• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
tag random mods? ever since our first mod left we've been modless. the board's pretty dead anyway though, so we aren't in total anarchy.

everyone's just on discord now >_>

Last edited:

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
Haven't teamed with a Lucario before! Capt falcon....hmmm, he gets bodied too hard in doubles and has limited approach options.
Lucario is stupidly godly with Lucas in doubles. Lucario's aura moves that you can absorb scale with his rage so you can stock tank for Lucario (Side-B heals 20% is Lucario has rage.) Lucas Up-throw into Lucario's Up-air kills if Lucario has rage at around 40/50ish.

Falcon is fast and can help Lucas with landing. Also his F-air hits extremely hard and is easily combod into with Lucas his N-air, Fair or just any throw. Lucas should try and combo extend falcon's combos and assist him in setting up his approach.

I'd say the best partner for lucas in doubles would be Bowser or DK someone who can hit hard
I've tried DK and it's Okay, the other 7 options are imo better. DK can't take care of himself and has the same landing issues Lucas has.

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
Characters with charge shots are good if both players are individually good with their characters and aren't looking for team combos specifically, since Lucas can heal and reflect them, which is not insignificant, even after 1.1.3. I teamed with a Samus player on the weekend and we did pretty well for having never properly played together outside of a few friendlies.

This makes me want to form a proper team with my local Lucario player, though. Even after the doubles nerf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt9p1qPVMw8

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
Characters with charge shots are good if both players are individually good with their characters and aren't looking for team combos specifically, since Lucas can heal and reflect them, which is not insignificant, even after 1.1.3. I teamed with a Samus player on the weekend and we did pretty well for having never properly played together outside of a few friendlies.

This makes me want to form a proper team with my local Lucario player, though. Even after the doubles nerf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt9p1qPVMw8
That reminds me of during the brawl days when a Lucas and Lucario team was formed by two players (I'm pretty sure they were Japanese players but I could be wrong) who didn't have great results in singles but once they put work into their team they made waves in their scene and in their country. Using aura sphere to heal Lucas every chance that they got, along with some sick combos they pulled off together.

Last edited:

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me of during the brawl days when a Lucas and Lucario team was formed by two players (I'm pretty sure they were Japanese players but I could be wrong) who didn't have great results in singles but once they put work into their team they made waves in their scene and in their country. Using aura sphere to heal Lucas every chance that they got, along with some sick combos they pulled off together.
They're the same team.

Last edited:

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
Yep, same team! Loved there teamwork and still do! I wonder how they are doing since the healing nerf.
I think the same really, even though healing got nerfed Lucario/Lucas overcapped the 30% by a landslide. I played Lucas/Lucario yesterday and absorbing an aura sphere + Side-B still heals 45%. I had multiple games where in the end I had 3 stocks and 0%.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
I think the same really, even though healing got nerfed Lucario/Lucas overcapped the 30% by a landslide. I played Lucas/Lucario yesterday and absorbing an aura sphere + Side-B still heals 45%. I had multiple games where in the end I had 3 stocks and 0%.
Wow it still heals that much well I guess the teams still going strong $)

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
Jumping into the teams discussion! :b: I've found that Mario can be a viable asset to Lucas in doubles. He has fast aerials and a great grab game that can give Lucas some nice combos, and vice versa. He can also be an invaluable wall for Lucas if Lucas is the stock tank, as Mario's up-smash covers aerial approaches and down-smash can cover people trying to roll in. Fire balls can heal Lucas at desperate percents, though not as effective of course due to the teams healing nerf. Mario's recovery is also good enough that Lucas doesn't have to commit to saving him off-stage.

I'd also agree with Lucario being a great team partner with Lucas. Not tried it personally, but seeing the doubles team in Japan that reps. the two definitely proves their worth. Interestingly enough I got no notifications for this thread for the past few days it seems. Otherwise I would've jumped into bunch of convos.

- P.S. Just took a peek a Mekos's video to see Mario was on the doubles list. Couldn't watch it though because school restricts Youtube and my phone is almost dead, so... :p

Last edited:

MrStardustRicon

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrStardustRicon
Admittedly most of these teams are all based off of Lucas being the support character, but now I'm wondering how Lucas would act as the aggressor and what characters would lend himself well in that role. Like, Lucario was mentioned and he'd be very well as the support character, but I could see characters like Samus and Robin lending themselves well in the support role.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Admittedly most of these teams are all based off of Lucas being the support character, but now I'm wondering how Lucas would act as the aggressor and what characters would lend himself well in that role. Like, Lucario was mentioned and he'd be very well as the support character, but I could see characters like Samus and Robin lending themselves well in the support role.
I don't think lucas works well as a aggressor I don't think he has the tools

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Lucas can lead but needs a partner who is very good at punishing. Lucas is best supporting because he punishes well and doesn't have the best approach options. He is best at baiting.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Lucas can lead but needs a partner who is very good at punishing. Lucas is best supporting because he punishes well and doesn't have the best approach options. He is best at baiting.
So I'm thinking ZSS and Lucas seems like the best choice

Last edited:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Lucas and Zss is a good team in this game. Healing factor helps and zss can be the aggressor. At the same time, ZSS punishes hard, especially off stage which will help against opponents who know how to edge guard Lucas well.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Lucas and Zss is a good team in this game. Healing factor helps and zss can be the aggressor. At the same time, ZSS punishes hard, especially off stage which will help against opponents who know how to edge guard Lucas well.
Hmmm good insight I'll have to try this sometime

Top Bottom