be forced to play on the stage when at kill percent which greatly increases the likliness of me being hit with a kill move? Also if the game had ended at time, I would have lost because of the LGL, but if there was no LGL, I would have won since by the end of the match I got Takeover to a higher percent than I was at.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
are you stupid?

how is MK gonna win by planking?

by RUNNING THE TIMER!!!

he's not going to hit you while planking unless you get really close to him

the only purpose is to stall time

if MK planks you and then beats you not by timer then he just FLAT OUT BEAT YOU

this is not hard to understand guys

chibo without a LGR you could stay on the edges all day if you wanted to, and you know as well as me that that's pretty unfair

on that note, timer should be increased at least by a minute

since as everyone says, "it rarely goes to time anyway", it might extend tourneys like what, 2 minutes at most? However it would make many more matches end properly

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I know what you are saying chibo, Im just saying once you went over the limit I would've have played way more defensive instead of offensive..
I was not only pulling nades but doing risky nairs that you punished me for & costly mistakes off stage..

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ROB is incredibly overrated on the ledge. UpB is fuel based which only recovers when standing so I need to get up sometimes. The moment I have to get back on the stage I'm screwed because ROB's off the ledge options are really slow and obvious. I have to attack the opponent from the ledge and hit them far enough away for me to get up safely. And if I mis space a ledge jump atk by slightest bit I get smacked by Snake's utilt... it happened vs Candy a lot.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Yea if I played defensive I would've force you to approach which I'm more comfortable dealing with rob then off the ledge where snakes sucks off stage... But alot of the percent you dealt where off the stage tactics and punishing the moves that I tried to hit you with while you were on the ledge. I'm just saying after you break the ledge grab instead of me being aggro, I would've went on the other side of the stage & forced you to come.

Just wondering before MLG rule's, was it ever that if somebody broke the 50 ledge grab rule that the person automatically wins?
Or did you still have to time the person out?
I remembered the rules as being the person won nomatter what.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
are you stupid?

how is MK gonna win by planking?

by RUNNING THE TIMER!!!

he's not going to hit you while planking unless you get really close to him

the only purpose is to stall time

if MK planks you and then beats you not by timer then he just FLAT OUT BEAT YOU

this is not hard to understand guys

chibo without a LGR you could stay on the edges all day if you wanted to, and you know as well as me that that's pretty unfair

on that note, timer should be increased at least by a minute

since as everyone says, "it rarely goes to time anyway", it might extend tourneys like what, 2 minutes at most? However it would make many more matches end properly
Bull**** M2k.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Takeover the rule has always been only if it goes to time.

The ledge grab rule is fine where it's at (35) even though i lost on it (36), it prevents intentional stalling and abusing invincibility frames

By saying that Chibo you're pretty much admitting that rob sucks and that Snake ***** him brutally and your only option is to stay on the ledge.

Edit: I definitely agree on increasing the timer another minute

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Takeover the rule has always been only if it goes to time.

The ledge grab rule is fine where it's at (35) even though i lost on it (36), it prevents intentional stalling and abusing invincibility frames

By saying that Chibo you're pretty much admitting that rob sucks and that Snake ***** him brutally and your only option is to stay on the ledge.

Edit: I definitely agree on increasing the timer another minute
Well I never got put in that situation going over the ledge grab limit or somebody else going over the limit so I had no prior knowledge

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ROB does suck and being on the ledge severely decreases my chances of gettin hit by a kill move but getting off the ledge to play proactively when needed sucks when your ROB. It's also stage dependant. This was Halberd. I die earlier and the ledge is better than normal since I can pass upthrough the stage and atk with uair.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
yea you punished me with that too sometime.. lol
Im not taking anything from you, you played very smart.
I'm just taking everything upon myself that i did not play how I should've

Top Bottom