• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKAY FIAH! ~ Ness MU Discussion [INDEX PAGE + Various Discussions]

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I might as well have my 2000th post here.
And yeah, setting Pikmin on fire is actually a good idea. It'll prevent an Olimar approach, and can give you safe entrance to approach yourself.

I still hate fighting Olimars, though...

_clinton

Smash Master
I might as well have my 2000th post here.
And yeah, setting Pikmin on fire is actually a good idea. It'll prevent an Olimar approach, and can give you safe entrance to approach yourself.

I still hate fighting Olimars, though...
Dude...setting anything on fire is a good idea when playing as Ness...haven't you figured that out yet?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Then he has a bunch of red Pikmin, which is only partially good for you.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wait! We'll do Olimar later, right now we have Lucario.

As a side note, what shall we do when we finish? Revisit the matchups?

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
Then he has a bunch of red Pikmin, which is only partially good for you.
One thing about PK Fire killing all but red pikmin: Those have the strongest aerials, letting him challenge you in the air. That may make a difference, but then again our f-air might take them out. I don't know.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the digression.
@PK-ow!: I agree: send him out at a low trajectory (maybe nair), and ledgehog for the gimp kill.
Watch for the double-team, and don't get gimped yourself.

_clinton

Smash Master
One thing about PK Fire killing all but red pikmin: Those have the strongest aerials, letting him challenge you in the air. That may make a difference, but then again our f-air might take them out. I don't know.
Fair stops them...along with Nair...

Fun fact...Olimar's Uair is something you don't want to be hit by...

Uffe

Smash Hero
You guys don't seem to know the Olimar vs Ness match-up.
Actually it's supposed to be in Ness' favor. But that doesn't mean Olimar can't defeat Ness. I'm not the best Ness here, so I'm not the one who really determines this. However, I believe ViceGrip fought this so called good Olimar main. I don't know this guys name, but he said that it was in Ness' favor. So when it comes down to good players fighting good players, I'll go with what he stated.

Anyway, I don't know much about Lucario, so I'm going to end this little response with who we should revisit since I have a character in mind and that'd be Samus. I personally don't think it's 60:40 in Ness' favor. That seems a little too steep in my opinion.

Levitas

the moon
Olimar vs lucas is even, and I don't like using ness as much.

What does ness have in this matchup that deals with olimar well?

Excellence

Smash Champion
I used to main Olimar, but I know no other good Nesses.
Why don't you ask around the boards? The Ness Boards that is.

Actually it's supposed to be in Ness' favor. But that doesn't mean Olimar can't defeat Ness. I'm not the best Ness here, so I'm not the one who really determines this. However, I believe ViceGrip fought this so called good Olimar main. I don't know this guys name, but he said that it was in Ness' favor. So when it comes down to good players fighting good players, I'll go with what he stated.
I wouldn't go off of one person's opinion. I doubt you guys did that... at least I hope not. You've played me, though, I think I made that match-up difficult for you.

Olimar vs lucas is even, and I don't like using ness as much.

What does ness have in this matchup that deals with olimar well?
NAir, DAir, and Jumping. That's all you have.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I wouldn't go off of one person's opinion. I doubt you guys did that... at least I hope not. You've played me, though, I think I made that match-up difficult for you.
We didn't go off on just one persons opinion. As for match ups, I could have easily failed simply because one, there was slight lag and two, I don't have very much match up exp against Olimar. Not to sound like I'm making an excuse, but I feel that's the truth for me. I'm sure if you went ahead and tried out better Ness mains, the opinion might change. I however am not a good Ness main.

Excellence

Smash Champion
We didn't go off on just one persons opinion. As for match ups, I could have easily failed simply because one, there was slight lag and two, I don't have very much match up exp against Olimar. Not to sound like I'm making an excuse, but I feel that's the truth for me. I'm sure if you went ahead and tried out better Ness mains, the opinion might change. I however am not a good Ness main.
I've beaten all the other Ness players I've played the same way, consistently.

Uffe

Smash Hero
With most characters, it's kind of difficult to get close to a campy opponent, but not impossible. It'll eventually get countered somehow and Olimar isn't exactly the god of campy opponents. If I do get around to playing more Olimar's like this, I'll learn from my mistakes.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Well, I guess ill put a little comment in my mass linkage post saying:

(with Olimar tangent)

next to the Lucario link. Just thought id let you all know. And yeah, Im not that good at fighting campy Oilmars either.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
sooo... what do you guys say on your matchup with lucario?

edit-100th post. and on the ness boards? i didnt see this coming.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I know we're on Lucario, but I just have to say that I hope Excellence isn't basing his performance on WiFi matches, where it's even harder to punish many characters in this game.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Oli vs Ness is even at worst. Ness may have a slight advantage but Oli definantly does not.

I have no idea about the Lucario match up. Ive played Lucarios and its pretty hard for me :(

Uffe

Smash Hero
sooo... what do you guys say on your matchup with lucario?

edit-100th post. and on the ness boards? i didnt see this coming.
Eh. We haven't really talked much about Lucario vs Ness. In my opinion I'd like to think that it's 60:40 if not 55:45 in Lucario's favor. Here's from my experience.

• Aura Sphere can be absorbed or reflected.
  • Both can gimp each other fairly well. Like Lucario being able to fly onto the stage instead of just the edge, Ness can also do the same..
  • Lucario's Double Team or whatever it is can kill but can also be dodged if you're quick enough.
  • A lot of Lucario's attacks seem disjointed in a way. His dair is probably tougher to get by than Peach's dair and so you don't want to spot dodge that though it may very well happen.
  • Lucario's Force Palm can be absorbed if at a close distance, but not to the point you'll get grabbed by it.
  • Basically his aura has a big hitbox, so it's hard to get through.

For Ness, I know how fair can cut through a lot of Lucario's attacks, but I think Lucario's attacks might come out a bit quicker than his. Anyway, like I said, I don't have much experience against this character. I don't really come across that many Lucario's and when I do, they just spam Aura Sphere. :urg: I mean it's not a problem for me since they just give me free health, but I know there are better ones out there.

Shaky

Smash Ace
Have you played good nesses offline?

Not to offend any Nesses that play strictly online, but Ness online is pretty bad, especially if you incorporated PK Thunder into your playstyle.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Everyone pick up Yoshi, he is god tier.
Yoshi in general is just annoying! I guess it's because nobody really uses him that gives the matches a wtf moment. Also, Ness does suck online. Most characters do.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Yoshi in general is just annoying! I guess it's because nobody really uses him that gives the matches a wtf moment. Also, Ness does suck online. Most characters do.
All characters do.

Except Fox. @_@ I cannot beat a online Fox.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Eh. We haven't really talked much about Lucario vs Ness. In my opinion I'd like to think that it's 60:40 if not 55:45 in Lucario's favor. Here's from my experience.

• Aura Sphere can be absorbed or reflected.
  • Both can gimp each other fairly well. Like Lucario being able to fly onto the stage instead of just the edge, Ness can also do the same..
  • Lucario's Double Team or whatever it is can kill but can also be dodged if you're quick enough.
  • A lot of Lucario's attacks seem disjointed in a way. His dair is probably tougher to get by than Peach's dair and so you don't want to spot dodge that though it may very well happen.
  • Lucario's Force Palm can be absorbed if at a close distance, but not to the point you'll get grabbed by it.
  • Basically his aura has a big hitbox, so it's hard to get through.

For Ness, I know how fair can cut through a lot of Lucario's attacks, but I think Lucario's attacks might come out a bit quicker than his. Anyway, like I said, I don't have much experience against this character. I don't really come across that many Lucario's and when I do, they just spam Aura Sphere. :urg: I mean it's not a problem for me since they just give me free health, but I know there are better ones out there.
you want a good lucario? go to youtube and search for videos of Azen. he is the best of the best out there. the only problem is that he plays aggressive while most will do defense but youll still get an overall idea about just how good we lucarios can be.

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I just came around to say the Lucas boards are Redisscussing Ness in the match-up thread. It would help if you came and shared your opinion. Please and thank you. =)

metroid1117

Smash Master

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
you want a good lucario? go to youtube and search for videos of Azen. he is the best of the best out there. the only problem is that he plays aggressive while most will do defense but youll still get an overall idea about just how good we lucarios can be.
Azen isnt fair.... he pulls off the **** with anybody.

Top Bottom