• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platinum End Free-for-All-Mafia GAME OVER: The Big Reveal

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
yo we got day through flavor to be part of the game

neat

well anyway death or no i'm just here to screw around and goof off :V i'm not into seriousness or arguments, just simple fun

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
"It would seem that their judgement will not shift this time."

Nothing more could be said. The candidates had found the weakest link and would not budge, even after the one in question tried to explain themselves and criticized the game being played out.

Soon his own will had accepted the fate that grew increasingly clear.

Sadly, the angel that chose the human drifted close and rested a hand on his shoulder. Each emissary of the celestial realm had hoped that the one they had selected would ascend as god so they may serve as their right hand.

The chosen one spoke softly so only his angel could hear.

"...Will it hurt?"

"No. Your soul will be removed when the rings that contain the blessings are returned. The body will remain untouched."

It was little comfort, but having agreed to the game, there's no way he could get away with running in this enclosed space and have any hope of clinging to life as a human or as a deity. At the very least, the final years of his existence were filled with pleasures and excitement that he had never imagined experiencing before.

It was time to give it all up.

The angel reached out and the rings hovering around the candidate widened and lifted off his body and returned above its head where it originally belonged.

Namely, the rings were the blessings of the Red Arrow and of Angel Wings.

WhiteEaglePL was blessed by a First Rank Angel. He was not possessed by a Red Arrow.

At first there was no reaction from the player known as WhiteEaglePL as he closed his eyes, but soon his body collapsed like a lifeless doll onto the ground with a thud that made some of the humans present flinch despite expecting it.

The angel reached down and touched his still body and like a sheet off of a bed it pulled out an ephereal copy of himself from within.

The soul of WhiteEaglePL.

mukaido vol5 angel.png
Holding him in her arms, she said her goodbyes. "Your time was the shortest, but you did not withhold your tongue even when you had reason to stand idly by. Your bravery shall be remembered."

As she flew off through the underground ceiling, a certain angel had to have the last word: "Reason is one of history's weaker motivations..."

WhiteEaglePL is now dead.

A few awkward moments passed by as everyone stared at the body that looked to be sleeping silently in an uncomfortable position on the floor. They did not know what to do with what was left behind.

"I suppose it won't be against the rules for us to remove the deceased away," an angel volunteered. "The humans should focus on going to their private quarters to reflect on what to do during the next Day and get some much needed rest."

Happy to be excused from the current situation and to get out of the present room, the god candidates dispersed across the halls adorned with many rooms, all with locks and mechanisms to prevent uninvited entry. Their eyes darted from one to another with distrust, but their relief outweighed their suspicion.

It was time for them, in many of their minds, to truly begin the game.

DAY 1 HAS ENDED AND NOW NIGHT 1 BEGINS. THIS POST WILL BE LINKED IN THE OP TIMELINE.
NIGHT 1 WILL END IN 24 HOURS AT NOON CST WEDNESDAY.
Usage of wings and arrows now available in Role PM. Discussion now moved to PMs with players (with host invited).

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
this place gets weird at night .-.

so this is what happens when angels locks up 13 random humans together to live and fight for godhood

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
angel emotion of.jpg

Okay so some people may or may not be entirely sure of what's going on with this game, so allow me to be an interfering host and offer some tips to everyone.

If players try to keep track of who is doing what at Night, then cross referencing that with what is said during the next Day, it will clue people in on what they have done.

If users are struck by red arrows for example, they are going to know, which means someone hit them, and that also means they didn't use wings so they had to have used their arrows.

Players don't want their Red Arrow lovers known, so when questioned about what they did, what will they have to say? They used wings? What if someone targeted them? Or maybe they'll claim that one of the people who said they were struck with a red arrow is theirs even though they never targeted them.

Sometimes two players might have targeted the same candidate with Red, so that player is stuck with Red but none of the players who fired it will know who hit them unless the time they fired and their rank is known.

Since players are themselves, what users do you think would naturally pair up? What users would think the other would be naturally inclined to target them and be a threat? If a particular user is possessed by a Red, who would likely be the one that'd want them under that effect? If someone dies with a White, who would be the user who would have made that particular choice?

If someone uses a White, that means they did not use Red or their Wings. They may be inclined to lie about what they've done to not draw attention to themselves for being special rank.

This game is not perfect and it's all new for everyone, so it's all good, I'd just like to help squeeze any potential for gameplay that I can out of what we've got here.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @ShinyLegendary praline praline redfeatherraven redfeatherraven @Shishœ Opossum Opossum @AlphaSSB @Pokechu @Apollo Justice The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn @Liberation Natz~ Natz~

Out in the open, it was relatively quiet, but as the candidates mingled in smaller groups, their social nature gradually started to slip out. The angels looked on as they saw truces and targets were claimed. All of these pacts and declarations, were all of them true? Doors opened and closed as candidates traded places with one another until eventually fatigue began to set in and the players had to find a place to hide before the next vote was to begin in the morning. Each of them split off from their groups and went out on their own with nothing but their intentions and blessings...

What felt like too soon, the angels served as an alarm, alerting them that the dawn was upon them. It was difficult to keep track of the time in the underground bunker they all crawled into unless someone kept a clock nearby. Technology was kept at a minimum and connection did not reach their depths. Only the angels knew for they could phase through the earth above and look at the sky.

The sun was crawling over the horizon, and soon the candidates crawled out of their rooms.

female angel.png
"One... two... three... All twelve from before are still among us," an angel noted as it surveyed the gathered humans.

angel of games 2.png
"Aw come on... Afraid to take a life?" another whined. "It's too late for that. Poor WhiteEagle, all of you might as well have torn him apart! Ha!"

"It was not murder. They all agreed to the arrangement, including the deceased. Using White Arrows is not a part of this... we are deciding who our next master is, not who to kill."

"Oh please... A god cannot be a coward when it comes a few deaths. Not when they will have the lives of every mortal in their hands."

angel of games 3.png
"Silence. This is not for us to discuss but the candidate we have chosen. We are all mere servants awaiting our role."

Once the angels finally stopped bickering among themselves, the candidates gathered in a similar fashion as to how they were during the first Day. However, perhaps, there might be something different in the eyes and expression of some of those present...

NO ONE DIED.

12 Days of the Competition Remain
12 Candidates
DAY 2 HAS BEGUN. A LINK TO THIS POST WILL BE ADDED ON THE FIRST PAGE.
24 HOURS REMAIN UNTIL THE NEXT PHASE.

PUBLIC THREAD NOW OPEN, PRIVATE PMS FORBIDDEN. TIME TO VOTE.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
For the public record, anyone struck by a Red Arrow receives this message:

Mirai_uses_Red_Arrow_on_his_aunt.png
You've been struck by a Red Arrow!
A love so powerful you've never felt before blossoms in your heart...
Whoever struck you must surely become God!
You vow to never harm this person so long as you live.

D

Deleted member

Hey, whoever hit me: **** you.
I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna get someone else to kill you because I can't do it myself.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think it might be easier to say who DIDN'T get hit with the love bug.

Cause I'm feeling all sorts of fuzzy feelings too.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So if you got nothing it means you didn’t hit your target or someone else got them instead?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So if you got nothing it means you didn’t hit your target or someone else got them instead?
Well I got a PM saying I got the love bug.

So I assume if you didn't get one you either weren't targetted or deflected the shot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I got hit with a red arrow as well.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Not just the players, but also I as the host of the first FFA and learning as I go along, so forgive instances where I change things as we move forward.

For example, I've now decided that it is more appropriate to alert players that they failed their action.

Been going back and forth in my mind on this issue, but a final decision has to be made. My fear has been that the less ambiguity there is, the greater the odds of bandwagons forming. But also not giving info means it is harder to know what's going on, and that really hurts when people are new to this and aren't sure of what to say or do. Which leads to whims/randomness, which is another form of bandwagon which is at best just as bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom