• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform cancelling spin dash

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Due to the emptying of the Sonic boards, I'm not sure if this has been posted or not.

I'm sure most of you know about platform cancelling your jump into shield on smashville's platform. After messing around with it a bit, the same can be done with Sonic's spin dash AND his spin charge. Both when on the ground, and when jumping out of them (SDR and SDJ.)

The timing is tricky but given the speed of Sonic's roll and this new speed he can stop the roll, it can make a deadly combination.

Also i think this is possible on Lylat Cruise and Yoshi's Island as well (but only when the platform is moving.)

inb4oldnews

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What ways do you guys cancel the spins, anyways? I actually use c-stick down. Feels most comfortable, but if there's an "easier" way, I'm more than open to the idea. :applejack:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
What ways do you guys cancel the spins, anyways? I actually use c-stick down. Feels most comfortable, but if there's an "easier" way, I'm more than open to the idea. :applejack:
Control Stick down for me. I never liked the idea of Dair PCs. I've been working on getting the timing down consistently. It's so hard to time with Sonic because he's in a ball.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
i just use the control stick. Its what I like using.

@ Espy: You know long time ago when you did the nair lock testing vs ROB? did you ever try just ff AD right at the apex of the FS to buffer jab? It seems to work if you do it just right. that may just be me though.

Life

Smash Hero
i just use the control stick. Its what I like using.

@ Espy: You know long time ago when you did the nair lock testing vs ROB? did you ever try just ff AD right at the apex of the FS to buffer jab? It seems to work if you do it just right. that may just be me though.
I think it depends how high you footstool ROB. If you footstool him high, you might be able to catch up with FF and jab him. If you're not high enough, he'll hit before you can FF far enough. And of course he'll escape if you're too high.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
yeah thats what im getting around here. even the low one seems REALLY close if you time the ff perfectly. Thatd be awesome if that worked cuz then we would have a true infinite on ROB

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
control stick down for me
though I mostly platform cancel when im ike since his is alittle easier

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Shield, then control stick down. Instantly makes me drop through the platform as I hit it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKf935ITPAI&#t=39s

The input is almost like you're buffering a spotdodge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFEO1XRyD3s&#t=52s

Theoretically Sonic could have the same application..? Spindash > footstool > platform cancel drop > sourspot nair > jablock ...too situational to be useful. But it's still a nice thought.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
its easier for us though because of the height we can footstool at in imo. Although I love when u platform cancel during SDJ and the opponent just falls on the platform. That jab lock is too funny. Itd be tight to be consistent with the spindash FSJ PCD jab lock though. My brawl time is stacked with Nair testing and write ups for other boards lol.

Top Bottom