• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platinum End Free-for-All-Mafia GAME OVER: The Big Reveal

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think we should kill Shish.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I bet it was Uni.
nah uni told me to his face he'll be flying

hes got nothing to gain nor lose here by lying to me
plus i honeslty believe his claim to prefer self perservation

and another thing, uni hitting me would be waaaaay to obvious, who ever did it probably wanted me to turn to uni immeditally cause they know of our relationship
easy target and all that

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I know, I was moreso making a joke. I will say though that it wasn’t me either.
Besides, I know Katt well.

If we end up making it to the end, she'd prefer us fighting each other for an epic finale rather than have one be madly in love with the other because they have an arrow up their ass.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Besides, I know Katt well.

If we end up making it to the end, she'd prefer us fighting each other for an epic finale rather than have one be madly in love with the other because they have an arrow up their ***.
well before that gotta find the guy who stuck up an arrow up my ass and send them to hell, then we can plan for epic finale times :p

D

Deleted member

I have arrived in the shoe, and I have no idea who to vote for.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
UPDATE TO RULES:

Grandfather Clause Revoked - The game can suddenly end if a chain of arrows happens because it all goes to one candidate. Therefore, the game will return to its original win condition rules of all lovers only devoted to the ones who struck them, even if said player is in love with another user. Normal Cult rules now apply.

Victory Must be Willing - Those who have a Red Arrow in their heart cannot win the game, for the candidate must be able to truly wish for their own ascension and not another.

Extra/Duplicate Arrows and Priority - Those who have extra Arrows now acquire arrow priority based on the number they have. Reminder, players can bestow their gifts away. Additional reminder, when a player is lynched, it is seen by everyone who their tools go to if they were struck by a Red Arrow.

Loose Arrow Deflection - When two candidates fire arrows at each other in the same phase, originally they would hit each other and be deflected, but now normal priority rules will apply. One will struck the other first causing the other to fail to fire at their loved one. Now, the Deflect action is the only way to block Arrows.

Wing Usage and Duplicate/Extra Pairs - Wings now go on a one Night cooldown after use. However, when a player has multiple pairs of wings, their allowed usage of flights in a row is multiplied by the number of pairs of wings they have. For example, if a player has two sets of wings, they can choose to fly two Nights in a row without penalty.

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven praline praline Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @Opossum Pokechu Pokechu @Shishœ Natz~ Natz~ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn @Liberation @AlphaSSB @ShinyLegendary Jojalole Jojalole

Rules in PMs and OP will be updated when I have time today. Sorry again for the ongoing tweaks to the balance. Trying to improve things for you all and additionally serve as an example for future attempts at FFA games.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Rules in PMs and OP will be updated when I have time today. Sorry again for the ongoing tweaks to the balance. Trying to improve things for you all and additionally serve as an example for future attempts at FFA games.
It's alright.

The mere fact that you take the time to tell us is actually pretty great in and of itself.

You is a good host ^-^

D

Deleted member

Also, I appreciate the thought Swamp but seeing as I already have, what, 4 votes and no one else seems to be voting right now, I guess I'm done for.
Also, hope Uni is ready to get hit by, like, a ****ton of arrows tonight

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Ok

Vote: Uni

Though I see this day phases extremely boring tbh, I see no reason to talk about anything on here... And I don't see how to fix this.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well let's join the bandwagon! Whee!!!

Vote: Stoopid

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
intuitive angel.png

"So concerned with not wanting to lose, no one knows how to win... And yet that is the only path of victory through which the end is not your loss," the currently spectating angel mused. "As our master decayed so too must have humanity's strength..."

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sorry again for the ongoing tweaks to the balance. Trying to improve things for you all and additionally serve as an example for future attempts at FFA games.
I'm working out the maths on one issue I may have noticed.

No need to concern anyone with details (or suggest strategies) if I'm incorrect, but if the numbers prove my theory I'll share my results.

It's alright.

The mere fact that you take the time to tell us is actually pretty great in and of itself.

You is a good host ^-^
I know I give you a world of ****, but agree with this sentiment.

Also I edited. Bad habits. Won't happen again. But for public record it was only to add (and then adjust) my comments from Uni's statement; have not touched my first.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You know, I just realized one thing...

Shiny always bandwagons with the "cool kids" when voting on day phases, right?

Heck, he did it when we all went for Swamp on Day 1.

But on this phase?
Well, people are voting for Shoe, so...

:p
Ehhh.....
I do not know.
He did not.

This leads me to believe that maybe, just maybe, Shiny used a Red Arrow on our buddy Shoe.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, one more thing. I gotta complain about the time priority thing.

It's a good idea in concept, but if people are busy with life or live in different time zones, this can put them in a severe disadvantage for reasons that aren't even in their control.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Of course, I'm saying that because I'm mad for being in that disadvantage state myself, thanks to a 6-hour shift this afternoon, but it's still something that's definitely worth looking into because having your actions out prioritized just because you were in a math class or doing job stuff or sleeping just... doesn't seem fair.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Also, one more thing. I gotta complain about the time priority thing.

It's a good idea in concept, but if people are busy with life or live in different time zones, this can put them in a severe disadvantage for reasons that aren't even in their control.
So you would prefer if it was decided by the flip of a coin?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So you would prefer if it was decided by a flip of the coin?
I mean, this would at least give a consistent 50% chance and not penalize you for being busy or in another continent...

Besides, the situation in which you would need the coin flip are if two people of the same rank aim for each other with the same kind of arrow.

That's so unlikely that this specific scenario having a bit of RNG wouldn't really bring too many complaints, I think.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I mean, this would at least give a consistent 50% chance and not penalize you for being busy or in another continent...

Besides, the situation in which you would need the coin flip are if two people of the same rank aim for each other with the same kind of arrow.

That's so unlikely that this specific scenario having a bit of RNG wouldn't really bring too many complaints, I think.
You acknowledge that it's an unlikely scenario yet you still take issue?

What about players starting at different ranks? Players are inherently disadvantaged against others from forces entirely beyond their control.

Disparity between what players can do is natural in any game, it's all supposed to breed strategy and adaption out of necessity.

Speaking of which, this isn't really time to be concerned about a hypothetical when you could be thinking about what is happening now. And still, there are steps that can be taken to help your worries. I still stress that while players have been claiming that there is nothing to do defend yourself with or any reason to claim anything or try to get anyone else to say anything, if you think about mafia and FFA tactics, it should be easy to discover that all of this is simply not true.

Unfortunately I'm the host and not a player. I really think I'd be a good fit for this kind of game or a FFA in general but I'm the one that can't here. :laugh:

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You acknowledge that it's an unlikely scenario yet you still take issue?
Yes. Because I'm dumb :p

What about players starting at different ranks? Players are inherently disadvantaged against others from forces entirely beyond their control.
At least, it's something established from the game and it can tell the lower ranks that either the target used wings or outprioritized them because rank.

It's still beyond control, but it can lead to conclusions, which can lead to strategizing.

Disparity between what players can do is natural in any game, it's all supposed to breed strategy and adaption out of necessity.
Fair enough.

Unfortunately I'm the host, I really think I'd be a good fit for this kind of game but I'm the one that can't. :laugh:
RIP

But oh well, at least we got to talk about it, so it's fine by me.

Top Bottom