• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLAY ONLINE NOW AND ALL DAY

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Good games sijon sijon , once again those were really fun. The connection was definitely better than last time.

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
Good games, the connection was definitely better this time. Lol for some reason all the top tier characters I play are really bad. I guess I am too used playing lower tier characters, that I don't play top tiers how they should be played...

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Good games, the connection was definitely better this time. Lol for some reason all the top tier characters I play are really bad. I guess I am too used playing lower tier characters, that I don't play top tiers how they should be played...
I know how you feel man, my Meta-Knight is pretty terrible. lol

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Alright finally finished; I never see them as High Tiers. For some reason, I don't even know if I use High Tier characters.

Who are High Tier characters anyway?

Edit: Someone willing to brawl? sijon sijon If you would like to brawl now from my return ; or if you can brawl to be exact.

Omar_25 Omar_25

Same man if you would or could brawl.

Edit: Never-mind.

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
Alright finally finished; I never see them as High Tiers. For some reason, I don't even know if I use High Tier characters.

Edit: Someone willing to brawl? sijon sijon If you would like to brawl now from my return ; or if you can brawl to be exact.

Omar_25 Omar_25

I can brawl now if your'e still there and interested. As for the "High Tier" matches, I was using my Metaknight, that completely sucks. I am so used to playing characters like Link, where I can't just spam b-moves and d-smash, almost never getting punished.

I guess my defensive playstyle does not work well for Metaknight, but then again I don't main Metaknight and I don't plan on either, as I never really was a big fan of playing him. Although, watching players like Anti make me think differently about that.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar

Omar_25 Omar_25

Just quoting this to say that editing a tag into your post won't give the person a notification. It has to be in the original post.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Anyone interested in playing a few matches right now?

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
I left to log in on SB to message you lol( I also got disconnected from the network). Good games I guess...? If you still want to brawl later, let me know

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I left to log in on SB to message you lol( I also got disconnected from the network). Good games I guess...? If you still want to brawl later, let me know
Well I can Brawl for like 30 minutes right now.

I had to go do a few things, that's why I had to get off earlier.

sijon

Smash Ace
Well I will be online, so if you want to join you can but it's up to you.

sijon

Smash Ace
Gg's man! You have a nice Link. We should Link ditto sometime. Your Link reminds of Scizor's link (I think he is the best Link in South California). Meanwhile, I shall try to learn how to play Samus, as she was always a character I wanted to play but never understood how to use.

Also, Holy crap my Marth is bad when there is input lag. The only ok Marth gameplay was with your Jigglypuff where I stilled failed. At least I looked cool doing it though :)

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I can brawl now if your'e still there and interested. As for the "High Tier" matches, I was using my Metaknight, that completely sucks. I am so used to playing characters like Link, where I can't just spam b-moves and d-smash, almost never getting punished.

I guess my defensive playstyle does not work well for Metaknight, but then again I don't main Metaknight and I don't plan on either, as I never really was a big fan of playing him. Although, watching players like Anti make me think differently about that.
My apologizes Sijon, I cannot brawl at the moment man. Metaknight huh? He's just random in all honesty like literally the only way MK can do anything is through Nado (punish it with Fsmash), Dash attack (Step dodge and create space) and finally Down tilts (just let Metaknight come to you as "scary" as that seems). I use to use him back in 2013 and everyone I brawled mentioned I play exactly like Nario only really flashy (Platform cancels, Shield dropping, unique Tilt locks, and of course unnecessary Up tilt air stuff and Side B cancels) but the irony of all of this was they would never try to "think outside the box" like punishing Nado, Shuttle Loops, and Nairs. Really it's true, I always saved the matches and calculated how many times they could of punished that "OP" attacks.

Anti huh? I know I brawled people like Trondo? Joe in the past and never had problems and still don't. If the Meta-knight wins it's barely a one stock difference or I lose my second jump or can't jump every-time I want to due to Wi-Fi.

I punish Nado a lot, and you would be surprised how mindless and lost the MK players are when I react to everything including Nado, Shuttle Loops and so forth.

What I see is this "big bad MK" "can do whatsoever he wants and no one can dare deny this".

No he has his flaws, he's light, his attacks are low on damage and he can't trade much; so as long as you just spoke around MK and then find a way to get in (always a way) then you have nothing to worry about. Always stay as close to the middle and far away from him if you can or as much as you can.

I guess maybe to show you that MK isn't a big deal; however, he is a threat but can be dealt with like everyone else. Idk why I wrote this but meh just to show and explain that he isn't some miracle worker once you pick him up there is actually work to focus on.

If any MK just goes nuts against a player that understands him very well then he will lose no doubt. No, defense is no doubt an essential element towards MK winning. I feel if MKs take their time with smart aggression and keep their composure to not go nuts then and only then MK will be a real threat and nearly unbeatable.

But MKs these days are nuts so it's actually easy to win and focus since every second is an attack (power shield Down-smash, Up B, Jab, retreat and so forth).

I'm not being "arrogant" or "full of myself" I'm just stating what will actually work of course I don't know anything since my Link and knowledge is certainly terrible, huh?

I can play tonight man like in an hour and a half, is that okay or can you even brawl now? Thanks Sijon.

Omar_25 Omar_25

Seems I motivated you to use Link, now? Btw, do you mind if I upload our matches sometime man?

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
My apologizes Sijon, I cannot brawl at the moment man. Metaknight huh? He's just random in all honesty like literally the only way MK can do anything is through Nado (punish it with Fsmash), Dash attack (Step dodge and create space) and finally Down tilts (just let Metaknight come to you as "scary" as that seems). I use to use him back in 2013 and everyone I brawled mentioned I play exactly like Nario only really flashy (Platform cancels, Shield dropping, unique Tilt locks, and of course unnecessary Up tilt air stuff and Side B cancels) but the irony of all of this was they would never try to "think outside the box" like punishing Nado, Shuttle Loops, and Nairs. Really it's true, I always saved the matches and calculated how many times they could of punished that "OP" attacks.

Anti huh? I know I brawled people like Trondo? Joe in the past and never had problems and still don't. If the Meta-knight wins it's barely a one stock difference or I lose my second jump or can't jump every-time I want to due to Wi-Fi.

I punish Nado a lot, and you would be surprised how mindless and lost the MK players are when I react to everything including Nado, Shuttle Loops and so forth.

What I see is this "big bad MK" "can do whatsoever he wants and no one can dare deny this".

No he has his flaws, he's light, his attacks are low on damage and he can't trade much; so as long as you just spoke around MK and then find a way to get in (always a way) then you have nothing to worry about. Always stay as close to the middle and far away from him if you can or as much as you can.

I guess maybe to show you that MK isn't a big deal; however, he is a threat but can be dealt with like everyone else. Idk why I wrote this but meh just to show and explain that he isn't some miracle worker once you pick him up there is actually work to focus on.

If any MK just goes nuts against a player that understands him very well then he will lose no doubt. No, defense is no doubt an essential element towards MK winning. I feel if MKs take their time with smart aggression and keep their composure to not go nuts then and only then MK will be a real threat and nearly unbeatable.

But MKs these days are nuts so it's actually easy to win and focus since every second is an attack (power shield Down-smash, Up B, Jab, retreat and so forth).

I'm not being "arrogant" or "full of myself" I'm just stating what will actually work of course I don't know anything since my Link and knowledge is certainly terrible, huh?

I can play tonight man like in an hour and a half, is that okay or can you even brawl now? Thanks Sijon.

Omar_25 Omar_25

Seems I motivated you to use Link, now? Btw, do you mind if I upload our matches sometime man?
Well I think I might try to learn how Metaknight works, just in case I come across a good Metaknight in the futureso I have at least a bit of matchup knowledge. I can brawl for a bit but probably not long though. I will be able to brawl pretty much all day tommorow, so If nothing happens now we can then. I will be online now if your'e still interested.

EDIT: Never mind, I have to go.

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Gg's man! You have a nice Link. We should Link ditto sometime. Your Link reminds of Scizor's link (I think he is the best Link in South California). Meanwhile, I shall try to learn how to play Samus, as she was always a character I wanted to play but never understood how to use.

Also, Holy crap my Marth is bad when there is input lag. The only ok Marth gameplay was with your Jigglypuff where I stilled failed. At least I looked cool doing it though :)
GGs man, as always it was really fun. I even found out some new stuff with Samus during those matches (which is definitely a highlight for me).

I'd be down for a link ditto sometime.

Samus is definitely pretty fun to play (annoying to fight though, lol).

Omar_25 Omar_25

Yep, that and the fact that I've been using link in a lot of the other SSB games (melee, PM, 64).

Go for it man. I'm completely fine with you uploading our matches.

sijon

Smash Ace
GGs man, as always it was really fun. I even found out some new stuff with Samus during those matches (which is definitely a highlight for me).

I'd be down for a link ditto sometime.

Samus is definitely pretty fun to play (annoying to fight though, lol).

Yep, that and the fact that I've been using link in a lot of the other SSB games (melee, PM, 64).

Go for it man. I'm completely fine with you uploading our matches.
Haha! Yes, the fact im playing a good Samus, on WiFi, with input lag, and the inability to power-shield anything doesn't help!

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Well I think I might try to learn how Metaknight works, just in case I come across a good Metaknight in the futureso I have at least a bit of matchup knowledge. I can brawl for a bit but probably not long though. I will be able to brawl pretty much all day tommorow, so If nothing happens now we can then. I will be online now if your'e still interested.

EDIT: Never mind, I have to go.
Yes, perhaps tomorrow maybe; alright good luck with your Meta-knight practice (what a weird thought to believe).

Omar_25 Omar_25

Well, at least you wont think Link is slow, worthless in Brawl at least. Alright man, actually, I'm not sure to upload a match then recycle the clip moment in a combo video and such. Well at least you're okay with it I have big plans just need time.

sijon

Smash Ace
Yes, perhaps tomorrow maybe; alright good luck with your Meta-knight practice (what a weird thought to believe).

Omar_25 Omar_25

Well, at least you wont think Link is slow, worthless in Brawl at least. Alright man, actually, I'm not sure to upload a match then recycle the clip moment in a combo video and such. Well at least you're okay with it I have big plans just need time.
Woah, your gonna upload matches! Will they be on Youtube or will you make them private. I would really like to watch them.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Woah, your gonna upload matches! Will they be on Youtube or will you make them private. I would really like to watch them.
No, I will make them public of course don't be surprised with "dislikes" like it will "hurt my feelings". All I care about is views and only views. Might as well disable the Like or dislike, I guess? Though I'm still hesitant towards showing the matches then using the moments of some clips for my combo video (yes still planning all this mayhem).

I'm not doing this for attention, fame (ever) or even to "show off" I'm only doing this to continue to put some effort into keeping Brawl's masterpiece game-play well and alive towards viewer content.

And I can brawl now man or Omar_25 Omar_25 or anybody else.

Are you interested?

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
No, I will make them public of course don't be surprised with "dislikes" like it will "hurt my feelings". All I care about is views and only views. Might as well disable the Like or dislike, I guess? Though I'm still hesitant towards showing the matches then using the moments of some clips for my combo video (yes still planning all this mayhem).

I'm not doing this for attention, fame (ever) or even to "show off" I'm only doing this to continue to put some effort into keeping Brawl's masterpiece game-play well and alive towards viewer content.

And I can brawl now man or Omar_25 Omar_25 or anybody else.

Are you interested?
I can Brawl right now if you're still there. Hopefully the connection isn't too bad.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You host.

Well the fact that both of my brothers are playing online games at the same time might change something. I'm not entirely sure though.
Good games like always Omar, yes, you were correct but the connection was still more than playable just random slow frames like twice and then it's gone, when you brawled Sijon, did your brother play online like our matches were? Your Samus is becoming more and more mobile but always remember to maximize everything with your character. Like? Jab -> short hop air dodge Zair to buffered reverse Up Air. Or Jab to jab cancel to step dodge (watch for a reaction) to UP B or whatsoever your mind desires.

You notice how I do all this fancy stuff with Link, well? Mimic the same concept with your Samus, I remember I used Samus quite a lot in 2013 and I can type to you and there is a lot of set ups, unique frame traps and very high damaging string set ups/ projectile game-play. Good Link as well but I'm just too well versed in that match-up that I know exactly what to do each and every-time my advice if you're serious to make Link a sub main or whatever is to maximize his Bomb Slides and always try to read my jumps/reaction/and punish accordingly. Also I also do fancy stuff on anyone it's not a "bully" type of thing; I just enjoy doing fancy stuff on anyone at anytime (shows evidence that Brawl is such a Masterpiece). Thank you for the game like always man and hopefully you continue to experiment; as well if you need some sort of assistance with Samus then you know where to find me. I also have some nice clips I'll send to you through Mediafire or Dropbox (whatsoever preference you choose) to see how I use her offline and how when not messed up what type of creative setups I input it's all up to you however.

Anyone else looking to brawl?

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Good games like always Omar, yes, you were correct but the connection was still more than playable just random slow frames like twice and then it's gone, when you brawled Sijon, did your brother play online like our matches were? Your Samus is becoming more and more mobile but always remember to maximize everything with your character. Like? Jab -> short hop air dodge Zair to buffered reverse Up Air. Or Jab to jab cancel to step dodge (watch for a reaction) to UP B or whatsoever your mind desires.

You notice how I do all this fancy stuff with Link, well? Mimic the same concept with your Samus, I remember I used Samus quite a lot in 2013 and I can type to you and there is a lot of set ups, unique frame traps and very high damaging string set ups/ projectile game-play. Good Link as well but I'm just too well versed in that match-up that I know exactly what to do each and every-time my advice if you're serious to make Link a sub main or whatever is to maximize his Bomb Slides and always try to read my jumps/reaction/and punish accordingly. Also I also do fancy stuff on anyone it's not a "bully" type of thing; I just enjoy doing fancy stuff on anyone at anytime (shows evidence that Brawl is such a Masterpiece). Thank you for the game like always man and hopefully you continue to experiment; as well if you need some sort of assistance with Samus then you know where to find me. I also have some nice clips I'll send to you through Mediafire or Dropbox (whatsoever preference you choose) to see how I use her offline and how when not messed up what type of creative setups I input it's all up to you however.

Anyone else looking to brawl?
Good games. Yeah, my brother was on during a portion of my matches with sijon, but he eventually got off.

Thanks for the advice! I don't really know if I'll be sub-maining link, I just thought it would be fun to play as him a few times.

I don't really need you to send me videos, thanks for the offer though.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games. Yeah, my brother was on during a portion of my matches with sijon, but he eventually got off.

Thanks for the advice! I don't really know if I'll be sub-maining link, I just thought it would be fun to play as him a few times.

I don't really need you to send me videos, thanks for the offer though.
I see, well I tested my ping and MPH four times now. My MPH is 30.62 (which is above average) but here's the kicker, there was a storm that knocked the cable cords towards Bright-house Networks. Above that knock (I pay for 50 MPH) I still have internet and still above average. I'll call my service provider again to let them know online gaming is still slow on my end and fix the poles. You're welcome, well, I know you're no doubt wanting to due to myself included. I can teach you everything I do with him but that's up to you of course.

Indeed, Link is very entertaining to use and watch plus he's a heavy higher, a powerhouse, and very fast and flashy in my opinion. Alright Omar, good luck man and I'll continue to see what other changes I can make for my internet. I always thought if one person had a really good connection then the good connection can make up for the other side of the connection (distance to be exact). And if you're interested, I'm craving a Team Battle very badly. You and Sijon should team up versus me and a partner whoever it may be or a CP I don't care as long as I can Team Battle against humans.

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I see, well I tested my ping and MPH four times now. My MPH is 30.62 (which is above average) but here's the kicker, there was a storm that knocked the cable cords towards Bright-house Networks. Above that knock (I pay for 50 MPH) I still have internet and still above average. I'll call my service provider again to let them know online gaming is still slow on my end and fix the poles. You're welcome, well, I know you're no doubt wanting to due to myself included. I can teach you everything I do with him but that's up to you of course.

Indeed, Link is very entertaining to use and watch plus he's a heavy higher, a powerhouse, and very fast and flashy in my opinion. Alright Omar, good luck man and I'll continue to see what other changes I can make for my internet. I always thought if one person had a really good connection then the good connection can make up for the other side of the connection (distance to be exact). And if you're interested, I'm craving a Team Battle very badly. You and Sijon should team up versus me and a partner whoever it may be or a CP I don't care as long as I can Team Battle against humans.
I'm pretty sure that even if just one person has bad enough internet that it will affect the connection. I may be wrong though.

I'd be up for a doubles match sometime.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar

EDIT: Eh, nevermind.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

EDIT: Eh, nevermind.
Hey man, still can't brawl? This place has become such a pitiful wasteland all because of a terrible game known as Smash-4. There is only three people that ask for matches: you, me, and Sijon. Sad Brawl needs more recognition, but at least three people still enjoy the game.

So, you can Team Battle if we have enough players, excellent! Well, if you'd like to Brawl or if you can then I can like always Omar.

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Hey man, still can't brawl? This place has become such a pitiful wasteland all because of a terrible game known as Smash-4. There is only three people that ask for matches: you, me, and Sijon. Sad Brawl needs more recognition, but at least three people still enjoy the game.

So, you can Team Battle if we have enough players, excellent! Well, if you'd like to Brawl or if you can then I can like always Omar.
Well I can't right now, and won't be able to for the rest of the day since I'm leaving in a couple hours. Maybe tomorrow?

Yeah, the release of smash 4 definitely had a huge impact on Brawl. It's so sad that everyone just abandoned Brawl just like that. Maybe once the smash 4 hype dies down a bit people will gain interest in Brawl once more.

Eh, there's been more people than just you, me, and sijon. Within the last few pages there's been around 6 or 7. Now they might not be as active as us three, but at least they still have interest in Brawl. I think what we need to do is reach out to the people that still play Brawl through Wiimmfi and introduce them to this thread. I'm sure there's more people out there.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Well I can't right now, and won't be able to for the rest of the day since I'm leaving in a couple hours. Maybe tomorrow?

Yeah, the release of smash 4 definitely had a huge impact on Brawl. It's so sad that everyone just abandoned Brawl just like that. Maybe once the smash 4 hype dies down a bit people will gain interest in Brawl once more.

Eh, there's been more people than just you, me, and sijon. Within the last few pages there's been around 6 or 7. Now they might not be as active as us three, but at least they still have interest in Brawl. I think what we need to do is reach out to the people that still play Brawl through Wiimmfi and introduce them to this thread. I'm sure there's more people out there.
I see, alright well whenever you can (might work today IDK depends on circumstances) yes that's true not as active indeed. Smash-4, man seriously I don't understand this "hype," I played the game the first week (when some techniques were available) discovered a lot of stuff, and thought I could get use to this, but after a few days I changed my mind immediately and after these "patches" no just never.

If someone were to give me a million dollars just to play the game, I'd burn the money and the game at the same time. Games just aren't the same anymore even SF5 will be better than Smash-4 but man will the complexities become decreased indefinitely.

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
I see, alright well whenever you can (might work today IDK depends on circumstances) yes that's true not as active indeed. Smash-4, man seriously I don't understand this "hype," I played the game the first week (when some techniques were available) discovered a lot of stuff, and thought I could get use to this, but after a few days I changed my mind immediately and after these "patches" no just never.

If someone were to give me a million dollars just to play the game, I'd burn the money and the game at the same time. Games just aren't the same anymore even SF5 will be better than Smash-4 but man will the complexities become decreased indefinitely.
Anyone want to brawl? Also N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 I would like to Brawl your CPU some time, if that's possible.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Anyone want to brawl? Also N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 I would like to Brawl your CPU some time, if that's possible.
My apologizes Sijon but I wont be able to brawl until night time (just browsing sites basically). Interesting you mentioned my CP; I was Teaming up with my CP Luigi and me Link versus two Meta-knights in a three stock eight minutes rule. Was slaughter only lost one stock and that was from me (CPs hate humans they always attack them first for some reason and yes Team Attack was on).

Also Human Luigis just can't do that a CP Luigi does... Power Shield everything then Super Punch... I also hope we can Team Battle sometime (you and Omar) versus me and a partner or CP.

sijon

Smash Ace
My apologizes Sijon but I wont be able to brawl until night time (just browsing sites basically). Interesting you mentioned my CP; I was Teaming up with my CP Luigi and me Link versus two Meta-knights in a three stock eight minutes rule. Was slaughter only lost one stock and that was from me (CPs hate humans they always attack them first for some reason and yes Team Attack was on).

Also Human Luigis just can't do that a CP Luigi does... Power Shield everything then Super Punch... I also hope we can Team Battle sometime (you and Omar) versus me and a partner or CP.
Alright that's fine. Also Team Battle sounds fun. Hopefully we can all brawl at the same time.

Top Bottom