• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plans are being made for Mother 2 30th anniversary

Earthbound_30.jpg

2024 marks the 30th year anniversary of Mother 2, known as EarthBound here - 5 years before his appearance in Super Smash Bros. The official X account for the Mother franchise says that plans are being made to celebrate it. What those plans are? No one knows, but here's a translation of their post on X: (Thanks, My Nintendo News)

"Happy New Year!
The year 2024 marks the 30th anniversary of the release of “MOTHER 2”.
will mark the 30th anniversary of the release of “MOTHER 2”.
We are preparing various plans for the year ahead,
Let’s enjoy this year together.
We look forward to your continued support!"

Maybe new Mother merch? Or a physical release of Mother 2? Definitely wouldn't hold my breath for Mother 3.

Earthbound/Mother 2 and EarthBound Beginnings/Mother can both be found on Nintendo Switch Online.

Author's Note: As a fan of the Mother franchise I look forward to this. Wonder what they could be cooking up. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

How about mother 1 - 3 Remakes? With censourship and diffrent music at points?
Because music and dark themes seem to be the reasons these games are sold less!

Physical release of EarthBound Beginnings, EarthBound, and EarthBound Endings (Mother 1, 2, and 3) in one cartridge and EarthBound remake like Super Mario RPG remake.

Physical release of EarthBound Beginnings, EarthBound, and EarthBound Endings (Mother 1, 2, and 3) in one cartridge and EarthBound remake like Super Mario RPG remake.
Earthbound Beginnings and endings are cringe names just call them Mother 1-3

Top Bottom