• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platinum End Free-for-All-Mafia GAME OVER: The Big Reveal

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
<----------Read from right to left----------
story setup edited.png

The current shepherd of humanity has grown weaker over the ages and must cede his position of power to another, so that they too may aim to grow mankind into what it must be.
Bound to the heavens, he cannot do so himself. His connection with the planet is the armada of angels that watch over the lives of mortals to fulfill their master's will.
Thirteen of the most gifted angels are given the right to select the one who would herald a new era, and then among them one would be chosen within a set time period.
To help the process be decided, the angels bestow upon their selected individual their powers, determined by the rank they've earned through their service.

However... with no true path to prove their fitness, how will the thirteen decide is the best means to find the one most deserving, the one most suited?
Will it be through debate? How will they pick from one another, when they are told that forfeiture of the angelic gifts will not simply cost them their candidacy, but also their life?
That will be left to the hearts of men and women...

CANDIDATES:

I. The Stoopid Unikorn Hit with White Arrow Day 5, Special Rank Angel
II. Shishoe Lynched Day 2, First Rank Angel
III. Natz~ Sacrificed self on Day 5, Second Rank Angel

IV. Swampasaur Sacrificed self on Day 5, Special Rank Angel
V. praline Hit with White Arrow Night 2, Rank Unknown
VI. Opossum WINNER Ascended on Day 5
VII. WhiteEaglePL Lynched Day 1, First Rank Angel
VIII. ShinyLegendary Lynched Day 4, Special Rank Angel
IX. Liberation Hit with White Arrow Night 4, Rank Unknown
X. Redfeatherraven Hit with White Arrow Day 5, Second Rank Angel
XI. Apollo Justice Lynched Day 3, Second Rank Angel
XII. Pokechu Hit with White Arrow Day 5, Second Rank Angel
XIII. AlphaSSB Lynched Day 5, First Rank Angel

SET-UP:

angel set up.png

5 Second Rank Angels
5 First Rank Angels
3 Special Rank Angels

SECOND RANK BLESSING: ♦ (Alignment Converter)
Those who are granted the lowest rank will only receive one power. The one ability all candidates will possess: Red Arrows. Red Arrows are the Arrow of Love.

FIRST RANK BLESSING: ♦ + Wings (Alignment Converter + Commute)
Additional to the default Red Arrow possessed by all players, those of the First Rank will also be given the ability to fly with their Wings. Wings allow the user to fly faster than the eye can see.

SPECIAL RANK BLESSING: ♦ + Wings + ♦ (Alignment Converter + Commute + Kill)
Finally, the three who have been selected by the most powerful angels will receive Red Arrows, Wings, and a skill unique to them: the White Arrows. White Arrows are the Arrow of Death.

The Arrow of Love colored scarlet is akin to a arrow from cupid. Those pierced by its point will become entirely enamored with the owner of the arrow. They will selflessly give up their own interests for their loved one's and if they are in danger, they would without thought or question give up their own life to protect them. Those with Red Arrows will never be threatened with harm by any of those struck by it. Arrows are unlimited.

In order for arrows to strike true, they must see their target. With the wings that arrows use to travel the skies, even a human can fly faster than any animal or even machine known to man can dare hope to achieve. If a candidate chooses to take flight and soar above the world, they will be safe from the aim of any other player who would shoot them with an arrow of either kind. However, since the flier moves beyond the speed of sound, they too cannot accurately target and thus will be unable to release an arrow of their own.

A right given to few angels, this tool is used to instantly and painlessly send the souls of the living to the afterlife. In other words, it is much like a weapon: any mortal entity that is struck with its ivory edge will die immediately, their soul to be taken away by an angel and away from Earth. Just like with the Arrow of Love, the wielder must see their prey to land a hit, and thus any player using their wings cannot be killed with the Arrow of Death. Arrows are unlimited.

MAFIA RULES

1. The game will be split into Days and Nights, starting with Day. Each phase will last 24 hours.

2. During the Day players may post in the public thread. Everyone can insert a vote with the following input - Vote: User. Any vote that is not bold will not be valid. Usage of Arrows and Wings are not allowed during this phase and are reserved only for Night phases.

3. At the end of the Day, the player with the most votes will be eliminated from the game and may not speak or interfere unless to irrelevantly ****post.

4. During Night phases posting here is forbidden and all players may begin communication with others through Private Messages. Any number of players can be added to these groups. All Private Messages must contain me, the host, Holder of the Heel.

5. Players cannot screenshot or quote their messages in any circumstance.

6. Punishments may range from demotion of Rank to total forfeiture of candidacy and even denial of access within the Trash Talk RIP PM.

7. If the game reaches an impasse and God cannot be chosen, the fallen candidates will return as spirits and it will come to a vote among themselves to pick from those that remain alive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, since I'm using screens from the manga I feel compelled to say... please support the official release of the Platinum End manga!

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
ADDITIONAL MECHANICS

ARROW DEFLECTION

block.png

Are Second Rank players defenseless against attacks? Mostly, yes. However, a player can negate an arrow shot at them by a target in one of two ways.
1. When two players target each other with arrows, they will clash together, neither hitting their target.
2. A player may opt to not shoot their arrow and instead input the action Watch: User and if that candidate aims in your direction, you will block their arrow with your own.

ARROW PRIORITY

simultaneous arrow.jpg

# of Arrows + Time of Action

Every player has Red Arrows, but each player can only be affected by one Red arrow at a time. What happens when multiple players fire upon a single victim to claim their allegiance? The player who has inputted the action first in real-time, the one quicker to the draw, achieves victory, generally speaking. However, those who have multiple arrows acquire greater reach with their shots. For each Arrow in possession a candidate's priority increases. By default, for example, Special Rank players have the highest priority because they have two sets of Arrows, the Red and White.

DEATH OF RED ARROW LOVERS (ABILITY INHERITANCE)

Being affected by a Red Arrow doesn't just mean their allegiance is no longer theirs, but also that if they were to die by any means, the one who struck them will receive every angelic tool they had. If this happens by vote in front of all players, it is revealed to whom the blessings go to. In this way it is possible for Second Rank players to receive wings and for both Second/First Rank players to receive White Arrows. If a player is struck by a White Arrow while they were not under the effects of the Red Arrow, their tool(s) will be given to the Special Rank that killed them.

DUPLICATE TOOLS

extra wings and arrows.png

When a player has multiple sets of any kind of arrow or pair of wings, then the candidate may bestow another user with these gifts by sending in the action Give [Specific Duplicate]: User and at the end of the phase that individual will be given it instead. This can be done whether or not they are already in possession of the tool being granted for them. Players may not give up their own pair of wings and arrows in this way. Additionally, any duplicate powers given to other players can be taken back with Return [Specific Duplicate] and acquire it without their consent at the end of the phase.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
2. If multiple players target the same player during a phase, how is their fate decided? First action input is the first to strike? Do higher ranks get priority?
probabbly the same thing that happens when rtown and mafia roleblockers roleblock eachother. Both things happen at the same time.

idk about higher ranks or the rank balance in general. it shouldn't be too easy for a higher rank player to win over lower rankers, but at the same time, have a advantage.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
♦ PROLOGUE FLAVOR ♦

The thirteen angels dutifully descended from the celestial realm and into the material plane. There were no rules about who they must select, but their time was limited for the current God grew weaker and weaker, with only 999 days remaining.

Not all humans were capable of receiving the blessing for their connection to the next life was tenuous, only those whose life was nearing its own like their master's could make contact with a messenger from the heavens. Quite plainly, they did not have room to be picky. Without a moment's hesitation, they had dispersed.

Some dawns and dusks passed quietly in the world. But it did not take long before things began to change. Wild reports all across the world of individuals floating in the open air. World leaders and infamous terrorists were dying mysteriously without cause. Priceless objects and entire people just disappear in broad daylight.

The richest people known across the countries were suddenly giving away their money and later reporting that they had lost their minds and demand their money back. Celebrities, models, idols, all were claiming to have had affairs with people they didn't even know.

The consequences only magnified when human nature responded to these strange occurrences. Soon hysteria took over and people were claiming their relationships were all products of mind control and no one trusted themselves. Phone calls and messages sent all over of criminals and trolls claiming to be the ones taking everything that has vanished and demanding ransoms. Mobs formed that chanted that the end times were upon them and they were being punished. Riots rose from the sudden assassinations, donations, military and political changes that emerged.

Years passed as the planet descended into a chaos without borders or understanding. Unknown to humanity, all of the inexplicable events taking place were from angels beyond their sight having given thirteen individuals powers no mortal has ever known before. The speed to move across the globe without detection. A limited arsenal of arrows that gave them almost complete influence over the will of any. And the ability to end the life of those nearby without any signs of murder.

However, the contest had passed its halfway point, and the candidates had spent the entire time abusing their powers and largely steering clear of any indication among the billions of the populace that someone is among the other twelve that could interfere with their desire.

It was tradition for the angels to meet up at a designated point to discuss the progress of the selection process, the first time they will have spoken since their mission.

truth.png
"Brothers and sisters, we have made no progress. Our only accomplishment has been to undo the order our master has labored to grow over the eras. Are we any closer to deciding his successor than before?"

Quickly exchanging details on their respective candidates actions had made it clear: the humans were only interested in enjoying the human world. Any chance of them showing initiative was undercut by the fear of another candidate finding their identity and enslaving them and/or executing them to leave the global playground to themselves.

special.png
"What are we to do?" shrugged another. "We are forbidden from interfering directly once it has started."

The angels would have to indirectly lead them all into a situation where they would have no choice but to deal with the contest that has been neglected. Somewhere enclosed, so their wings could not allow any to flee.

panemaa.png
"Have them all trapped together in a box? How could we trust any of them to safely sleep? It's clear that one of our selected humans has spent this entire time bedding every poor soul that has ventured close."
"...My human has told me to clarify that they were all of his willing girlfriends."
"All of them later claimed to have no control over themselves, always 33 days after it started."
"...He also said to put on the record that they were upset because he broke up with them since he 'could not be tied down to any one thot' as he put it."
"What is a 'thot' supposed to be?"
"I do not know. I cannot understand my human. When I encountered him he was holding a large pillow with the image of a bare woman on it that he had claimed to have married."
"...I really think we should move on."
"Yes... Though it is a point well made. They will have to keep access to private quarters separate from the others."
"How does that address the problem of their whims? Without supervision from one another they will certainly conspire against their fellows."
"My candidate will not agree to enter any such a place, for they will claim that a total invasion of their privacy is 'unconstitutional' and would fear that his 'arrows' will be taken from him that are rightfully theirs."
"Did you not inform them that their arrows cannot be confiscated?"
"I tried but this human has been inebriated since I've found them. I cannot get them to agree without mentioning the word freedom."
"If we don't have all thirteen candidates then this is entirely pointless... So long as they arrive but cannot leave that is the best we can hope for. But without interfering how could we possibly restrict their movement?"
"May I offer a possibility? The individual under my wings has been using their tools to grow and use the technological advances of mankind. After building the ultimate gaming computer and dictating the fighters of a virtual gladiator ring of so-called 'Smashers' to an incessantly laughing Japanese man, he has acquired protective mechanisms to house his electronics. If we use these security measures cleverly, we might be able to use their passwords and codes against them without direct involvement."
"If we each commit to memory a single piece of their digital keys exclusively, we'd be helpless to release them. How devious for an angel..."
"We cannot go to some renown fortress. The human tribes that lord over their lands are already hunting for our candidates and will go to any length to find and capture them, and if not able to use them for their own ends then simply bring them to the end of their lives. Arrows leave trails that they have been sniffing out, and in their arrogance there has already arisen rumors of us and the gifts we've bestowed from their loose lips."
"It will have to be somewhere isolated and previously unmet by mankind's meddling..."

On the unheard and unseen dialogue went as the angels plotted, concocting the perfect, or rather least imperfect, scenario to thrust their candidates into so they cannot further shirk their responsibilities before civilization reaches a point of no return.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Don't know much about the theme, but damn, the whole thing looks ****ing insane and I love me some chaos.

Whenever this happens, I want in.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, sign me in whenever this starts, I wanna see how it goes.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
oh this one is asking for sign ups thought it was still work in progress :V

i'm down for this

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm in whenever it happens

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Looks like I'm in.

D

Deleted member

not playing for a whipe. Finaps are coming up and i dont want to get caught up when i should be studying
:061:
Good, work should always be a priority over SmashBoards.
I will miss you, but I hope you do well in your finals. :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
this sounds pretty interesting and crazy. I don’t know the theme but that hasn’t stopped me before. I haven’t been in the greatest health so I’m going to wait a day or two to see if I’m up for joining

D

Deleted member

I have no idea what the subject is, but I will play.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
....well i meant i could use it to slap people who are far away from me so i can be lazy on the bed or to pick up stuff to far away from me so i can once again be lazy on the bed

but now that ya said it perfectly out loud, i guess i got a volunteer who wants it used on them :p
homerleave.gif

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I don't think I'll have the free time in order to play when this game happens, so if this one is next, then I feel like I might spectate this game.

D

Deleted member

If there are whips involved just know that I have some free time.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Holder games are always quite wild.

/in

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I’d enjoy joining this round, even though reading the OP wrinkled my brainbox, if only so the heel can be on the other foot for once, but I don’t think I’ll have the necessary time in the next little while. :(

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
These mechanics are fascinating.

I gotta try this. Count me in.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holder games are always quite wild.

/in
I’ve only done one though lol. But I’m glad to have you on board.

I’d enjoy joining this round, even though reading the OP wrinkled my brainbox, if only so the heel can be on the other foot for once, but I don’t think I’ll have the necessary time in the next little while. :(
Swampy just tagged you because you’re in this group for some reason, we all know you ain’t got the time. :p

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
You know what? I'm ****ing in. I don't know what the hell this game is about and the rules are really weird, but it's a completely different way to play and I want to experience it. Let's see how this goes.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You know what? I'm ****ing in. I don't know what the hell this game is about and the rules are really weird, but it's a completely different way to play and I want to experience it. Let's see how this goes.
I apologize to everyone if the rules are bad/too much or if they could be conveyed a lot better.

If possible I will try to improve things throughout and if nothing else this will go a long way in teaching us how to make a game where everyone is out for themselves.

If there are any questions, please bring them forward.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swampy just tagged you because you’re in this group for some reason, we all know you ain’t got the time. :p
Swamp tagged her because he thought she'd' make time for her favorite Holder.

Apparently not. :(

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Alright, so I've read through everything. Being my first Mafia, might as well make sure I've got the rules down.

3 Mafia, 10 Townies

Half the townies can use 'Red Arrows'. Those hit by the Red Arrow become loyal to the one that shot them. If you shoot someone with the Red Arrow, and they die, you get their stuff. If two players shoot each other, nothing happens. You can also watch someone else, and if they fire an arrow at you, then you deflect it with your own. Players can only be effected by one arrow at a time.

Other half of the town has Red Arrows in addition to the 'Gift of Wings'. Wings allow them to avoid other people's abilities, while making them unable to use their own.

Mafia has 'White Arrows' used for killing other players. If the White Arrow kills someone not under the effects of the Red Arrow, than the shooter gets their target's stuff.

If inheritance leaves you with duplicate tools, than you can give one of the duplicates to another player. You can also take it back without consent, as long as you take it back in the same phase you gave it to them.

Count me in for my first game of Mafia, but I just want to make sure I've got everything down. Also, if Mafia shoots someone with the Red Arrow, does the target become Mafia? And if Mafia is shot by a Townie's Red Arrow, then are they no-longer Mafia?

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I just got one question: are there only 3 total White Arrows? Like, does that mean there are only 3 possible Night kills during the game?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh yeah, I just got one question: are there only 3 total White Arrows? Like, does that mean there are only 3 possible Night kills during the game?
Players have unlimited arrows. Didn't realize that could be ambiguous but it is, my bad.

Alright, so I've read through everything. Being my first Mafia, might as well make sure I've got the rules down.

3 Mafia, 10 Townies
Excellent write-up.

You've got pretty much everything down except the very start, an important detail.
This is a Free for All, it's only mafia in the sense that there are votes and day/night phases.

In other words, there is no mafia and no townies.

Everyone's enemy is everyone. Cooperation only exists to help further your own victory.

The goal is to use your Red Arrows to create an unwilling alliance that outnumbers the rest of the playerbase.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Glad to be in.
It looks like something new, which might confuse me, but it looks fun. :)

Top Bottom