• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N' Trade Alpharetta April 14th*********

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
13083 Highway 9 North # 370
Alpharetta, GA 30004

The date has been moved to sunday the 14th, as not to interfere with Waba's.

**Play N' Trade Will Now Have Monthlies 2 Weeks after Waba's**

Doubles will be at 4:30, and Singles at 5:30
Date: Saturday, April 4th, 2009.
Time: Please show up early to register.
Door Fee: $5
Singles Entry: $10
Doubles Entry: $20 per team.
Pot Split: 60/30/10

General rules
Bring your own controller.
Double elimination bracket.
3 Stocks.
8 minute timer.
Items are set to "off" and "none".
Set team attack to ON. (Doubles)
Life Stealing is allowed. (Doubles)
All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Sets are best of 5 for all "finals" matches.
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors, or by a coin flip.
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS or coin flip will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS/coinflip winner will get the last port.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Falco's laser lock is banned.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with a suicide kill with each player having 1 stock left, whoever initiated the kill will win, regardless of sudden death or not. This rule also applies to, but is not limited to: Swallocides and cargocides.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Excessive stalling is banned.
Dedede's Standing chain grab infinite is banned. Wall infinites are still legal.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Projectile camping is not considered stalling. Ledge camping is not considered stalling if the opponent is within range of punishing a return to the stage.
Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overtime. Bowser's Klawcide, Swallocides, Cargocides, etc are exempt from this rule.
Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

Set format (In Order of Procedure)
Opponents choose their characters for the first match.
Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set.
The first stage will be randomly selected from the starter list. Players may also agree to start on one of the starter list stages.
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches.

Starter stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter pick stages
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Banned stages
(All custom stages)
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
I used Waba's rules because that's what Im used to, and Waba is where most people in my general area go to for tourneys anyway.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Alpharetta? I think I'd be down for that! Count me in, and most likely add at least two people to my registration

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Maybe coming....not sure I could maybe get some friends to come too. It's a weekend most likely I'll be going. This will be my 2nd tourney I go to if I can go to this and Waba's Monthly on Feb.21st

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'll try and get there. I don't drive, so Alpharhetta might be a bit of a stretch.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
-snip-
This probably won't be a really big tournament, so although you are welcome to come, we don't expect or recommend people like Reflex driving hours to get there.
-snip-
I C WUT U D1D THAR
I'll probably go to this, seeing as I live closer to Alpharetta than I do to Waba. >:p

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
I C WUT U D1D THAR
I'll probably go to this, seeing as I live closer to Alpharetta than I do to Waba. >:p
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thats 6, maybe 8ish...

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
Well acutally, Billy and I hosted a dud tourney once and Reflex drove all the way for nothing, so I'm just trying to spare him from that.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
we got at least 10 now, so this will most likely happen. I'll talk to the manager in the next few days.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
wait.
Reflex plays brawl?
jk.

With all those banned stages, how is the game still fun? :(
Meh, I just copied Waba's rules, which most of the people in this area are accustomed to. And pshhhh brawl is always fun. derrrrrr

Laijin

Smash Hero
Meh, I just copied Waba's rules, which most of the people in this area are accustomed to. And pshhhh brawl is always fun. derrrrrr
Really? I have not been to a waba brawl tourney since the very first one. lol.
meeh. I liked Norfair and Pirate Ship. They were(and a few others on that list) legal to all the other brawl tournies i've been to :|
Then again, my opinion does not matter since I'm not coming to this. lolol.
But if someone could tell me whats wrong with those stages, that would be awesome.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
This PnT won't have laggy TVs that further the amazingness of fat penguins and Mr. Utility Belt, right?

Right?!

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
oh whoops, i guess the address was deleted hen i pasted the rules, its there now tho. idk about the tvs ill ask.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
well i have component cables so at least 1 tv wiill be fine, but i still need to talk to the manage

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
Desu, you will have to pay double if you even show up.
idk yet, idk if they have enough wiis or not, I need to ask. they only have hdtvs so hopefully u have component cables.
penguins are dumb.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I have component cables, but they don't work on my hdtv, I still get lag. I'll bring a setup if I have to with a non hdtv and one of my friends may be able to bring another.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
i dont think so umby. its the week after waba. and to player 1, make sure ur hdtv is set to 480p and not just the wii, otherwise it will still have to upscale and cause lag.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Isn't there something else Smash-related on this date? If not, I'll try to come.
brawl tourney in macon.

Go to this instead. It's closer, and that means i'll have more chance to win the tourney in macon without actually playing the ****ing game. XD

__

Aside from that, i dunno.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
uhh press menu? its different for each tv. mine auto detects the input so that doesnt matter for me.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
also make sure that your wii not only has the cables attached, but is set to 480p also in the wii settings.

Player-1

Smash Legend
also make sure that your wii not only has the cables attached, but is set to 480p also in the wii settings.
How I do that?

Edit: btw, my 360 doesn't get lag with it's component cables but my wii does, this has been my setup for a while now.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
When I said setup, I meant a full setup.
Wii/Brawl/Tv/Everything.
I ain't playin' on no laggy-*** TV.
I'll play all my matches on my setup if I have to. :p

Top Bottom